2007 Saturn Aura

Great car, great price!

by from Des Moines, IA on May 17, 2009

Any review you read will say the interior of the 07 Saturn appears "cheap". This car was built in the same factory that builds the Pontiac G6 and the 2009 Chevy Malibu. The interior of the Saturn Aura and the 09 Malibu is virtually identical, yet the Malibu gets a rating of about average on the interior. Go figure. My 07 has about 40 MORE horsepower than an 09 Malibu with identical fuel economy. You can get a Saturn, same interior, same sporty and aggressive exterior, more horsepower, same fuel economy... at a significantly lower price. Don't waste your money on an 09 Malibu. Buy a Saturn Aura. You will not be dissappointed.

One of the better Saturns I've owned

by from Clifton, NJ on July 2, 2008

I have a Aura XE with a 3.5 liter V-6 engine. This car is far more reliable than the L Series although I've had a few minor problems with it. The problems have I had: Day 1 Warped front rotors. Well, maybe not so minor. Replaced immediately. Apparently a defect effecting many. Squeaky wheel covers. Solution - grease around the edges of the covers. Creaky front passenger belt buckle. Dealer offered to replace it but I live with it. It happens when the buckle touches the seat when in use. Rattles in the dash board. Almost impossible to find when I present to the dealer. One of those things. Car suspension sounded like an old car. Like an oscillating sound. Front struts made noise at around 20,000 miles. Dealer said they were leaking. Replaced. Squeaking rear break pad. Again, a warranty item. Squeaking passenger rear bushing. At least that's what I think. It doesn't do it when it's wet out side. Not looked at yet. I think I might try WD-40. Well, that's bit of stuff. Sorry. The car is comfortable to me. The cabin is illuminated with several lights that add elegance. It's a quiet car and the car's stereo is great. The mileage could be better, but I've got the powerful V-6. Believe it or not, I've gotten 31 miles to the gallon on long trips. I usually get around 26- 28 MPG, but that's mostly highway miles using cruise a lot. Consumers Report said around 20 overall. Thank god I haven't experienced that low amount. I found it difficult to get use to the dash board gas gauge. I had low fuel warnings a few too many times. Maybe it had something to do with the car being so much more comfortable than the L200 I owned.

Best Car I have owned in a long time

by from Rockford on August 26, 2010

I bought my Aura 3 mths ago because I had one as a rental and drove it all the way to Kentucky and back and it was great. Very reliable. VERY stylish inside and out. Mine has the 3.6 v6 and it has a lot of pickup. It doesn't feel like some wimpy little engine, it feels like it has power. I love it in every way.

Great car, but disappointing MPG

by from Bowling Green, OH on February 14, 2011

I love the car, but was disappointed by the low gas mileage. Approximately 85% of my driving is on the highway, yet I'm only getting 21-22 MPG. I love driving it, but am hesistant to because of the poor gas mileage.

great car

by from on April 23, 2012

Great car. Only drawback is that the mpg is not as good as expected. This is for the 6 cylinder xr model. Everything else is top notch so far.

Overall Great Car

by from Seattle, WA on January 1, 2013

I bought a Saturn Aura XR new in October 2007. I've had it a little over 5 years and have put 85,000 miles on it. It's been absolutely rock solid. Other than changing the oil and buying new tires, I've never had it in to the shop for anything. Never needed any repairs. I've got no complaints. Yes, it does go through gas a bit quicker than my previous car, but then again, I've got a six cylinder XR with tons of power. So I wasn't expected great gas mileage and I'm ok with that. I'm currently hoping that I can get past 100,000 miles before I need to repair anything on it. So far, so good. I am very happy with this car and I would have bought another Saturn in a few years if GM hadn't shut them down.

2007 saturn aura

by from on May 1, 2014

i would recommend you get this car it is the best car i had its so comfortable it makes me feel safe.

Excellent Car

by from on June 3, 2014

This car has been absolutely awesome. I was very picky when I was looking at a car to buy and this one had everything i could ever ask/need in a car. Bought it with 61,000 km on it and so far not a single issue at all. Those that are having issues must have just had a bad luck in the draw. Has a strong engine. Although there's lots of plastics in the interior it really does look more luxurious then you might think. Trunk space perfect for 2 hockey bags. Tires/rims look very sassy. Lots of compartments to store whatever you need. Gas is mediocre in terms of a car but for a V6 its not bad! I am averaging between 10-11 L/100 km but i spend a decent amount of time city driving. Highway/long road driving can reach 6.5-8 L/100 km. Didn't really know this car existed until I bough it but i would much rather have it that way as i don't want the same car as everyone else. Overall I highly recommend it.

chevy malibeu for less money

by from corona c,a on November 28, 2011

if you c,ant or don,t want to buy a new malibu the saturn aura is just as good at half the price,they stoped making the aura but it really is the same car ,but abetter looking body

Reliable Saturn

by from High Point, NC on February 22, 2017

I had a 2007 Saturn Aura XE 3.5, It was a good car that was used on highway and city driving, the MPG was usually under 20. the car was generally easy to drive and the inside was easy to get comfortable in, im about 290 lbs and had plenty of room inside. i had the car to about 184,000 miles until its demise, the car was totaled but the other driver and i both had no injuries

Our Expert Review: 2007 Saturn Aura