2007 Aura

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great car, but disappointing MPG

by Kevin from Bowling Green, OH on February 14, 2011

I love the car, but was disappointed by the low gas mileage. Approximately 85% of my driving is on the highway, yet I'm only getting 21-22 MPG. I love driving it, but am hesistant to because of the poor gas mileage.

2007 saturn aura

by sexybeast from on May 1, 2014

i would recommend you get this car it is the best car i had its so comfortable it makes me feel safe.

great car

by darkehorse from on April 23, 2012

Great car. Only drawback is that the mpg is not as good as expected. This is for the 6 cylinder xr model. Everything else is top notch so far.

Not A Good Experience

by Disappointed from Charlotte, NC on May 1, 2007

When I first saw the Saturn Aura, I was blown away by how sharp the exterior and interior were. The performance was equally as commanding. I thought it was one of the best cars I've seen in its class so I abandoned all of the others in my consideration set and purchased it. It then spent its first few months being repeatedly towed to the dealer, being jump-started by GM Assitance and sitting in a service bay. At this point, the technicians are merely guessing and replacing. Moral: Be careful buying the first model year. Technicians have minimal experience with diagnostics and answers are tough to find. And if you think my experience is unique, be aware that another Aura was towed in during my last visit for its second experience for not starting.

Does not recommend this car!!

Almost perfect

by George from Columbus, OH on November 3, 2007

I bought a 2007 Aura three months ago. I have been extremely pleased with this car: it drives like a dream, it's very quiet, it has an excellent sound system, the gas mileage is fair to good for a vehicle this size, and lots of people have admired the styling and the interior comfort. In fact I love it nearly unconditionally. There is just this one thing: the frame of the driver's seat. The frame for the seat protrudes at a strange angle, and if you do not get into the car the way you are supposed to when you have a bad back (butt first instead of leg first) you bang the underside of your thigh on this piece. I wondered why the salesman at the Saturn dealership noted that you should always enter EVERY car this way as we took it for a test drive, but after banging my thigh a couple of times I realized what he was getting at. But I love the car overall and would highly recommend it to anyone.

fantastic car

by jt from topanga, ca on November 8, 2007

i've owned many cars foreign and domestic, this is the best car and the best car company that i have ever experianced in my 40 years of driving.i live in topanga canyon and the drive is awesome, handles curves quick on straights and with the stabilitrak system the car always feels secure. many neighbors have wondered what this car is. I've had it since march with 9500 miles on it and just 1 oil change. the best and with onstar to boot. no problems or hassles.

Great car, great price!

by DesMo from Des Moines, IA on May 17, 2009

Any review you read will say the interior of the 07 Saturn appears "cheap". This car was built in the same factory that builds the Pontiac G6 and the 2009 Chevy Malibu. The interior of the Saturn Aura and the 09 Malibu is virtually identical, yet the Malibu gets a rating of about average on the interior. Go figure. My 07 has about 40 MORE horsepower than an 09 Malibu with identical fuel economy. You can get a Saturn, same interior, same sporty and aggressive exterior, more horsepower, same fuel economy... at a significantly lower price. Don't waste your money on an 09 Malibu. Buy a Saturn Aura. You will not be dissappointed.

Wow...I bought a Saturn (Aura XE)

by Auraboi from Calgary, AB Canada on October 24, 2006

After over a week of comparisons, test drives, internet research, and constantly second guessing myself, chose the Saturn Aura. After having a G6 as a rental only days before, I can tell you the Aura feels nothing like it's GM cousins. It's also superior to the Camry I rented for a week. The Aura has a distinctly European feel to it's handling and sports a more 'high tech' version of the venerable push-rod 3.5L V6 featuring VVT. It's remarkably quiet and the interior is impressive with it's use of higher quality materials and elegant layout. To me, the Aura one of the best looking mid-sized sedans to come along in a long, long time. The lines are clean, gaps are tight, with large wheel wells pushed out to the corners to give it an aggressive, sporty stance. I picked up the base XE model, which is well equipped as is. The 224 HP, 220 lb ft of torque 3.5L V6 is mated to GM's rather antiquated 4- speed auto transmission, but it works well enough. Shifts are smooth and the car moves along effortlessly. Air conditioning, ABS, Traction Control, power everything, keyless entry, 17" wheels, CD/MP3 player, Onstar, and 4 wheel discs all come standard. Honda, VW, Toyota and even Hyundai have a hard time offering this much car for so little money. This is my first new car and is a radical step up from my 93 Mazda 323, which I just sold to a mechanic for $75. I just want to go driving now. I'm very happy with my decision and if anyone is in the market for a mid-size sedan, do yourself a favour - check out the Aura and compare it to everything else. In all honesty, I never thought I would give my money to a domestic auto maker, but GM has done their homework and created a bonafide import fighter...for real this time! There is no need for me to second guess myself any longer. The original point of Saturn's existence was to woo import buyers, so for me to choose a Saturn over everything else speaks volumes about Saturn's (and GM's) new direction and attitude.

One of the better Saturns I've owned

by American car purchaser from Clifton, NJ on July 2, 2008

I have a Aura XE with a 3.5 liter V-6 engine. This car is far more reliable than the L Series although I've had a few minor problems with it. The problems have I had: Day 1 Warped front rotors. Well, maybe not so minor. Replaced immediately. Apparently a defect effecting many. Squeaky wheel covers. Solution - grease around the edges of the covers. Creaky front passenger belt buckle. Dealer offered to replace it but I live with it. It happens when the buckle touches the seat when in use. Rattles in the dash board. Almost impossible to find when I present to the dealer. One of those things. Car suspension sounded like an old car. Like an oscillating sound. Front struts made noise at around 20,000 miles. Dealer said they were leaking. Replaced. Squeaking rear break pad. Again, a warranty item. Squeaking passenger rear bushing. At least that's what I think. It doesn't do it when it's wet out side. Not looked at yet. I think I might try WD-40. Well, that's bit of stuff. Sorry. The car is comfortable to me. The cabin is illuminated with several lights that add elegance. It's a quiet car and the car's stereo is great. The mileage could be better, but I've got the powerful V-6. Believe it or not, I've gotten 31 miles to the gallon on long trips. I usually get around 26- 28 MPG, but that's mostly highway miles using cruise a lot. Consumers Report said around 20 overall. Thank god I haven't experienced that low amount. I found it difficult to get use to the dash board gas gauge. I had low fuel warnings a few too many times. Maybe it had something to do with the car being so much more comfortable than the L200 I owned.

Second-time Saturn owner

by Saturn Fan of 13 Years from Brandon, FL on September 10, 2010

I bought this vehicle 2 months ago and am very happy with it so far. The power and handling are top-notch compared to my last Saturn (a 97' SL I bought new in college), although a 5- or 6-speed transmission would be better than the existing 4-speed. Handling in wet weather is good except for tire-spinning when accelerating quickly. Gas mileage seems to run between 18 and 24 mpg in mixed conditions, depending on how hard the engine is pushed. I would expect highway driving to be between 28 and 32 mpg, depending on average speed. Trip computer gives good feedback re: fuel efficiency. Cabin features are pleasing to the eye and touch - plush surfaces, up-to-date dash controls and instruments, roomy console compartments. Sound system is good... aux jack and mp3 disc reader a plus. Auto up and down for driver window is useful, as are extendable sun visors and dual 12V jacks. Power driver side bucket seat very comfortable, especially lumbar support. Not sure about the angle of the head rests, though (they all point down instead of up or neutral). Noise levels are extremely low - feels like I'm driving an Audi or a BMW. Exterior styling is a quantum leap over earlier models. The Aura has a sporty yet conservative look that I find very attractive. Trunk is spacious with elastic cargo netting - lid only opens slightly to keep opening sealed until fully raised (helpful during rainy weather, especially if trunk button accidentally pressed on key fob). Curves are well-placed, as are chrome accents. Midline apices (visible ridge down center of front and rear vehicle panels) seems to mimic Cadillac design. I agree with other reviews that the rear quarter of the vehicle is its best angle for viewing. Overall, the Aura is a great value for the money compared to the competition. I only wish I could buy another Saturn in 2020.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7