2009 Subaru Forester consumer reviews

$19,995–$24,095 MSRP range
side view of 2009 Forester Subaru
Explore the 2009 Subaru Forester
Shop the 2009 Subaru Forester

Most reliable car I have ever owned

This has met all our needs . It has been very reliable getting my elderly parent around. Very comfortable for long trips. Has heated front seats.

All I drive are Subarus.1985-2009 Love them

Best most reliable make of car I've ever owned. They run forever and are a pleasure to drive in any kind of weather. This is my 5th since 1985 !!

Most reliable car I've ever owned.

I've had no major problems with this car. I've gotten 218,000 miles on this car. That says a lot considering using it for hunting and fishing plus every day running.

Best used car i have bought

The car has met all my needs even in the winter snow and ice no problem with it at any time the six months i have owned. The forest er

4.0

Good value for the money I paid, rides nice.

I feel comfortable and safe in the car, great visibility. The car handles extremely well in the snow, probably improve even more when I get snow tires. I like the exterior styling and open visibility, all around.

2.3

Junk. How did this get past Subaru's engineers

Our '04 Outback has been excellent even at over 200k miles. The '09 Forester has been a visual medley of warning lights. Replaced both catalytic converters and all four tire pressure sensors ($400). Check engine light keeps coming on, same catalytic converter error as before. My mechanic says the engine checks out okay but l've heard these cars burn oil (apparently without losing compression). Now we're looking at 3 thou worth of engine rebuild and cat converter replacement. No, I wouldn't recommend an 09 Forester to a friend - or even an enemy. 'Blue Baru' has been a serious disappointment.

Lovin my Subaru

I like how it handles, cargo space, and the size of the sunroof is awesome. I am happy to now be part of the Subaru family.

Reliable car highly recommend.

The car meets and needs the things I need from our car. Great car year round. Awesome in the winter and snow. Highly recommend this car.

Most reliable car I ever owned

Great car, I've had a great time driving it. Love the panoramic sliding glass moon roof. Love the all-time all wheel drive!

It's been very reliable and handles beautifully.

I love it...I like the way it handles especially in the snow, which is why we purchased it. Since it is a smaller vehicle it doesn't have lots of leg room in rear seat area for adults but is okay for kids and smaller adults, other than that I have no complaints. It rides great, drives great and so far has been a great buy.