2009 Subaru Forester consumer reviews

$19,995–$24,095 MSRP range
side view of 2009 Forester Subaru
Explore the 2009 Subaru Forester
Shop the 2009 Subaru Forester

great car, looks nice and is excellent in the snow

Ive drove this car every day for the past 2 1/2 years! Its a great small suv with great gas mileage and perfect for safety with my 2 young kids! I am selling the car only because I have a work car now for my job. Come test drive the car and You;ll love it!!

3.0

A Disappointment.

I was so impressed with my 2001 Subaru Forester I passed it down to my son and bought a 2009 Forester. The 2001 Forester had 230,000 miles on it and had never had to have any major repairs, only general maintenance. I was confident it would make it to 300,000, unfortunately it was totaled in a wreck. Before the wreck I really considered taking it back from my son and getting rid of the 2009. I purchased the 2009 with 75,000 miles on it. Now at only 115,000 miles it has had several issues. Some minor like the drivers seat being stuck in one position, and the hood struts failed. Those are more expensive than one would think they are. Some major like the whole rack and pinion having to be rebuilt because of a steering fluid leak. That was an expensive fix. Then it started miss firing and hoping it was a simple fix we had the spark plugs changed and there was oil on the spark plugs. That is not supposed to happen. Another expensive fix. Now it is smelling like burnt oil. That means another leak. It has also developed a strange rattle in the back. I am afraid to find out what is causing that. This car probably won't even make it to 150,000 miles. I was a loyal Subaru fan, but now I am not so sure my next vehicle will be a Subaru.

4.0

used car

Driving this subaru felt like it was just meant to be. The car handles better than i was expecting.

Awesome vehicle!

This vehicle exceeded our expectations! It has very smooth handling and is a comfortable ride! The backseat area is roomy. The visibility around the car is exceptional, with no 'blind spot' areas. This is our first Subaru and we are very impressed!

Really great and no problem car ! we love it !

This car is really good,, very economical, comfortable, we like a sunroof its really huge , alot of space in the back ( for kids strollers and bikes )

2.6

One of the worst cars I have owned

This SUV was nice at the beginning, but after it racked up some miles, everything went downhill from the headgasket to the exhaust, going through headlights every few months, etc.

4.3

great upgrade

I recently purchased this vehicle and so far am very happy with it. The car has 106,000 miles on it but drives like it's been well taken care of. I love all the updated features, heated seats, volume/channel control on the steering wheel and many other great add ons.

Safest Car You Can Own

Not only was it luxurious with all the bells and whistles, sunroof, heated seats, 6 cd player, all the options, but it was affordable. And then sadly I totalled it. I ran into a tree head first and then skidded backward across a highway and hit a fence with the backend and then it rolled half over and back. I didn't get a scratch. Not even a piece of glass hit me and all the windows busted out. There are so many safety features like these curtains that came down and protected me from the glass and of course all the airbags. It was completely ruined except for the driver and passenger seat areas. They were like a cocoon. I never got to see the back seats but I am sure they were protected also. This is what you want to drive to keep yourself and your family safe. And its a nice looking and tricked out vehicle too.

Best car I owned

Comfortable, great interior (I own the limited ed), great smooth ride. Looks great and also great space inside.

3.7

Great tow vehicle

Car is clean, Well maintained,. Spoke to previous owners so have a good idea of maintenance. Runs great and is fun to drive.