2015 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

$29,765–$32,530 MSRP range
side view of 2015 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2015 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2015 Toyota Highlander

Minivan space wothout minivan looks

My higlander exceeded my expectations its not only a beautiful SUV its also spacious and comfortable. It drives like a luxury sedan. Ive taken it off road and on roadtrips and my mica never gavme an issue. Heated and cooled seats are awesome and the JBL sound system playing the right music makes any travel a party.

Loyalty to make and model

I really love this vehicle. I previously owned a 2012 limited XLE model and I loved it. Unfortunately someone ran into me and it was totaled and and I found myself in need of a new car. The 2015 limited has not disappointed. I love the larger back up camera with park assist and the navigation system. It is listed with all kinds of features that I never even knew I missed but am glad it I gave them. This car is pretty swanky. Heated and cooled leather seats, entune apps lets me connect to so many things like finding gas stations, music apps, dining apps, and more. The speaker phone on this model is much better quality than on my previous one. The dash controls are much easier and right at my fingertips. It handles very well and has good pick up when entering the highway. There is regular outlet type plug and the lighter style plugs as well as built in USB port. The dash has a place to store your phone, Sunglasses, etc. the console is HUGE. And I am so glad because it is a convenient place to store my purse. It is a great car. The only thing I wish it had wa a heated steering wheel which comes on the next level up, limited platinum. I bought it used and really wanted a blizzard white pearl exterior and the ash gray interior and they are harder to come by, especially with lower miles so I conceded and bought this model the third row folds down and allows for plenty of storage. As far as comfort goes, it would not be something I would recommend for long rides for older kids/ adults but i think smaller kids would do fine. When you put that 3rd row up thought there is hardly any space in the cargo area. The second row of mine has captains chairs and those are nice, makes it easier to get to the third row

4.3

Decent car

This SUV is roomy for its size and has sufficient power to drive around comfortably. Needs more USB ports and power outlets specially in the cargo compartment.

Great Commuter and Family Hauler

My wife downsized from 10 years and 242,000 miles in a 02 Sequoia to 15 Highlander. It had big shoes to fill as the Sequoia was one of the best family vehicles we've owned. Hauling the kids around to sports and school functions got expensive in the Sequoia and as it got up there in age we decided to get something smaller and more fuel efficient. The redesigned Highlander was a great answer its a great commuter, family hauler and very comfortable. Plenty cargo room for groceries and shopping with the 3rd seat folded down and when you pick up those extra kids the flexibility to pull up the 3rd seat and accommodate the extras is great. Going on 3 years of ownership and we still love it.

3rd Toyota Highlander purchased

Most dependable, easy to drive, comfortable to ride in, great accessories, good on gas, never any problems, smooth ride, love the color (silver), rides up to view above sedans

4.4

MOST RELIABLE AND GREAT FAMILY CAR

It is very comfortable, it is easy to drive, and has plenty of room, good looking. I would buy this car again, and I highly recommend it to my friends.

3.7

Look Elsewhere

While the '16 Highlander looks great and has the power I'm used to in a Toyota, I'm planning to trade this in as soon as possible. The #1 reason is the seats are extremely uncomfortable which is unacceptable for the price of the vehicle. Next, there's a LOUD wind tunnel noise when the back windows are rolled down, so much so that I can't leave them rolled down if I'm going over 40 mph. Finally, the second row of seats doesn't fold flat, so it's impossible to haul anything that's long and large. My former Sienna minivan allowed me to fold the back seats flat so I could haul just about anything. Not the Highlander. The second row of seats only slides forward slightly and won't fold down flat which is so frustrating. Missing the comfort and trunk space of the Sienna!!!!

Replaced my old Highlander with this one

The vehicle is comfortable and easy to drive long distances. It is well built and resulting in little maintenance. Just replaced the tires after 60,000 miles and even ware.

It's a Toyota Very reliable & exceptional comfort

Everything is great ride, comfort and value. My only slight ding is gas mileage 18-24 MPG It looks good, sits up high and has nice apps and features.

3.9

Some features leave room for desire

GPS system is difficult to use and not reliable. Sun glare during day makes screen near impossible to see. Seat are very uncomfortable for smaller person (my wife is 5' 3" - she doesn't even want to drive the car). Tethoring error constantly for Pandora connection. Good engine response and great radar cruise control.