2018 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2018 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2018 Toyota Highlander

Just bought the car 5 days agie

So far we think the car is absolutely perfect for our needs. And we love everything about it. We have the opportunity to take it on a long drive and it performed well and it also did the same in local driving.

Nice ride and built to last

Purchased an XLE AWD under their Toyota CPO program with the warranty. It's a very comfortable near luxury car-like ride. Although handling is not BMW like, it is much more responsive then the old truck based utes were 20 years back. I had a 2005 Acura MDX and it drives like that SUV did and maybe better as it soaks up ruts better. Tons of room, great towing power, and Toyota reliability. A great value considering how long this should last. Finally, I like the size of it as the new Highlander is even larger so this is a sweet spot size for me. The only thing i do not like is the touch screen is 4-5 inches too away. it makes it hard when driving but the steering wheel controls help.

Owned three Highlanders

The first Highlander had over 170,000 miles when I traded. The second Highlander is now used by our daughter and the latest my wife and I use in retirement.

2.9

SO disappointed

I guess you learn to check EVERYTHING on a car before purchase. I gave up a 2016 Buick Enclave for the 2018 Buick Highlander XLE (which was spoke so highly of) (wrong) DO NOT MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS. These SUV's are not even close to the 2 year older Buick Enclave - worst mistake ever! I have cried daily since I did it. It was something my husband thought would be a better investment on for the future long lasting of the SUV. (because of Toyota's reputation) However, when you don't go over it with a fine tooth comb, you realize just how many features you actually PAY MORE TO NOT GET! I am beyond disappointed! Yes I know it is my own fault for assuming such a highly recommended SUV would come with the features you were so used to having. So I will be trading it as soon as I can, however do to income limits, I am stuck for a while... SOOOO Disappointed!

4.3

Nice car but has lot of butts. Passenger seat

fixed in one hight. Dash controls can't grip. Driving controls hard to see and adjust. Wheels are not repairable and expensive. Driver's sun visor is useless for shorter drivers. Rims are a joke; too wide and short, can't avoid hitting curbs.

Toyota Highlander...Reliable and comfortable

I have always purchased Toyota vehicles for their reliability and great performance. And my Toyota Highlander exemplifies these unique features of Toyota. The only area in which Toyota lags behind other manufacturers is its navigation and sound systems. For me, however, reliability and dependability top technology cosmetics any time.

Very reliable

This car met all my needs. Very comfortable and plenty of room for 8 people. I enjoy driving it. For the size it get great gas mileage.

DO NOT get the LE with the 4 cylinder

The interior design is good, even with the most basic and cheapest highlander LE, there are several usb ports for the front and middle passengers, shelf and storage space, and air vents for all 3 rows. The only problem is the performance. The 4 cylinder might be acceptable if there is only 1 or 2 people with light cargo, but a full car with 7-8 people and cargo is too heavy for the 4 cylinder to handle. Also the engine has an unpleasant drone when requiring acceleration. Cargo space is significantly reduced with the 3rd row up. The difference between the I4 and the V6 is 3-4k more, so if speed and acceleration is necessary, I would pay the extra cash. Other than that, solid car with great value if you go for the 4 cylinder.

Our second one. Love it

We owned a Highlander for 15 years. Just updated. Loved our old car but so impressed by how far they’ve come. Even easier to handle and more roimy

I love my car

My Toyota has beautiful lines, lots of room inside for both passengers and anything I’ve loaded into it. I drive it locally and to other states and it drives smoothly and comfortably.