2018 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2018 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2018 Toyota Highlander

I always buy Toyota

I am an auto technician 42 years last 25 years have owned Toyota used to be a Chevy guy but I work on cars for a living so I buy Toyota because very reliable so

I love this car!

I absolutely love how much space is in this vehicle! I also have been getting great gas mileage. If you’re looking for an SUV with a 3rd row I highly recommend this!

3.9

It is smaller than my trade in car which I like.

The car is smaller than my Yucon Chevy. I think it will be find as soon as I can get use to all the fancy stuff.

4.0

Nav Screen Visibility

Toyota needs to redesign their navigation / display system. The current device is impossible to see in sunlight. Because of this flaw, we always use programs/apps from our cell phone. A better user friendly system could be helpful. I purchased this car new, 2 years ago and still have issues understanding how all the features work.

4.1

Recalls? my 2018 Highlander is leaking oil again!

The car is comfortable and We have trusted Toyota since my husband is currently driving his 3rd Tacoma . Tacoma seems to honor its recalls!

4.3

Reliable

I leased the car for 3 years, 36k miles, 25k miles on a longer trips with the family, where the car shows its biggest advantages- reliable- 0 problems for 3 years, comfort and quiet ride, roomy and comfotarble interior Cons: not a car for city driving, 8-speed transmission is awlful at first 3 gears changing them constantly, making the engine goes in higher rev all of a sudden- very, very annoying! I'm experienced driver but couldn't find a good way to handle this. 2 other things- the exhaust is a terrible designer decission, common for all trims, including such above $50k.. second- the design of the area below the touchscreen- so 1960s...

Great vehicle

This is a very nice vehicle. The ride is excellent and I love the looks inside and out. Looking forward to driving it this winter. Thanks guys

Reliable and Trustworthy

This has been a great car for my family- big enough to go on family vacation but I don't feel like I am driving a bus. I have had no problems at all with it and love the smooth ride. My last Highlander had over 283,000 miles before I traded it in. I am a single mom now and have to downsize my car and budget; otherwise, I would keep this car until I drove the wheels off like the last one.

Highly recommend.

This car is a joy to drive! It is great on gas, handles well and is very versatile for carrying passengers or if you need to make a quick trip to Home Depot to stock up on supplies. It is truly the best in it's class.

2.6

Most unreliabe certified car ever owned.

Own for 3 months. Already had accidents due to sudden acceleration while going 5 mph waiting on a line at amusement park. Stepped on gas pedal to go forward car suddenly accelerated. Unable to stop with brakes. Car was out of control. I slammed into car front of me with small children in back seat causing major damage to back of their car. Luckily children were ok and so were my children in my car. Buyer beware. Also happened to a Lexus we owned also a Toyota car. Toyota needs to address the problem and not blame the driver