2017 Prius Prime

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Excellent Car!!!

by Dalcon95 from Easley SC on April 12, 2017

I love this car and would highly recommend anyone to buy this car! I get 64mpg on only gas. I get 35 miles of electric range. I have driven 4200 miles and only filled up once with 460 miles left on the second tank! I love the advanced trim with the Entune app where you can set your temperature ahead of time before you get to the car, you can manage and monitor your charging status, and compare other Prime Advance drivers to see who is the most efficient. It is a highly efficient and technological!

2017 Prius Prime

by jaxplace8425 from Hellertown PA on April 5, 2017

I love this car. It gives me 26 miles on an electric charge. I can do all my local stuff and I don't run out of charge. I wish it had more electrical miles but it really is great. It has built in safety features and the cruise control is great. There is nothing more irritating when you are in traffic and everybody slows down the radar on the cruise maintains distance between the car in front and reduces the speed. IT'S GREAT! Automatically stops car when someone in front stops.

LOVE CAR

by mbailes from Monroe Township on March 10, 2017

Love the way the car rides, handles. The only problem is the car is very new and nobody even the dealer knows how to program the climate control from your mobile phone. (so you an start the car to either cool/warm it outside. If anyone knows how to do solve the problem please advise.

Great upgrade from 2012

by spconsult from Edison, NJ on July 14, 2017

This is a terrific car. I love the plug in capability and the extra miles you get on electric. The car rides well; it has plenty of pep and an extra power button when you need it (like entering a freeway or climbing hills). It is very comfortable with the adjustable seats. the only drawback is that Toyota engineers over-engineer the dashboard and make it very complicated, when it should be simplified. for example, I cannot switch to bluetooth (or USB) when I am listening to a radio station without going through multiple steps - a no-no when driving.

So Much Fun To Drive.

by PriusPrime from Danbury, CT on April 17, 2017

I've had my Prius Prime for just under one month -- have driven close to 1000 miles, and haven't had to put any gas in it yet (left dealership with a full tank). I love the responsiveness and handling, and I'm slowly learning to utilize all the amazing tech features. I am continually stopped by strangers in parking lots who ask about the car, both for the great style and the plug-in hybrid feature. It's a great car!

Prius prime test drive.

by James from Colorado on August 4, 2017

I currently own a 2009 Prius (which is the most reliable car I've ever owned) and as somone looking to get a new car the new Prius prime has more than peaked my interest. Mostly everything about the car is great! It's definitely a lot more fun to drive than previous Prius models and it also comes with a lot more bells and whistles. However it has a few flaws. As a Prius owner already I expect to have 5 seats not 4. I also expect to have the same amount of cargo space as I already have and not less. It would also be nice to pair apple or android car systems with such an awesomely large screen as the prime has similar to the screen newer Volvos have. All and all I'm waiting to see what a future Prius prime may have to offer, but who knows how long that may take. If only there was a Prius with awd, 5 seats, cargo space, a media platform that paired well with your cell phone, along with air suspension, and 55+ mpgs with an awesome battery to charge. Toyota would probably have the best selling car in America if not the world. Until that's all a reality prime really is a great option despite its pitfalls, especially with the savings from tax credits. It should be a serious consideration if you want a new Prius that feels more premium, and gets insanely great mileage, paired with the Prius brands already infamous reliability.

Best car I've owned

by car fan from new jersey on May 23, 2017

I got the highest advanced trim level and I am happy I did as it has terrific extra features. I live 36 miles from work and it gets there on a single charge, so essentially no gas to get to work. As its uphill coming back I need about 4 miles on gas to make it home. Touch screen and jbl audio are fantastic. Seats are very comfortable. Even the back two seats are really comfortable. Much better than three seater in older model. I've now driven 7000 miles in this car and I can say its the best car I've ever owned or leased.

Feel really safe in it

by LarryS from Southern California on June 25, 2017

With external cameras and radar sensors, we can track what's behind us when backing up, when another car or cars are crossing the back of our car, when we inadvertently cross over a lane marker, when another driver is moving in a 'blind spot', etc. We get 26 miles out a 110-volt overnight charge in the garage and, after 2 1/2 months we're averaging 180 mpg equivalent. Strangely, we have only seen one other Prime since we bought it, which makes us wonder if this is just an experimental car so that Toyota can collect data for future Prime models which will be nothing like the current 2017 version.

Best Decision!

by soy76 from Chino, Ca on May 13, 2017

I was originally set on another hybrid but after speaking to other prius owners, I took a test drive and was sold!! The finish is better and in EV mode the car just glides. The incentives are great and when you factor them into the cost of the car, the value can't be beat!

Glad I Bought It

by PrimeFan from Minneapolis, MN on June 11, 2017

I wanted an electric car which would not put me in panic mode to find a charger. This electric/gas combination is perfect for my lifestyle. Right now I am getting 35 miles with a full charge, and seldom need more. Approaching 2,000 miles and just filled the gas tank the first time this week. (It did come full from the dealer.) I also wanted the safety features of the advanced model. However, the noise level can be somewhat annoying when backing into a tight garage space, but it certainly warns you when you are too close. The parking assist is truly amazing. I also find the headlights are much better than my old Prius. And the ride is very comfortable. My only negatives are ? the navigation is a distant second to what my phone can do, and it takes some effort to get two bicycles in the back. The big question is how the electric will perform in the winter and how will I like connecting/disconnecting the cord when the temp is below zero.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7