2016 Toyota Tacoma consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Tacoma Toyota
Explore the 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Shop the 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Great vehicle from Walser Toyota

We are really excited about this vehicle for our son that is just turning 16 this month. He did the research and we eventually made a purchase through Walser Toyota and their sales rep Richard Eaton. The vehicle has top inspection rating and is in excellent condition. Absolutely drives like an off road should and the safety features are great for peace of mind.

Very reliable car that just keeps going

Even my mom got in my Tacoma and said "wow, for a Truck this drive very smooth." She handles everything I can throw at her.

Best truck ever

Great performance and very easy to keep up with...love it! Easy to clean and easy to learn to use...the color added a great way to make it look great.

I LOVE IT

Got a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. Truck is amazing and met all my needs! JBL sound system is amazing and all the features on the truck are awesome! The only complaint I have about it is the shifting and transmission feel a little wonky, but from what I researched online that can be remedied with a Tune (also get more power and better MPG) or regearing the differential. I just drove this truck when i bought it from the dealership in Evansville, Indiana to Memphis, TN with no problems. I even drove it for 2 of those hours in heavy rain with no issues at all at 70-75 mph.

Great vehicle.

I purchased this because of the size and body style. It runs great and I have had no trouble with it. The dealership has been excellent doing the maintenance (oil changes and check ups) and helping to keep it it great working order.

2.1

Worse Toyota Truck I've Ever Owned; Disappointment

2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road: Worse and maybe the last Toyota I ever buy!! The transmission in this vehicle is the worse shifting transmission I have ever experienced and can never seem to find a gear suitable for driving conditions, eg fwy passing, hills, and shifting to soon vs the engine rpm's resulting in lackluster embarrassing performance; shame on Toyota for a $40 K vehicle, what a joke!!

Toyota trucks are the best

Bought this truck in 2017. Good power. No mechanical issues at all. Toyota trucks are built to last. These trucks hold their value and are very reliable.

Love my Tacoma!

The truck has lived up to all of the reviews!! Clean and efficient style, sturdy construction, and good gas mileage. The ground clearance is awesome!

4.0

Beautiful midsized truck.

Thought Toyota was paramount with reliability. Front transfer case leaks already... I hope to get it repaired and start to see what everyone is talking about with 'trouble free Toyota'.

3.1

high hopes dashed.

windows fog up, headlights are bright but yet very limited in distance and to the side. now I know why I see every one using fog lights also. seats not comfortable on long trips