2016 Toyota Tacoma consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Tacoma Toyota
Explore the 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Shop the 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Best Pickup i ever owned

This is one GREAT truck. I bought it new in August of 2016. Yes I know that the consumer report didn't have a great review on it. But I have owned 6 Toyotas previously and most of them got over 250, 000 miles on them. So I decided to buy the 2016 Toyota Tacoma Sport redesign. As of this writing (5/15/19) I absolutely love this truck. It presently has 31,000 miles on it. I have had zero issues with it. I get great mileage. I get 24.7 miles on the highway and about 20.4 miles per gallon in the city. The engine and transmission have been flawless. My wife loves driving it too. I highly recommend this truck. Also I keep checking KBB periodically and the resale on this truck is very high. So in conclusion don't be afraid to by this truck. Trust me you will be glad you did.....

Owner this is a great truck one owner and low mile

This is a Great Truck for either work or personal, excellent gas mileage and being a Toyota reliable, dependable and long lasting . One owner was purchased new at Desert Toyota in Las Vegas.

4.0

Durable Well-Appointed Truck

If you live up a canyon or off a long dirt road, or need your vehicle to take you on adventures off-road, then take a serious look at the Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. Rugged suspension, added clearance, and superior handling in snow, mud, ice and ruts make this truck a reliable partner for your regular transportation needs.

Beautiful

brand new and custom beauty . pictures say it all . Tacoma trucks never lose value and will drive forever This one rides and drives like a dream

I love my Taco!

This is the second Tacoma I've owned and a Tundra as well. I love Toyota trucks. Always reliable, stylish and functional. This time I opted for a low mileage, certified used, rear wheel drive crew cab. Plenty of power with the V6 and it will easily pull our tear drop trailer. "Taco" came all set up for towing and included a foldable hard toneau cover. I highly recommend the Tacoma to anyone considering a light duty pickup.

Bullet proof

This is my fourth Tacoma and they keep getting better. The overall styling and comfort are superb compared to all other trucks I tested in there class .

2.1

Most underpowered

Has a terrible engine it is weak and Toyota does not offer upgrades the truck sucks I hate to have to put my foot to the floor to go up a hill on freeway

3.0

Underpowered

I owned a 2016 TRD Sport for two years. I wanted to love this truck but it is grossly underpowered. Ended up trading it in for the F150 3.5L V6 Turbo and couldn’t be happier. Toyota is behind the times in engine tech. I can’t imagine how frustrated people are that put on aftermarket tires and lifts. I bet they are getting sub 15mpg and crawling up hills.

Love the blue beast

This Tacoma had a beautiful design, handles great especially in the city. It is very roomy. The seats were set in the original position when I got it which gives it more of a sportscar feel. There is a bolt modification online that makes the seats more level. I used this and it is now perfect.

A nice mid size truck

Out of all the trucks that I have owned this one is the best. It is roomy, reliable and has a nice large truck bed.