2014 Venza

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2014 Venza (reliable, reliable , reliable)

by Mairaj from New Jersey on December 13, 2015

"I have been driving cars for over 30 years and I have yet to see a more reliable crossover. This is my 1st Toyota Crossover, which I purchased in 2014, almost 2 years and I have not experienced a single issue, not even 1. I have the V6 front wheel drive LE, have driven it cross-country. Mostly on paved roads, ;) I have noticed you do not get as fatigued in this car driving long-distances, as you would in a regular SUV, and I have owned many from big ones like hummer H2 to Dodge Durango. While this is not what I would call a true SUV, it has enough ground clearance to do some light off roading... I would recommend this car to anyone who actually wants a comfortable long distance, "reliable" crossover."

The best car I owned so far!

by Car Lover from Medicina Hat, Alberta, Canada on December 10, 2015

I bought my Venza 2014 Limited a year ago, and man the car is really amazing. It's fun to drive with so much power and comfort to give. Merging to the highway is no sweat, just press the gas pedal and presto, you're in. This is my first Toyota car and I would have bought one of these long ago if someone told me how great this car is. There's so much leg room for both driver and passengers (front and back seats), very easy to get in and out and plenty of cargo space. Winter is not a problem even without winter tires. There is only one setback though. The wheels are noisy especially when you hit 110 km at the highway. But all in all I am thrilled and very satisfied with my Venza

Great value and very comfortable

by S from Sacramento, CA on February 8, 2014

I turned in a 2012 Venza for a 2014 and the 2014 has a tighter suspension so you can feel the road. I really feel this is a great value vehicle. The back seat is a roomy as the S500's I have owned and everyone who sits back there likes the reclining rear seats. Very comfortable road trip vehicle.

Reliability, Comfort, Safety and Utility

by Love my Venza in NC from Charlotte, NC on April 15, 2014

I've had my 2009 V-6 Venza for 5 years and 85,000+ miles. It has everything I want in a car - reliability (one minor problem in 5 years), comfort, safety (love the 20-inch tires, especially in wet weather), and utility (I've hauled pine needles to queen headboards with no problems). The storage space is awesome - places for keys, business cards/credit cards, gadgets, books, ipads, and the most convenient iphone holder ever. Easy to reach cup holders in the front for the driver. Love the power lift gate - as I roll my groceries to the car, I hit the button and the lift gate goes up and by the time I get to the car, I just slide my groceries in, because the cargo area is the perfect height for me (I'm 5'1"). Thinking that I might trade before my car gets to 100K, I've begun looking around and reading reviews. This is a hard car to beat. It may not be the best selling, but those who own it, generally love it. I wish it was a little slimmer - sometimes getting into tight parking garage spaces can be a bit tricky, but with future electronics and more cameras, that may be a moot point. All in all, I love my Venza!

It's a real nice automobile

by CoolMF from Kitchener Ontario on October 18, 2014

2014 Limited AWD // When you purchase the Limited it should have the high tech option included and not be an extra cost item. The passenger seat is only a 4 way power seat and this was almost a deal breaker. The tire monitoring does not display on the smart screen. These are con's that I don't like. On the Pro side this is my first Toyota and I do not regret making the purchase. I tried a few of the other manufactures SUV's out but kept coming back to the Venza. The seat height is just perfect for getting in and out of the vehicle and the seats although a little short are very comfortable. Took a trip to Tennessee and up into the Smoky Mountain and it performed flawlessly. The slap stick shift option was also very useful coming down the mountain. The biggest surprise was the output of the V6 engine. There is no problem merging onto the highway in a hurry if you have too. The mileage is acceptable and should get better when it is fully broken in.

Being old enough to purchase exactly what I want

by Working mom's getting things done in style from Salt Lake City, Utah on February 21, 2014

I love driving my new Venza. There are so many fun bells and whistles that every ride is an adventure! I love the colors, the comfort, and the smooth sailing. I'll look down an be going way over the limit without noticing a thing. It is definitely a great way to spoil me this year!!

Excelletn All Around

by Vic-Former RAV4-V6 Owner from Orange County, California on August 27, 2014

We lost our RAV4-V6 in a total smashup. It cannot be replaced New since Toyota ridiculously stopped making the V6 model. They did the same with the Highlander we liked in 2008, increased the size way too much. That's how we got our RAV4-V6. Well the Venza 2014, V6, is even better. The acceleration is almost as good, but everything else is better, EXCEPT the controls for the Air Conditioner/Heater. You simpler dare not change the fan speed while driving. It is too difficult to find the buttons for the speed. They should have made the controls easy to access by feel.

Easy in and out

by Grandma from hendersonville nc on April 8, 2014

Very comfortable. A great car for older adults who don't need a n SUV. You sit high which gives great visability.

Venza for the win!!

by yvonnemcgheek from Chicago on June 15, 2017

My husband didn't want another work truck so we were looking into SUV and wagon type vehicles to haul his work stuff. After trying different crossovers he chose the Venza both for it's comfort, reliability, and design. He can get his tools in with only collapsing one of the back seats and he still has room to carpool with the guys to job sites. Best choice for his needs!

No Maintenance Issues

by JHunt from Mesquite, TX on July 26, 2017

The car has met my needs for a reliable SUV that is very comfortable and quite to drive. I have had no maintenance issues and this Toyota appears to be well-built. The only complaint that I have is that I wish the cargo space at the rear was a little larger.

1 2 3 4 5