2007 Toyota Yaris consumer reviews

Explore the 2007 Toyota Yaris
Shop the 2007 Toyota Yaris
4.1

Economic gas saved

very economic car, excellent, everything works properly, very confortable, for families, perfect for student, a nice car,

This Car Has ALWAYS Been There For Me

I've had this car for 7 years, going on 8, over 100,000 miles, 3 moves to 3 different states, cross-country road trips, countless 5-hr trips to school, never had any problems. Aux port is in kind of a weird spot and there were a few recalls on parts that Toyota took care of. HIGHLY recommended for new drivers and teens!

3.6

Excellent reliability minus looking like a dork.

I love to pull up at the Timmies drive through and say "no" to... "you need a tray?" cause I like saving the environment! As I pull away from the driveway and shout! "Cause I have 7 cup holders!" Really no major repair costs for over 225 000kms going strong. Only one time had firing issue. Only set me back $400. Very little power but beats the Chevrolet Cruze on power and gas mileage. With its 1.6 Litre engine. Can get little more torque feel with a few upgrades. More engine power if you take some weight off. The power? What power? You mean your lawn mower? Good simple engine, car, interior, exterior design without the fancy technology. While maintaining good gas mileage. Mechanics dream car customer! Amazing 5 disk radio player for the 2007's. You can put a few upgrades without hurting the car too much. Handles corners well. Good winter handling but back is extremely light. Easily enters oversteer/ fish tail in winter but can easily be put back into control. Light. I think it is 2400-2600lbs. Minus weight of driver... Skip the OUTRAGES hotel prices cause you can sleep comfortable in the back seats with a little wacky tobaccy!!! but difficult to get wiggy with it. LOL

4.0

Commuter

This is a good car for commuting as far as gas goes but comfort for my model is not so comfy and this car has a recall of some sort every year for the sake I only have had it 3 plus years!! and when it rains it gets a foul odor that you can not get rid of!!

4.3

Great Sub-Compact Car. Extremely Reliable.

I own a red 2007 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan model for little over a month now. The gas mileage is great on both city and on the highway. The vehicle (for a sub-compact car) drives great on the highway. The Yaris has 12-Valve VVT-i engine which thus means a very reliable and long-lasting engine that should stay healthy with basic maintenance (like oil changes, changing the air filter every 12,000 miles, spark plugs, etc.). What stands out about the interior is the amount of space that the 2007 Toyota Yaris has to offer. Back seats are comfortable and spacious. As well, the back seats come with a back-seat splitter as a standard in all Toyota Yaris'. One aspect that is very underrated is the handling and torque of the 2007 Toyota Yaris. For a sub-compact car, the Toyota Yaris drives butter smooth on the road. Even steering left and right is very easy and smooth. Toyota Yaris also has a good amount of torque since the car itself is very light. Therefore, in my opinion, this car is very fun and it is a joy to drive the 2007 Toyota Yaris in my daily commute. My Toyota Yaris has 179,000 miles and counting. And I choose to stay with it for a very long time.

4.1

125,000 miles and counting

Purchased this car new off the lot. Standard except for the added cold weather package which is larger alternator, rear window defrost and larger washer fluid container. Change the oil and filters when the engine light comes on, keep synthetic in it. At 125K miles the exhaust gasket at the front will fall apart. It is a quick easy fix for any mechanic. Look to u-tube for more info. Also look to u-tube to change a headlight bulb, it is easy if you know which body panel pins to remove. Travels very well on the highway, holds its own at 70 mph. Very agile when it is asked to be, I avoided many a fender bender with the quick response. I expect it, like any Toyota, to run me 250K-300K miles. As long as I keep synthetic in it and change those filters.

3.9

Bulletproof

My Wife and I both own a 2007 Yaris. I have the 5-speed manual and she has the automatic. We have 250,000 miles between the two cars and they've basically been trouble-free. Yes, they are based on older technology. It's basic transportation. The seats are decent. Nothing special. Lots of glove compartments. They've never had issues with running. I had a water pump go out @ 30k miles and it was replaced under warranty, but it ran fine even when it had that issue. We're still on the original brakes, clutch, etc. Just do the basic maintenance and they just keep going. Electrically, not even so much as a headlight has gone out. They really are amazing little tanks.

Good Car

I bought this car brand new in 2007. Great on gas mileage. Now up to 117,000 miles still runs good. Hit a deer going 60 mph on highway, just had to replace bumper. Engine and other parts still good. Only problem since I have had it is the rubber part below the window when the window is up is ripping away it start 3 years after I had it. Now the paint job is getting really bad on top of car. And the car isn't really that old yet. Starting to come down the sides. As for room there is a lot. Other than the items I said above a very good car. Wish they had put a better paint job on it.

4.4

GET THE YARIS

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS USE 100% FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL (EITHER MOBIL 1 OR AMSOIL). USE A LITTLE LUCAS OIL IN THE GAS TANK BEFORE A FILL UP. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE ABSOLUTELY TROUBLE FREE DRIVING AT THE LOWEST COST WHILE YOU SAVE FOR YOUR "DREAM CAR". THIS CAR HAS ALWAYS STARTED (IN MIDWEST WINTERS). I HAVE THE 3-DOOR HATCH BACK. IF YOU DROP THE BACK SEAT, YOU HAVE A ROAD TRIP WAITING TO HAPPEN. WE GOT SKIS IN THERE FOR PETE'S SAKE. NO WORRIES ABOUT THE BARE BONES INTERIOR. LESS TO GO WRONG. NO WORRIES ON THE SLOWER ACCELERATION. SAFE DRIVING IS KEY. JUST RELAX. THIS BABY WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO GO. GREAT LITTLE RIDE FOR THE MONEY. NOW I CAN SAVE FOR MY EXPLORER CONVERSION VAN (MY RETIREMENT ROAD DOG). THE TRUE DOWNSIDE IS WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS DIE AND NEED TO BE REPLACED. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE ENTIRE FRONT END OFF TO CHANGE JUST THE HEAD LAMPS!! PAIN IN THE REAR TO PAY ABOUT $100.00 TO REPLACE THE HEADLAMPS. OTHER THAN THAT...THIS IS THE VEHICLE OF CHOICE FOR COMUTERS, COLLEGE KIDS AND BUDGET MINDED BUYERS. I JUST LOVE IT!!

Best Care I ever drove

My current mileage is at 161K and this care still drives like new. Only had to do basic maintenance, like brakes, oil change. Most reliable care ever.