2017 Yaris iA

2017 Toyota Yaris iA

2017 Toyota Yaris iA

4.3

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota Yaris iA?

Hard to beat.

by ALANR from Wooster, Ohio on Sat Nov 12 2016

First, understand this is not a Toyota. This is a Mazda built in Mexico. That's good for pricing, performance and value. I also don't understand it being classified as a sub compact. It's the size of the Honda Civic. Making it a compact. This a far better than good car. I own the six speed manual and everything about the transmission makes it a enjoyable car to drive. Plus, you save $1,100 versus the automatic. Regarding the negatives in the cars.com review. I don't find the grill garish and everyone that has seen the car agrees. I own a stealth, or black one, so the grill is not as evident as it would be in a lighter color but I don't feel that color matters much. The next negative from the car.com review is the touchscreen doesn't work while the car is being driven! Why would you want it to be? It would just add something else to distract the driver. Besides,the touchscreen can be controlled easily from the center console while in motion and you don't have to take your eyes off the road. Dumb criticism. Their next negative is that the car is sluggish on hills. I can only believe that the driver writing this review was either in the automatic or didn't give the car enough RPMs to provide adequate torque when climbing a hill. This is a non problem. The pros of owning this car are far too many to list here but I'll give you a few. Excellent value, great handling, a superior manual transmission, an easy to use information system with a seven inch screen, numerous safety features come installed, expect a five star crash rating, the Scion iA had one, and the Toyota dealer network. That's a few. For the few cons, the digital tach, with its analogue design is small and hard to read. The tach's suggested gear feature has to have been designed for economy not for performance. It has you shifting into 6th gear at 47 MPH! I normally shift gears between 3,200 and 3,500 RPMs and get excellent performance and more than adequate acceleration. This is really a four passenger car. The center rear seat will only be comfortable if your under 6 years old. In summary, having owned numerous BMWs, a jaguar, Lexus and several other cars, the iA would be hard to beat in the $16,000 to $20,000 price range . I am very satisfied with my purchase and am sure I'll be saying that years from now.

Great small car

by imw from Morris, CT on Sat Nov 11 2017

This is my first car, so I researched the top ones and the iA consistently came on top. I wanted good storage, great gas mileage, comfortable ride, and reliability. In comparison to the Honda Fit I test drove, the iA felt more solid on the road and has a much nicer looking interior. The trunk is actually surprisingly large. Checked out the Mazda 3, but it was pricier and not as comfortable. The Kia Soul (+, I think) was really nice inside (more storage, larger), but the gas mileage was significantly lower and the price significantly higher. Although I don't usually carry people in the back seat, it has leg room to make it comfortable for most people. Really happy with the iA.

I love my new Yaris iA

by ElsieO from Longview, Wa on Fri Apr 21 2017

This car looks good while saving me money on gas and is a joy to drive. The Yaris iA has a fun interior that is comfortable and user friendly.

A hopefully reliable car

by LBDriver from San Diego, CA on Sat Jan 27 2018

I formerly owned a 2016 Scion IA and it was totaled. I decided to get a Toyota version this time around. Neither version has disappointed me. The only complaint I have at all is that I wish it had a little more pick up when I hit the gas. It just a little slow to react. Other than that love this car overall.

Fuel efficient and very up to date with technology

by Kducotey from Enid, OK on Tue Oct 31 2017

Love it! Drives smoothe, stereo and navigation is awesome! And I love that I can Bluetooth my phone to the car for music and phone calls!

Just the Right Size

by Jen from Lawrence, Ks on Thu Nov 09 2017

I was looking for a reliable car with a few newer features like the back-up camera and the voice recognized audio system. The price for this car used was unbeatable for a 2017. I cant speak much to it's reliability yet but it is comfortable and I love driving it. My seatbelt does have a tendency to stay slack when I take it off but this might just be a result of the previous owner. Overall I love my new car and recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller but comfortable vehicle.

Great Car except for Paint Failure

by LGBoulder from Boulder, CO on Tue Oct 03 2017

The car performs well and is fun to drive with great gas mileage especially during warm weather. Mileage seems to go down in cooler weather. I've gotten about 50 mpg on regional trips (30 -60 minutes), mostly 30's to low 40's on shorter trips around town. Handling and acceleration are good and the car is certainly adequate in the mountains here in Colorado. The only major problem for me is that the paint on the roof was destroyed down to the metal after some bird droppings were on the roof at for maybe a couple of weeks. I've never seen or even heard of a problem like this before on ANY car. This seems to be isolated to the roof (an area where water did not bead after a storm even when the car was only two months old) and appears to be a factory defect but Toyota has so far refused to acknowledge the problem or repair it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Prettiest

by Gailann from Austin tx on Wed Nov 22 2017

Good. Road noise too loud. Rough ride at times. Hate nitrogen in tires. Blind spot over shoulder. Crumples too easily in minor fenderbenders.

Amazing Car

by Jerhine from Broadway on Sun Jun 10 2018

The YarisIA is a very affordable compact car that allows you to have all the perks of a more expensive vehicle without the price. And not loosing any of the performance or reliability. Great car and I couldn't be happier with it.

We are old this car is perfect for us. Good on gas

by Fabchica from Rocklin, Ca on Wed Dec 27 2017

First of all we have only had this car for less than 2 months. But in those 2months we have gone on a trip and drove around town and it is great on gas. It is rides nice. The only thing I have a problem with the front seats need are rest. But this a great car..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7