2017 Yaris iA

2017 Toyota Yaris iA

2017 Toyota Yaris iA

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota Yaris iA?

Hard to beat.

by ALANR from Wooster, Ohio on Sat Nov 12 2016

First, understand this is not a Toyota. This is a Mazda built in Mexico. That's good for pricing, performance and value. I also don't understand it being classified as a sub compact. It's the size of the Honda Civic. Making it a compact. This a far better than good car. I own the six speed manual and everything about the transmission makes it a enjoyable car to drive. Plus, you save $1,100 versus the automatic. Regarding the negatives in the cars.com review. I don't find the grill garish and everyone that has seen the car agrees. I own a stealth, or black one, so the grill is not as evident as it would be in a lighter color but I don't feel that color matters much. The next negative from the car.com review is the touchscreen doesn't work while the car is being driven! Why would you want it to be? It would just add something else to distract the driver. Besides,the touchscreen can be controlled easily from the center console while in motion and you don't have to take your eyes off the road. Dumb criticism. Their next negative is that the car is sluggish on hills. I can only believe that the driver writing this review was either in the automatic or didn't give the car enough RPMs to provide adequate torque when climbing a hill. This is a non problem. The pros of owning this car are far too many to list here but I'll give you a few. Excellent value, great handling, a superior manual transmission, an easy to use information system with a seven inch screen, numerous safety features come installed, expect a five star crash rating, the Scion iA had one, and the Toyota dealer network. That's a few. For the few cons, the digital tach, with its analogue design is small and hard to read. The tach's suggested gear feature has to have been designed for economy not for performance. It has you shifting into 6th gear at 47 MPH! I normally shift gears between 3,200 and 3,500 RPMs and get excellent performance and more than adequate acceleration. This is really a four passenger car. The center rear seat will only be comfortable if your under 6 years old. In summary, having owned numerous BMWs, a jaguar, Lexus and several other cars, the iA would be hard to beat in the $16,000 to $20,000 price range . I am very satisfied with my purchase and am sure I'll be saying that years from now.

Great small car

by imw from Morris, CT on Sat Nov 11 2017

This is my first car, so I researched the top ones and the iA consistently came on top. I wanted good storage, great gas mileage, comfortable ride, and reliability. In comparison to the Honda Fit I test drove, the iA felt more solid on the road and has a much nicer looking interior. The trunk is actually surprisingly large. Checked out the Mazda 3, but it was pricier and not as comfortable. The Kia Soul (+, I think) was really nice inside (more storage, larger), but the gas mileage was significantly lower and the price significantly higher. Although I don't usually carry people in the back seat, it has leg room to make it comfortable for most people. Really happy with the iA.

I love my new Yaris iA

by ElsieO from Longview, Wa on Fri Apr 21 2017

This car looks good while saving me money on gas and is a joy to drive. The Yaris iA has a fun interior that is comfortable and user friendly.

Good so far

by Renoguy from Reno, NV on Sun Dec 10 2017

I bought this car as a gift for my girlfriend. She’s only had it about a month and so far there have been no issues. The back seat headrests are a little uncomfortable though.

Fuel efficient and very up to date with technology

by Kducotey from Enid, OK on Tue Oct 31 2017

Love it! Drives smoothe, stereo and navigation is awesome! And I love that I can Bluetooth my phone to the car for music and phone calls!

Toyotas are the Best!!!

by Hard Times from Fort Plain, NY on Sun Nov 12 2017

I love the car!!! I would buy another Toyota Yaris iA . Best car for the money !! I chose this vehicle over Honda!

Seat Covers

by Bruisermo from Kalamazoo on Tue May 29 2018

I began leasing my latest Toyota in June of 2017. About two months ago I noticed a small tear in the passenger seat upholstery. Within a week of that I noticed two more, all three going in opposite directions. They looked like little razor slits. I travel alone 99.9% of the time and about the heaviest thing to sit on this seat is my work bag-a canvas satchel. I took it into my dealership where I've purchased or leased my cars for the past 20+ years and they were great about replacing it under my Toyota Care contract. This was no more than two weeks ago. This morning I get into my car, happened to look down and there along the seam of the passenger low and behold, a tear! This new seat cover has been on less than two weeks and already another tear. Granted a new location this time but nonetheless, what the heck is going on? I'm curious to know if any other Yaris iA owners/leasers have had this issue. I live in Michigan where the weather has gone from freezing to inferno like temperatures over the past few weeks but I can't imagine that might have something to do with it.

A hopefully reliable car

by LBDriver from San Diego, CA on Sat Jan 27 2018

I formerly owned a 2016 Scion IA and it was totaled. I decided to get a Toyota version this time around. Neither version has disappointed me. The only complaint I have at all is that I wish it had a little more pick up when I hit the gas. It just a little slow to react. Other than that love this car overall.

Nice one

by Jay from BENTONVILLE AR on Mon Apr 30 2018

This car is economical and safer for commuting in my town. This is awesome car which exceeds my expectations all by means with no road noice.

My first car

by Jada g from Lansing il on Mon Aug 07 2017

I love this car. It is so comfortable for me and my toddler. The Bluetooth is very nice and easy and the mirrors are just perfect.

1 2 3 4 5 6