2018 Atlas

2018 Volkswagen Atlas

#9 Most Popular SUV/Crossover
2018 Volkswagen Atlas

Have You Driven the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas?

Spacious and affordable SUV

by JoeyD from Dallas, TX on Wed Jul 26 2017

Car meets all of my needs and surpasses any competition in terms of best price with options I wanted. I receive compliments all the time and it is a great suv.

So much room!

by Atlas Owner from Orlando Florida on Fri Dec 29 2017

The Atlas R-Line has exceeded my expectations with a pleasant ride and a ton of room to accommodate the family. We have had numerous suv’s from the majority of manufacturers over the years and VW typically offers more safety features for less money. If you purchase an atlas you are going to be happy with the Apple CarPlay and the informant system that is very simple to use compared to others. Gas mileage is average but what you get in return is an abundance of space for you and your family to enjoy and pack what you want and not what will fit when you go on a trip.

Luxury and Size at an Affordable Price

by Lola from Houston, TX on Fri Mar 30 2018

I am so impressed with the size, comfort and styling of the Atlas. I am also equally impressed with all of the safety features in this vehicle. With the Atlas, you get way more for your money than a Suburban or Tahoe.

New Atlas

by BusyMon from WILLARD on Sun Dec 10 2017

Brand new owner. This car has ample leg room and even more room in the back luggage room. I love the way the seats flip up so easily and make it so easily for kids to get to back seat.

Great Minivan Alternative

by BobZ from Providence, RI on Fri Feb 23 2018

This car can swallow up a family with style. It is much better looking than any minivan. It drives well, is roomy and perfect for a family. The third row seat is easy to get to and adults can actually fit. Additionally, there are vents back there so, air conditioning and heat can make it's way to the back of the vehicle.

Comfortable, huge, and beefy.

by PrivateVenue from Payson, UT on Sun Feb 18 2018

I love this SUV! My favorites: the ease of getting in and out of the third row (you people who do carpool will appreciate it). The sound system is breathtaking (literally; when the bass drops I can feel it in my atoms). The sunroof, oh my gosh, after a long, stressful day at work there is nothing like opening the roof and turning up the tunes to blow off some steam. The look is solid, it seems huge but it doesn't turn or handle like a bus. It's a great family vehicle. Absolutely no regrets!

More vehicle than I even expected

by Treeman from Fayetteville Ga on Fri Dec 14 2018

I shopped for several weeks until I found a 7 person SUV that I thought would have great value. After driving it for three months I am still thrilled. SE with Tech gives me more tech than I have been able to process. The apple car play with Waze is a great tool. Comfortable, quiet, extremely roomy and compliments all the time on exterior and interior appearance. Not a self driving car but with driver assist and all the safety features it is the next best thing. Oh and good mileage as well consistent 24-28 overall. easy access to 3rd row seat that actually has room to place your legs and is even comfortable for two adults.

5,000 Miles, One Hiccup; Handles Well

by Teeth R Us from Hermitage, PA on Mon Nov 12 2018

The acceleration complaints are not merited. There is plenty of power if needed, especially in sport mode. I would not drive the vehicle in sport mode in daily driving as the shift points don't favor fuel economy. The only glitch occurred when the Auto Stop failed. The engine would run without stopping. This went on for two weeks. The dealer requested that it should come for an hour or so on the diagnostic machine to determine the problem. But the dealer is one hour away with only limited availability of courtesy vehicles. I did a full reset of the infotainment system. That resolved the problem. The Auto Stop system can be a problem pulling onto a roadway from a side street. Just as you intend to pull out the engine is stopped and takes a moment to restart. That is unnerving. So give yourself a little extra time and distance before you pull out in that scenario. The Auto Stop feature has to turned off manually every time you drive the vehicle...it cannot be permanently disabled. I leave it on for daily driving...you get used to it as it functions seamlessly. It is bigger then you think...barely fits alongside Toyota Sienna in a two car garage. Its a great vehicle in the SEL Premium trim. All the tech and handling you might need. The highway ride is smooth. We'll see what the reliability is as time goes on.

Excellent SUV so far

by JC from Staten Island, NY on Wed Dec 27 2017

I love the Volkswagen Atlas SEL with 4Motion I purchased. Roomy inside and good styles outside. The ride is comfortable and quite enough in my opinion. Purchased it $4,000 off the MSRP, good value for the money.

My Family Loves Our Atlas!

by WestB87 from Huntsville, AL on Wed Apr 18 2018

My family and I love this vehicle. I've owned 2 door sports coupes, full sized family cars, small trucks, large trucks, but never an SUV. This Atlas checks all the boxes for our family. The car seat friendly, sliding second row seats make getting in an out of the third row a breeze. Cargo space is abundant and works well to haul around all of our belongings. We got the SE w/ Tech and 4Motion. I'll agree that the steering does have a bit of a numb response and that the accelerator seems to lack a bit of low end gusto, but I'll caveat that with the fact that we keep the thing in "eco" mode 24/7. In sport mode, the vehicle is highly responsive, but we like to save gas as much as possible. I've actually been able to eek out a shocking 28mpg out of our Atlas on average with our road trip mileage hanging around 30mpg...and that's with the V6 and AWD! I really can't say enough about how much our family loves this vehicle and we are excited to take it on our first REALLY long road trip Memorial Day week, replete with camping and exploring to test out the 4Motion system. If you want a family friendly SUV, you really need to take the Atlas out for a test drive. The engine (VR6) is built in Germany, the 8 speed Aisin transmission is built in Japan, and the rest is built in Chattanooga, TN.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23

Our Take on the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas

The verdict:

With an emphasis on utility, the Atlas is a comfortable SUV with lots of interior room and well-executed high-tech features.

Versus the competition:

For those who often carry people or cargo, the Atlas offers greater interior flexibility and space than the competition.

The newest vehicle from Volkswagen is also its biggest: the aptly named 2018 Atlas. Why does the name fit so well? Because its cavernous interior can carry passengers and cargo better than anything in its class.

The all-new Atlas competes in a crowded segment of three-row SUVs that are a step below full-size, truck-based behemoths like the Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Expedition. Its rivals include the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot and Chevrolet Traverse. Compare the Atlas with those vehicles here.

I tested two versions of the Atlas, both with the optional V-6 engine and all-wheel drive: an SEL (priced at $43,615 including destination charges) and an SEL Premium ($49,415), the Atlas’ top trim... Read More