2018 Volkswagen Atlas

All Reviews

by from Florida on September 30, 2017

After driving a 2007 Cadillac SRX and a 2016 Audi Q5, our original plan was that the next car would be the Audi Q7. However, we stumbled across the VW Atlas reviews in March of 2017 and we decided to wait until July when they were to hit the dealerships and give them a drive. Wow! We am so glad we waited! We got the SEL Premium 4Motion for several thousand less than what the Q5 cost in 2016 and about $35k less than the new Q7 with the same options. The ride is amazing, very comfortable and quiet. Love the Apple CarPlay and all the safety features. The only feature I've not used a lot is the auto park. That's going to take some practice for me to turn loose of the wheel and let this big SUV park itself.

by from SF Bay Area, CA on June 25, 2017

It is perfect for those who are looking for something different from all the Highlanders and Pilots. VW did their research and have a great competitor here. It can be optioned with all the safety features one could want like blind spot monitor, adaptive cruse control and breaking assist. It is one of the only options in the segment that offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. VW used their skills of space maximization learned from the Golf and applied it perfectly here. The only drawbacks we have encountered is that there is no good cup holder for the middle seat in the second row. The engine bay looks to be large enough to fit a V8 or a W8 which would have been a nice option to up the towing capacity to over 5000lbs (since a V6 TDi will probably never be an option in the US again). The VR6 though gets better than it's EPA ratings when traveling at the speed limit but does show that it is tined for economy even in sport mode when trying to accelerate quickly for short freeway merges.

by from Clarksville, TN on November 24, 2017

I purchased the SE w/Tech R Line 4motion about a month ago. I read/watched reviews saying the VR6 was a slug, slow, etc....I have know idea what those folks are talking about, seriously! Is it a 1/4 mile, 0-60 track star? Nope! But who in world buys a 7 passenger SUV with Fast and Furious ambitions?! Could the gas mileage be a little better? Yep, it could, but it’s not too bad in my opinion. It gets up and moves when I need it to, and the ride, in my opinion, is smooth and quiet. I’m very satisfied with my purchase and look forward to driving it everyday.

by from on September 12, 2017

Best car ever driven. Great muscular look. I feel in control! My kids love this car! Amazing 3 row seating has ample space to fit 2 full size adults whivh is key for our family. Best decision ever!!!! Love all the techy features. Slowly learning them!

by on September 15, 2017

Owned 3 Explorers and then 3 MDX's and each time I got the new model it shrunk in size. The Atlas put an end to that with much needed space. I don't need a Tahoe or Armada and this is the perfect size. Ride is great and has all the gadgets you would need. I have the Premium model which still prices out great. I highly recommend it. Oh and it looks really cool too.

by from Dallas, TX on July 26, 2017

Car meets all of my needs and surpasses any competition in terms of best price with options I wanted. I receive compliments all the time and it is a great suv.

by from OKC, ok on December 20, 2017

I just bought the vehicle, However I have driven a d tested every three row crossover on the market. If you are looking for minivan room, awesome warranty, comfortable seats, technology, and a safe vehicle all around, this is the one. The only vehicle that was on par is the Volvo XC90. The other suvs have terrible cargo space behind the third row, lack of legroom or head room in the third row, and terrible center stack layouts and cheap interiors, especially in Toyota.

by from Orlando Florida on December 29, 2017

The Atlas R-Line has exceeded my expectations with a pleasant ride and a ton of room to accommodate the family. We have had numerous suv’s from the majority of manufacturers over the years and VW typically offers more safety features for less money. If you purchase an atlas you are going to be happy with the Apple CarPlay and the informant system that is very simple to use compared to others. Gas mileage is average but what you get in return is an abundance of space for you and your family to enjoy and pack what you want and not what will fit when you go on a trip.

by from Apopka Fl on November 9, 2017

This car (the VW Atlas) has the best options and smoothest ride of all the SUV?s of its class. I would recommend it to anyone- loads of inside space and very easy to maneuver .

by from Spokane on September 27, 2017

Great, was looking for a 7 seater and this vehicle handles great and has plenty of room for the whole family. Love it.

Our Expert Review: 2018 Volkswagen Atlas