2016 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2016 Volkswagen Passat
Shop the 2016 Volkswagen Passat

Car exceeded my expectation

Excellent design and fairly reliable reputation. roomy on the inside. Fairly efficient on gas, unless you push it and the Turbo charge kicks in. Full size the give better chance in case of an accident.

One of the best cars i ever owned

Great legroom in the back seat. German driving experience with precision. Dependable and decent power when needed. Great handling in teh city and freeway. very impressed by the MPG on Freeway. about 35 on drives from California to Washington.

Needs more love!

This car needs some more love! At least where I live, it is rare to see 2016+ versions of these in the San Diego area. FYI, these are some of the cars I’ve been on in the past: 2000 Ford Taurus 2009 Scion tC 2007 Mitsubishi Galant 2007 Toyota Corolla 2016 Chevy Cruze Here’s my breakdown: Comfort: first car ever which I’ve have NOT felt pain in the tail bone! Interior: you either love it or hate it. Personally I love how all the lines seem clean, neat, and tidy. No crazy Lamborghini-wannabe lines darting everywhere. Performance: RELATIVELY speaking from some of the cars I’ve experienced, this car definitely packs a punch. You are not going to be setting Guinness records, but you’ll have enough punch from this little guy. I really love the steering. I started driving a Scion tC, which at the time had a heavy steering feel. When I initially met my car, I definitely noticed how much more lighter it was.... without being too light? Like, there is a feel.... maybe tamed? But in a good way lol hard to describe, but it felt “correct” for the car. I’ve driven a 2016 Nissan Frontier and that steering felt robotic...unnatural. On the Passat, it was light and natural. Value: Definitely biased on this one. I’m loving the car so far. Exterior: Again, subject to interpretation. I love the clean, almost minimalist look it has. Reliability: So far, we shall see. The only thing aside from routine maintenance that has gone bad so far was the master switch that controls all 4 windows.

RIDE SHARE DRIVER

Roomy, stylish, smooth ride. Passengers like it. Quite. Problem with my previous Uber car was too noisy, Nissan Versa. The Passat rides like a luxury car with economy mileage. I get up to 38 on highway and about 33 combined. I have driven many cars over the years. VW Passat and Subaru Outback are the best, in my humble opinion. Most fun to drive is 1987 Mustang 5.0 manual, but not very practical.

One of the Best Cars I’ve owned

The VW Passat I purchased has been highly reliable and excellent on gas mileage. The ride is comfortable especially given all the pot holes at this time of year. Great technology, very happy with the purchase.

Great German engineering....

Had to get a replacement vehicle due to previous one being totaled due to a recent ice storm. Purchased same model Passat only 4 years newer. Like the size, available options and quality. Gas mileage is a plus. Would of liked to get it in a manual transmission...wasn't going to be Signs of the times.

FIRST 🏎WAS MY BEST 🏎 THINK THIS AS UR NEXT 🏎

I joined the navy 2018 and in the summer time I wanted a car so bad that I was going to buy a Chevy Malibu but the dealer told me this this car is has special feel like no other, I requested permission for a test drive...Man!!! Smooth START UPS (every time). The Bluetooth,sound system extravagant. It's an amazing car!! I didn't know it myself but VW'S foreign foreign Germany 🇩🇪 engine!! And it takes off!! Very safe car for a family or college student 👨🏽‍🎓 and of new SAILOR pilot 👩🏽‍✈️

My wife loves this car as do I

We have taken this car to Hatteras Island NC three times and it has been to Orlando, Florida once. Best gas mileage of any car we have ever owned. We bought the car after leasing it for 3 years. Love it.

Classy, refined car and peppy engine.

Comfortable seating and generous legroom and headroom for all. Build quality seems very good and the ride is quiet and smooth. Fabulous highway cruiser returning excellent mileage.

The MOST reliable car I've owned.

I love this vehicle. I own a moving business and travel all over and this vehicle is great on gas mileage. It seats 5 comfortably. The sound system will make you feel like you are at a concert. And the maintenance is only every 10,000 miles or 1 year. Very dependable and stylish all in the same car.