2019 Volkswagen Tiguan consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Tiguan Volkswagen
Explore the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
Shop the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
3.4

This car is the worst Never stopped spending money

Worst car I’ve owned Seriouse cooling problems Oil cooler fail Radiator fail Gearbox seals fail Do not buy one It will ruin your life I basically have been told by dealer to stop spending money on it because it has cheap Component issues

High quality, comfortable family SUV.

I was looking for a decent family SUV with good safety features and a reasonable warranty. I went for 2019 Tiguan SEL-Premium 4-Motion as it had all the features I as looking for including a 7-seat capacity and came at an amazing price together with a 6y/72k warranty. I have been using my Tiguan for the last 8 months and here is my impression. Interior is upscale and very comfortable. I love the Apple integration, it works seamlessly all the time. Head and leg space is more than ample for the driver and the 2nd-row passengers. Audio quality with the Fender system is phenomenal. Road noise is minimal (compared to my previous 2013 Honda CRV). Both the inner city and highway ride is composed, it is really a pleasure to drive. I get any average of in city MPG is around 20-22 mpg and a 28-30 highway mpg. Trunk has a lot of space despite the 3rd row seats. The CarGo Trunk system really helps with groceries. My Tiguan also has 3rd row seats. They are mainly for children but they can sit in it comfortably for short (less than 1 hour trips), especially if you slide the 2nd-row seats forward a little. I have had several trips with my children and their friends, all of which were enjoyable from their end. No one felt cramped. So the 3rd row seats work well, but less so for adults taller than 5 feet. The engine could have been better tuned. The engine noise that I hear when the vehicle is in the first 2 gears is bothering at times, especially if I am not super gentle on the gas. From the 4th gear onwards, no such issues with the engine noise. The noise becomes rattle like only when I press on the gas pedal liberally to accelerated from stand still. When I have such a concern, I switch over to Economy mode where gear shifts occur at low revs and the engine maintains its quiet composure. The engine sounds becomes less apparent when the engine warms up and once you are in gear 4 and upwards. On higher gears, even when you press the gas pedal liberally, you feel the nice torque without the bothering sound. I think the engine noise that one feels around 2200rpm in the first 3 gears could have been better tuned as they are definitely not present in higher gears. And to avoid the rattling noise, you need to be gentle with the gas pedal which interferes with the effective acceleration of the vehicle. You pay a price, either way. Apart from the engine noise issue, I am super happy with the vehicle. It has a nice, solid build, beautiful and classic VW design that should make the vehicle likable for many years to come. This vehicle also has so many additional nice features-LED lights with minimal energy consumption, automatic tailgate, heated front seats and steering wheel, remote engine start (that also starts heating seats if outside temperature is low), panoramic retractable sunroof that provides ample light in, nice central touch screen that integrates my iPhone, USB ports in the front and back. Those features are all handy and make your trips enjoyable and fun, making you forget about the 9.0 s 0-60 and the engine noise at low gears. I also have a peace of mind knowing that my vehicle is covered under a transferrable warranty for the next 5.5 years. The proximity to the car service maybe important as well-that also was a factor in my own decision. Only 9 minutes to service is a plus when you have a lot on your hands. Back in 2019, the alternatives in this segment were the Honda CRV which had been plagues with oil-gas dilution problems as well as a battery drain issue (please see the relevant threads on the web), Toyota RAV4 which also had reported engine and transmission issues as well as a noisy engine and the Subaru Forester. Forester was also a nice car but because of the predicted reliability issues with the new model and the CVT transmission, the VW warranty advantage and the proximity to the service, I elected to go with the Tiguan. If you are rather looking for a performance family SUV that is not too expensive, consider the Mazda CX-9. If you are looking for a spacious 3-row vehicle with a strong engine, Palisade is a great option now. If you are looking for a gas-efficient SUV, I’d suggest the new 2020 Honda CRV Hybrid-it does not have the 1.5 T engine and thus should not be plagued with the oil-gas dilution problems. The luxury segment is a group on its own, so I won’t even go into those. It is amazing to see how much these luxury vehicles depreciate in a couple of years. Overall, happy with my 2019 Tiguan

Nice family car

I looked at a lot of vehicles and am very happy with the decision I made. Love my new car Ancira helped me find what I needed.

We love it!

This 2019 Tiguan SE has so much room, ( both leg room and cargo space), seems very nicely appointed, very comfortable seating. and is a pleasure to drive.

Most capable small SUV

The VW Tiguan has been an incredible car for me, meets all my families needs along with being fuel efficient and great style. I would recommend this small SUV to anyone who asks.

3.7

What warranty

Finding out the warranty is a real 6 year 72,000 bumper to bumper. What is soft warranty. Only reason I bought to try German engineering and now finding out they lure you in and not cover. Sounds like the emissions issue all over. Should have stayed with Toyota.

4.1

Happy with it.

Love the electronic package and panoramic sunroof. The tiptronic transmission is very responsive even on auto setting. A great size SUV for short commutes or longer trips. Overall, a great value for the money.

Great warranty for a very affordable price!

The car meets all the needs for my family of four. It has a great warranty and the gas mileage is an added bonus. Very slick interior design also!

Luxury, beautiful, Volkswagen

I absolutley love my R-Line Tiguan. It has two toned interior and every bell and whistle possible. Also, the Volkswagen company takes care of their drivers. The 3rd row is a bit tight which is why I gave it 4 stars on comfort, but other than that it is perfect. I have two kids in multiple sports. Everything has a place to go with ease. On the road its like driving a sports car. Smooth and agile. The car is very intuitive and it is functional and user friendly. I drove a passat for 3 years and never thought I would want anything else, until the Tiguan. I LOVE IT.

2019 Tiguan SE w/4Motion

We moved from a 2017 Passat SE with Technology with the purchase of the Tiguan SE. While the vehicles are quite different we are very happy after the past few days owning this car.