2019 Volkswagen Tiguan consumer reviews

Explore the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
Shop the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
3.4

Nice SUV with ample space

I wanted a reasonably priced SUV that offered good space, and a German feel. This SUV delivers good handling, and a well laid out interior. It doesn’t feel cheap either. I would like more pick up, but it has a sport mode which can give u what you need when you need it. The fuel economy is less than desirable too. I’ve had a few minor issues, but no more than I’ve had on a Toyota as well.

3.9

Good but watch out for annoying things

2019 VW Tiguan Confortline with 3rd row Good: the interior is very quiet. Good mileage. Spacious. Interior lights work well. Smooth on the road. Great for winter slippery driving conditions. You can squeeze an adult in the 3rd row for a short drive. Bad: engages E brake when you make a quick stop to get the mail. Engine turns off when you're in your turn around trying to maneuver to park. Engine turn off button is in a terrible spot, driver cannot see it. Eco and Normal driving modes are stupid for a car so big and heavy. If you change the drive mode to say, Snow Drive then change back to your custom mode, it actually doesn't go back to the custom mode; the best thing to do is to turn off then turn on vehicle when you're stopped. Front sensor can be activated by sting wind or blowing sand.

Love this car!

Beautiful gray R line, black wheels are wow! Feel very spoiled driving this vehicle! Traded up from a Jetta to this sharp looking Tiguan! Great trade!

great semi-luxury deal on upper trim levels

Driving a 2019 Tiguan SEL Premium for about 5,000 miles (6 months). Impressed with features such as adaptive headlights, digital cockpit, various assist systems, adaptive cruise control, remote start, heated steering, navigation on a great screen, fantastic audio, and many more. German luxury brands offer little if anything more than this VW, although, they do have more powerful engines. And they cost at least 15K more than the Tiguan SEL Premium (I paid about 34 K USD before tax). Don't care much about the unpractical 19 inch wheels on the SEL Premium, or the lane assist which attempted to steer me off the road one time. The front assist/emergency braking kicked in already twice when I was slowish to hit the brakes, that was helpful even though I would have stopped in time. This car (at this trim level) has so many features that it takes some time to figure them all out. There are many youtube videos that explain the how to use various systems. Overall: feels like a luxury vehicle at cruising speeds, but not so during acceleration. Given the extended warranty and price the high trim level is a great deal and I enjoy the modern features. When I researched this car I found reviews that referred to issues with the transmission when starting out fast from 0, and also some issues with rattling of the B-pillar, if I remember correctly. My car has non of these issues, I bought it in 2019 and I guess those issues were already addressed by VW.

2.1

Worst performing car I’ve ever owned

This car has a terrible turbo lag/ throttle lag. Creates a serious safety issue in performance when you are trying to maneuver around traffic or in traffic VW says there is no fix for this condition. They will probably wait till there’s a serious injury and then correct the problem.

2.6

So Disappointed with this Vehicle

Ever since I could drive I wanted a Tiguan. Then finally, was able to purchase one. But from the very beginning- it showed problems. Only 3 years old and it already has problems with the engine. VW has not been helpful whatsoever. I use to be a fan of VW cars- not anymore. I've been reading a lot about the Tiguan and it seems to be me that it was cheaply made and it shows.

Looks stylish, roomy but not too big

Love the styling and attention to detail. Great fuel economy for a vehicle this size, so can be a bit underpowered at times. 3rd row is a bonus!

1.0

Germanjunk

The engine was totaled because a spark plug broke inside the motor voided the warranty dealership is not on the owners side they will come up with any excuse to not help us out!

4.0

Stylish and comfortable

I love all the features. The large touch screen is a big plus. I have the SE model. And the truck space is big. If you keep the car in normal mode, the pick up is a little lagging. But if you switch it to Sport mode it solves that problem. We got the third row of seats. It's good for having to taking extra passengers in a pinch. Not a lot of leg room.

Love it!

This car is Exactly what I wanted. It is so comfortable, easy to drive, and I love all the extra features— especially the great sunroof.