2019 Volvo XC90 consumer reviews

side view of 2019 XC90 Volvo
Explore the 2019 Volvo XC90
Shop the 2019 Volvo XC90
1.6

wish i never bought this car!

BUYERS BEWARE! NEW XC90's have a super high pitched whistle noise coming from driver side mirror. 2 different volvo dealerships have stated "all XC90's make that wind noise, it is a design flaw". Wish I could post the video so you could hear it. VOLVO WILL NOT FIX IT!! was told "most volvo owners don't put their windows down".

Most safe car I’ve ever owned

This vehicle is aesthetically pleasing, reliable and fun! The car has a very luxurious feel to it while also being safe and practical. The car is also spacious and has comfortable seats

Not my first, not my last Volvo

Volvo has come a long way...the exterior and interior meet, and in most cases beat, the competition all at a much better price point. The XC90 with 3rd row seating has plenty of room for all of my dog sport gear. The heating/AC in the cargo area was a must for our dogs when travelling. The whole family enjoys travelling in luxury and comfort.

Our new downsized luxury SUV

We drove a Toyota Sequoia for 17 years before thinking about downsizing. We chose the Volvo XC 90. A sturdy car that is comfortable and reliable. The seats envelope you in comfort. We will enjoy our long trips in comfort, knowing that our family will be safe.

Best car on the road

This is vehicle is stylish, extremely comfortable, a great size to accommodate all my needs, and most importantly extremely safe. With so many people driving distracted today I feel so safe and comfortable in my suv. I love the features on driving long distances and able to be assisted along the drive for a safer ride. I rely on this all the time as I drive a lot of miles.

A little issue with the engine

The car completely disengaged on me at a traffic stop light couple of times now. I took it to the the dealership. They updated the software and assured me that it disengaging completely should not happen again. We shall see.

Beautiful, understated, and reliable

We transitioned from a 10-year old Mercedes GL550 that was starting to bleed me. We scoured the landscape for our next car. Looked at most standard/high-end SUVs including Lexus, the new Palisade, RR Discovery, and VW Atlas. The XC90 wowed us. The most beautiful and tastefully designed interior whereas the others felt and looked plastic. Ample cargo, amazing pano roof, large touch screen size of iPad and very intuitive. I read some complaints that it's too complex. You get over that after 2 days, then you'll love it. Plenty of pep from the turbos. We don't tow so not sure about how well it would with a boat. All in all an amazing car. No issues in the first 7 months (as expected)

2.1

This vehicle is dangerously unreliable.

This vehicle has randomly not started 3 times leaving my family (1 year old and now pregnant wife) dangerously stranded without a vehicle far away from home. When we called for help - The Volvo emergency responders took HOURS to arrive!!! Then the mechanics at Volvo had no idea how to repair the vehicle. And the worse part is NO ONE at Volvo service cared!!! Not one bit. They just said they didn’t know what was wrong with the car - it seems that eventually the car computer resets itself to drive - days later. We drive off but find ourselves stranded with a car that won’t start a few months later. This car is dangerously unreliable!!

Enjoy driving it

Love the creature comforts. Handles well. Feels heavy to the road and finally has the navigation features I like. So glad I purchased it. Been driving for a few weeks now.

Great vehicle!

My two xc90s have been superb vehicles. I thoroughly enjoy the luxury and overall efficiency and reliability of this car. It’s the best ride with all the conveniences one could expect from any vehicle.