2019 Volvo XC90 consumer reviews

$47,700–$50,200 MSRP range
side view of 2019 XC90 Volvo
Explore the 2019 XC90 Volvo
Shop the 2019 XC90 Volvo

So easy and fun to drive

Fun to drive, literally looking for places to drive to now. The technology is amazing, and the connection to my iPhone for items like remote start and remote door lock are so cool.

Exceptional salesperson, Kathleen O'Reilly

I bought at another dealer as it had the ext/int color I wanted. I test drove twice and took a car on an overnight through Kathleen O'Reilly at Scott Volvo in Emmaus, PA. She was excellent and so thorough both of the times I test drove and took the car overnight. If they had the color I wanted, I would have definitely bought from her.

Replaced my 2004 XC90

I loved my first XC90 for 159K miles and look forward to the same with my new one. I was also considering an Audi Q7, but I felt I was getting much more for my money with the Volvo.

Safe&Comfy

This SUV is small enough to feel sporty and big enough to transport teens. I spend a lot of time in the car transporting kids. I love the auto pilot, the comfort, and the style.

Perfect in every way

I have owned 5 SUV's....two Fords and two Chevy's. I chose the Volvo XC 90 for its styling, comfort, safety record and value. Very happy with my decision.

Loving the technology

So I owned an Infiniti QX60 and it was more spacious but they didn't have the technology that I was looking for. I fell in love with the Volvo XC90 at the test drive. It actually has a 3rd row seat that u can use! Not as roomy as the QX60 but drives better and has so much more technology that I was looking for!

Volvo XC90 Top Of The Line Luxury

This is a truly amazing piece of machinery. It is my third Volvo. The more I drive their product, the more I love it. This is not a cookie cutter run of the mil Japanese import. This car is packed with standard features and is truly a work of Art. The styling is more Luxurious than Mercedes and BMW in my humble opinion. The car commands attention and drives like a dream. The Driver Support System is very impressive and the sound system takes me back to my days in High School. It is clear with zero distortion at Maximum Level. It performs very well for a cross-over. The best feature to me is the safety that it brings to my family. Volvo is known for being the leader in safety. Finding a vehicle in this class with an all around five star safety rating sold me on it. The level of Service provided by Volvo Dealers is also second to none.

Love this car! This is our 3rd XC90 Volvo!!

This is our 3rd XC90 Volvo. The first one is a 2006 XC90 with 146,000 miles and we still drive it around town. These cars are so comfortable. We drive anywhere from 300-500 miles per day and in the car for 10-12 hours per day. I don't feel like I have been beat up when I get out of the car. Very comfortable, reliable and great service!!

Volvo is our favorite brand!

We have had 8 Volvo cars because safety is important to us. The electronics are awesome and the new corner headlights make nighttime driving better.

4.3

Practical 3 row luxury mid size family SUV

We purchased this vehicle despite the cons I will mention below because it’s a great car overall - an adult usable 3rd row was our top priority. The QX60 was the only other one where a 6 ft adult can sit back there - the technology / safety features in this car are better than in the Audi and BMW -3 yr maintenance is included like the bmw Cons - the 4 cylinder is underpowered except in dynamic mode and does not provide any fuel economy advantage vs v6 competitors. Why didn’t you just add a V6? - relying on a tablet to control everything is annoying. A few buttons for temperature and air control, heated seats and steering etc would be nice - has Volvo heats of power adjustable tilt and telescopic steering? This is the only luxury vehicle I test drove without it. Even cars at half this price point now have it - when the 3rd row is down, how do you pull it up from behind? Was it too expensive to add something like a strap to pull the seat up from behind? - people who buy 3 row SUVs generally need more storage - whoever designed your microscopic cup holders should be fired.