Auto Universe

4.3

1.0

Bottom line - I had been looking for a particular vehicle...

Bottom line - I had been looking for a particular vehicle in a particular color for 5 months, and Auto Universe on Covington Pike in Memphis had it. The vehicle looked good that evening in the dark, but there were some visible scratches they agreed to buff out. We agreed on a price of 13k, down from 14k. The following morning we found the vehicle needed multiple repairs. Interior parts were broken or missing. Console lid broken, seat bracket broken, radio knobs missing, heated seat inop, headlights oxidized, AND it had a service airbag light. They said their prep guy failed to mention the items broken, (their cars apparently are not serviced by a mechanic) but they said they would "make it right", although they couldn't do all of the repairs at the 13k price, so we're back to 14k. I wanted THIS vehicle, so we agreed on the 14k because fixing it ourselves would likely cost us even more. They don't have a service department, so they tell me they have to job each repair out, so they wanted to get all the parts in first, and do it all at once. It'd take 2-3 days they said. I leave with the vehicle, and in a couple of weeks, they call me to bring it in for repairs. Meanwhile, I'm hearing a noise that sounds like the transmission, so I mention it when I drop it off. A week goes by, I hear nothing, so I call. They'll see what the hold up is, and see if they can accommodate me since I'm having to bum rides or Uber. They never call me back. 2 weeks, still no return call. I call again, same song and dance. 3 weeks, and I speak to the owner...Blah, blah, blah, and I'm still bumming rides. FIVE weeks later, I'm still arguing with them over repairs. They said the airbag was already fixed, it wasn't. They said the vehicle had already been buffed out, it hasn't. They say the transmission is just a sensor. Who knows if that is true. THEN, they wanted to rig up a toggle switch on the side of the passenger seat for the heater, rather than fix the wiring harness correctly that goes to the dash switch because it was going to be too expensive to fix it right. By the way, the correct repair would have only cost $295 more, which we paid out of pocket directly to the repair shop in order for it to be done right, and not have some rigged up wiring void our extended warranty. And because we insisted on the wiring being done correctly, they found the problem with the airbag, and fixed that. Remember the airbag they had already said was fixed?? Otherwise, they'd still have had to pay someone to fix the airbag. We asked them to do the respectable thing, and pay that $295 difference since we saved them from having to still repair the airbag, and to have the vehicle buffed out as agreed in writing. They TEXTED me to bring the vehicle back with the title, and they'd give us our money back. NOW, after its fixed? After we've paid 3 months of auto insurance, and 3 months on an extended warranty? After I've Ubered all over Memphis for 5 weeks because I didnt have a car? This is absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Buyer Beware!!

Caroline was my salesperson and she went above and beyond...

Caroline was my salesperson and she went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service! She was very knowledgeable and helped me set everything up after I had purchased my vehicle.

1.3

Buying a lemon 🍋

Brought a car before I left at closing car started having problems info the management told me he would take car of everything on the dealer. Haha that’s was a joke, talk me to getting this BS WARRANTY WHERE THE RATES SET AT 90 and you have to use there shop another issue. After having my car for month they wanted me to use warranty to fix all the issues. So they wanted me pay another 6500 after I spent 19,500 cashier check crazy and repay sales taxes again. THIS PLACE IS A JOB. I’m still having pushing my issue farther....to top it off some someone stole my work boooths and cable.....SMH

Dealer response

Dear Sir, We are sorry that you feel that you were not treated fairly at our dealership. But the fact remains that we treat our customers like family and we go above and beyond for them to have the Best Car Buying Experience, and we tried our best to satisfy you as well. Here is the timeline of your transaction and the customer service that was provided to you. On Feb. 25th 2019, You purchased 2011 Vehicle from us. The car was sold "AS IS" and you bought "Extended Warranty". A couple weeks later you complained about engine smoke and we offered to get it repaired for you and on the same day you we gave you a "Loaner Vehicle" to ensure that you do not face any trouble with your transportation needs. At your request we also substituted the Loaner Vehicle with 2015 Infiniti and at that time you showed desire to exchange your Vehicle that you had originally purchased from us with this 2015 Infiniti, which would have costed you $5900 (and not $6500) more after discounts and all the taxes and paperwork. But, you insisted on an "Even Swap" which was not possible between a 2011 and 2015 Vehicle. At that time we agreed to "Buy Back" the vehicle from you and refunded you all of your Vehicle's cost plus the Interest for the Bank Loan and also allowed your Brother to keep the Referral Money. After you left the car at the dealership we found your Backpack in the Trunk of the Car and asked you to collect it from us which you did. There were no other belongings of yours in either of the cars that we found. Sir, we did everything within our reach to satisfy you by-Offering to get the car repaired, Providing Loaner Vehicle of your Choice, Agreeing for an exchange, Buying Back the Car, Giving a total refund along with the Bank Interest and Taking care of your personal belongings. We are once again are sorry that our efforts were not enough to satisfy you. We wish you all the best.

Great Dealership

It was a very easy process buying from here. Very friendly staff. Lily the receptionist was very nice, and made us feel welcomed. Peter our salesman was awesome. Very nice and great to talk to.mhe made the buying process easy. Would buy from here again.got a great car at a great price.

Excellent

The reason I gave the dealership excellent customer service because they help caring and willing to do any and everything to make the customer happy

Enjoyable

I had a great experience. Everyone was very nice. I will definitely continue business at Auto Universe It was by far my easiest vehicle purchase

Good experience

Quick test drive. Requested Cosmetic repairs done in timely manner. No hassle sales. Nice but understaffed. Need more people in the lobby to greet customers. Peter was efficient and friendly.

Great customer service. A warm inviting environment

The dealer helped us to get into our vehicle with no problems. He answered any questions we had and paperwork was a breeze. I recommend this dealership to all who are presently looking for a good quality vehicle.

Hassle-free

I had a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend to family and friends. Thanks for a great car-buying experience!

Dealer response

Thank you Sir for your business and a great review. It was an absolute joy and honor to help you find the car of your choice. We are blessed to have customers like you. Enjoy your new ride!

Great experience

Awesome transaction. Saved me lots of money versu doing the deal by myself. Will return next time for sure. Patient folks that care abt their customers

Dealer response

Thank you for the awesome review, ! We work hard to satisfy our customers and meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to have been able to assist you to your satisfaction. Enjoy your new ride!