2018 Equinox

2018 Chevrolet Equinox

#6 Most Popular SUV/Crossover
2018 Chevrolet Equinox

Have You Driven the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox?

A lot better than the 2016 Equinox

by MarvelsChick from Clinton Township MI on Tue Dec 26 2017

This vehicle is awesome! I love how much more leg room there is for taller people. They really took that into consideration even more in the 2018. Don't get me wrong I had plenty of leg room in my 2016 Equinox, but in this 2018 it's so much more room that at 5'10, I actually had to pull the seat up, cause I couldn't reach the pedal. Which never happens. So it's very accommodating for us talls! I love the turbo engine. Oh, my goodness, so much better than the sluggish 2016 four cylinder I had. It's a better drive on the freeway, but you have to be careful, you can easily get to 80 mph at a blink of an eye. I do love that you can now use your phone's GPS through an android app on the touch screen now. That is a great feature. It can be a little annoying at first, only because it will take over your phone's screen, but you can easily opt out of it. It took me a few days to get the hang of it. I like it. The only thing that I don't care for is the interior seats are two toned and of course the dominant color is lighter than I would like. So if you have kids or grandkids, take that into consideration. Thank goodness I don't have my grandkids all the time. I'm not sure yet how it is on gas. Only because it's freezing here in Michigan and with the heat up, I know that can burn gas. So hopefully when winter is over I'll know for sure. I don't think it's terrible, but again at 19 degrees, yeah heat is up... I do have a basic LS, but I love it! It's a great vehicle. It's not too big, and it's not too small. It leaves me with all smiles!

Great car for the money!

by Diane from Toms River, NJ on Thu May 17 2018

My Equinox exceeds my expectations! Ryan and the management team at Lester Glen of Toms River were amazing people to work with! Highly recommend them!!!

Crash review

by Grannyme from Westland, MI on Thu Nov 22 2018

We were rear ended while stopped at a red light by a F450 truck going approximately 45 mph. Although the car will not be driving anywhere as the rear passenger wheel was broken off and rear windows shattered, we walked away! Feeling thankful that GM designed this car to withstand this type of accident.

A Great Value

by Comfortable Car Enthusiast. from Buffalo, NY on Fri May 04 2018

I have found my Equinox to have great comfort, smooth ride and plenty of power. The gas mileage of the 1.5 liter turbo engine was a very pleasant surprise, as well. Getting 37.6 mpg on a trip was delightful.

Great Family Car

by Daniel from Norman, OK on Fri Jun 29 2018

Purchased this vehicle for our growing family. Very spacious, great gas mileage and love the MyLink. Couldn’t be happier with our recent purchase! We’ve been a Chevy family for a while and will continue to be one in the future.

Best car I have ever owned

by MicheleMcHone from Plainfield Indiana on Tue Jul 03 2018

I love the way it drives, the color and all the extras on. I would buy another one just like it. I feel at ease driving it and I was treated very nice by Bill S and Caitlyn.

NO CD PLAYER

by Roderick from LI. NY on Thu Feb 01 2018

No CD player.......a big disappointment! Why did you omit it. A lot of Seniors are not hip to the new electronics. What else do you want me to say, eh?

Cheverolet Equinox

by Rfristo from Des Moines, IA on Mon Aug 13 2018

I love my Equinox. It's exactly what I was looking for. It has a bigger trunk area and still gets great mileage in the city and on the highway. I used the Cars.com site to review what they were selling for within my city and around. I got a great deal and exceeded my own expectations with all the extras.

My 2018 Chevy Equinox

by Sarge from Manteno, Il on Fri Oct 20 2017

I traded my 2013 Equinox in to purchase a new 3018 so I guess you know I had been satisfied with my 2013. The 2018 has many new features I enjoy. However the radio is lacking. My new vehicle was only equipped with an AM/FM radio that I feel lacks the performance I had expected. I live about 50 miles from Chicago and the radio will not pick up most stations. Unless one lives in a large metropolitan area, I do not recommend the standard radio. This is my first vehicle with keyless ignition and it takes some getting used to.

Great Mid-Sized SUV!!

by Pam P. from Boardman, OH on Tue Apr 24 2018

I had moved from an SUV to a passenger car for the past three years and am thrilled to be back in an SUV. The Equinox is comfortable and rides well. It is just big enough and the storage area in the back is perfect!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 66

Our Take on the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox

The verdict:

The new Equinox is less distinctive than its predecessor, which had a certain bigger-is-better appeal among smallish rivals. This one feels more like the rest of them, but it lands there with definite refinement.

Versus the competition:

No longer a plus-sized entrant among compact SUVs, the redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Equinox takes direct aim at popular models from a long list of automakers.

The Chevrolet Equinox comes with front- or all-wheel drive in four trim levels (L, LS, LT and Premier) and three engines: two gasoline and one diesel four-cylinder, all turbocharged. We tested both gasoline engines in several FWD and AWD vehicles — one of them back-to-back against six other SUVs in Cars.com’s 2017 Compact SUV Challenge.

Exterior & Styling

Gone is the old Equinox’s wide-eyed expression and vertical taillights, replaced by thin lights at both ends that evoke the redesigned Chevrolet Malibu and Cruze. The new Equinox profile carries over a lot of elements, including the arched-forward C-pillars, even though it’s nearly 5 inches shorter than before — the product of... Read More