2018 Chevrolet Equinox consumer reviews

Explore the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
Shop the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
3.1

Great until 62,000 miles

I have had this car for 2 years and it worked beautifully until recently. I had an instance where there was an oil "blockage" that spewed oil everywhere. Filled it back up with oil then was told "Equinoxes are notorious for this issue" if you wait too long between oil changes (2 days over is not too long). Then just after another oil change 3 days later my altinator went out. Just after my warranty expired at 62,000 miles. And a week later my car is back in the shop. I stopped at a gas station. Went in. Came back turned my car on and it kept stating "service ECS" and when I would turn it off "put car in park" it was in park because I was on a hill and not rolling. Wouldn't "shift" to anything but neutral. Had to get it towed to the dealership.

Blindspot

Bad blindspot on passenger side looking out windshield. Good on gas. Nice features such as back up camera, heated seats, wifi. Nice storage space. Not good in snow...would get AWD if you live in a state with bad winters.

Unknown scary issues

I love the fuel savings compared to the last vehicle we had. But resently we started having major issues with the mylink Radio suddenly turns on bright while driving and have to place a cloth over it till we can pull over and fix it, had to YouTube fix, door suddenly opens without using key Will have to contact a Chevrolet dealership to see if there's a recall, or look it up Really wanted a Toyota RAV4.

Mostly a great SUV

After I bought used 2018 Equinox I discovered it did not have back up alarm. Hate not having it. Also the back up camera display on dash sometimes cannot see as it has a glare. My 2012 Kia Sorento had back up camera on rear view miirror, like that better. Like electric driver's seat to lower and move back, easier to get out of. Plenty of room although trunk area is smaller than Sorento.

Still deciding

Still deciding. Has a glitchy bluetooth, glitches with the transmission, blew oxygen sensor before 30k miles. Overall, I would recommend this vehicle. I hope that it's glitchey behavior subsidies.

Loving this car

I've hd this car for 2 months and so far I love it. Came out of a Jeep Wrangler and the equinox is such a smooth and comfortable ride. Lots of room inside

Best Car I Have Owned!

This car really has me all of my needs. Besides the spacious cabin, 6 USB ports, and rear storage; my car is loaded with features. My Chevy Equinox has panoramic moon roof, sun roof, turbo engine, OnStar, apple play, blind spot assist and heated seats. It also has the feature of folding down the middle row using a lever from the trunk, which is great because I always hated struggling with to the seatbelt to get the seats to go down.

Safest car!

After totaling a 2011 equinox I knew I wanted another one and the 2018 LT was a great and safe purchase! Was initially unsure of the new body style but it's growing on me!

4.4

This is one of the best cars I ever bought.

This replaced my 2007 Jeep Commander, and it's better in every way. There's plenty of cargo space, comfortable room in the back, good handling and quiet to drive. I got mine with 16k miles on it and it has 52k miles now. I have not had a single issue with it. The only thing I've had to replace is the battery in my key fob.

We love it

This equinox is more comfortable and rides excellent on the road with lots of features much better than the 2010 equinox I used to own