2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

$28,300–$32,600 MSRP range
side view of 2018 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

My favorite vehicle ever!!!!

Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Most all around useful. Crew cab has the seating space I loved in my SUV, all the horse power, so many bells and whistles. All the love.

3.4

Engine Issues, Leaking Roof

Poor overall quality. Allegedly JD Power gives Chevy trucks awards for initial quality, the key word being "initial." Just prior to the 2 year mark the check engine light came on and was attributed to a cylinder misfire. After almost a month of troubleshooting the problem turned out to be the gouged camshaft and a defective lifter. The bad lifter was one used by the Active Fuel Management system. (AFM shuts the engine down from 8 cylinders to 4 during light load conditions). After the engine repairs the roof started leaking during a day of heavy rain. That issue was a bad gasket on the SiriusXM antenna on the roof. The remedy was to replace the antenna and gasket. I have not had any issues for the last month or so but I expect more to come along at any minute. In all the truck was at the dealer for 2 months for the engine camshaft/lifter issue and 1 day for the antenna. On top of it all the catalytic converters had to be replaced after the engine issue was fixed because the mechanics mistakenly ruined them with the solvents/chemicals while flushing the engine. Hindsight is 20/20, should have got the 6.6l Duramax diesel. The newest on looks like a winner.

I love my ‘18 Midnight Z71/LTZ

I absolutely love this truck, it’s everything I’ve been looking for with all the accessories I couldn’t be happier, and the interior and comfort is awesome.

Best truck I have ever owned

Rides like a Cadillac interior beautiful love the new design plenty of room frount and rear 4x4 5.3 eng plenty of power. 21 to 22 mpg I would recommend this truck to any one

4.3

2018 LTZ Z71 Midnight Edition Review

I bought this truck new in June 2018, for 15K off MSRP. I love the looks, the comfort, and the controls in the truck. I did not think much of how it drove on the tires, the transmission felt weak out of the gate, and some of the materials inside the truck felt a little cheap. Overall it is a very comfortable truck and has lots of nice features, I sold if after 33 thousand miles and traded it in on a Lexus as I was looking for a comfortable commuter car.

LOVE IT!

i love my new 2018 Silverado. It was a great replacement for my 2011 Silverado. I was upgrading from a base truck to a crew cab. It is comfort, drives great.

4.3

Nice truck but not great one

I like the ride,space and body look but pickup from 4 cylinder mode to 8 can be slow. As far as price and what you get, is not worth the price tag.

Awesome Experience

Great experience. Simple process. Awesome team. The easiest process I’ve ever had buying a car. The transfer was seamless, financing was excellent, and then the signing was simple.

Best car I ever owned

This truck meet all our needs for the family, excellent interior space, very comfortable and great with the gas. The family is very happy about this car.

4.4

transmisson trouble

Truck is having a shifting problem when excellerating from dead stop it has a spot where the trany has to catch up with the engine,goes in to shop on Wednesday this week.