2016 Ford F-150 consumer reviews

$26,540–$31,485 MSRP range
side view of 2016 F-150 Ford
Explore the 2016 Ford F-150
Shop the 2016 Ford F-150

Excellent purchase - best decision ever

After owning an 07 Ford F-150 XLT which the frame became too rusted to keep on the road, I wanted that exact vehicle, just newer. I found the 2016 F-150 XLT for sale and researched it and purchased it used in 2021. The updates to the model are some good some okay. Style: Good! They gave the body a lot of new edges and curves which make it look awesome! Interior design: Good! They made some of the comforts and functions easier and more "technology" to wow the driver. Function: Aside from FORD getting rid of the AUX port for audio, which FRUSTRATED me for a hot minute and I had to purchase a FM transmitter for $30, it's great! You can lock the tailgate from the remote which I never thought of in the 07. I always used a key on the tailgate to lock it, and only when I had something valuable under the cover. Now I don't even have to think about it. There's a sensor that lets you know when the gate is down. So, now I don't have to stop and double check. Value: I got it used at a dealership locally and it was marked down significantly. It was an import from Canada so the strength of the US dollar Vs Canadian dollar helped keep the cost well below Kelly Bluebook. It was the exact truck that I wanted. I found an 8 Cylinder model without the Eco boost. The break pedal doesn't kill the engine. There are 6 gears now, which the dash shows you which one you're in when driving. The 07 only had like 4 Gears. I think the 6th gear makes for a smoother ride at 70-75 MPH on the highway. It also keeps the RPM's down when accelerating and it must have other benefits. I believe lower RPM's means the engine will be stressed out less and will last longer. I just paid $1400 for an aftermarket undercoating service because the 07 rusted out. I bet that if I had undercoated the 07, it would have outlived me. These trucks are made from TOP quality hearty beefy parts that are made to last. I've only had the 2016 F-150 for a few weeks so far so Reliability is still up in the air, but so far, no issues at all. Some times the back up sensor turns itself off and the "miles" switch to "Km" which is a mild annoyance. The performance: The pick up is there when you need it. The smooth acceleration from a stop is nice. Don't hammer it, rather press firmly and let the truck change gears on it's own. Automatic transmissions are meant to let the inertia of the vehicle get up to proper velocity before changing gears. It's a big heavy truck, not a drag racer. The acceleration reflects its function. It can tow a big boat. It won't compete with a Mustang. The Aluminum panels: Non-Magnetic. Don't bother trying to stick a magnet to it, you'll get nothing. Not that I have a ton of Magnet things. Funeral flags. Company decals, stuff like that. Aluminum still corrodes! Take the same care as steel body panels. They're lighter so you've decreased the weight. But it dents easier. But it also fixes easier too. The Jury is still out on how long they last. So, If you're looking for a truck that will meet all expectations of a truck, give the 16' F-150 xlt a shot. For towing, go 8 cylinders. My Uncle bought a 2016' F-150 with 6 Cylinders and turbo for towing his camper and he said that he has to floor it to get it and the camper up and down the mountain roads. SO heads up on towing. They say yes it can, but what they mean is within weight and grade limits. It's comfortable and smooth. It's quick when you need to zip, and can pull and carry a ton of stuff. Ford makes nice trucks. I highly recommend.

I love the truck!!

Very pretty truck! Clean inside and out. No more rusty truck issues! It has already been off road miles from the gravel. It preformed very well!

Runs great

Love the new vehicle and the setup it came with, strong 5.0 engine in it love it so far. Truck is very comfortable also, feel like I’m sitting in a deluxe chair.

Nice heavy duty truck for our needs

Plenty of leg room front and back. Smooth riding. Love the color. Will have no problems towing the boat and any other towing or hauling.

Great truck with plenty of power and the MPG +

I'm loving it so far. Great power in the 3.5 eco and I'm impressed with the fuel mileage. I'm 6'2 and I have a son that's 6'3. He has plenty of room in the back seat while my seat was all the way back.

Great truck

We bought a great used truck and are very happy with it. I will continue to buy this truck model. Very reliable and easy to maintain.

3.7

Water leakage and mold due to door not closing and

I love my truck but I had to take it in for the 3rd time now due to the door not locking when its cold and it leaking into my truck creating mold. Each time I bring it in they tell me it's an other phase of repair they are doing. I can't even drive the vehicle right now due to mold issues causing respiratory issues.

Wonderful vehicle

Meets all my needs and then some. Has features that make driving and operating the vehicle a great experience. I have great respect for Ford and the vehicles they produce.

Alot of truck for the money!

This truck has met all needs for room, duribility, hauling, milage, and luxury. As soon as we figure why the check engine light keeps coming off and on, Ill be completely satified.

Love this truck

This truck is used for long trips in comfort ,plenty of room, great seats ,great heater and AC ,great gas mileage, and a pleasure to drive ! I also use this truck to service all my rental properties when required ! I am very impressed with power to 3.5 liter eco motor produces , it is awesome to drive !