2017 Pilot

2017 Honda Pilot

2017 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2017 Honda Pilot?

Great SUV and underrated against its competition

by Mvokral from on Tue Mar 28 2017

The Honda Pilot w/ Elite trim has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. Also in this trim line includes 2nd row captians chairs which make the interior feel extra roomy. Unlike other SUVs in this class, the pilot has a spacious third row seat due to its larger size compared to its competitors (i.e. kia sorento, toyota highlander). The cost is higher than competition but I beleive the larger size makes it worthwhile.

Honda Pilot Touring

by Liebel53 from Madison wi on Sun Apr 30 2017

Have 600 miles on it and more than impressed. I always drove Acuras but this time the MDX for $10,000 more, just didnt add up. In fact, the Touring has more features, including fog lights. The pilot is smooth, quiet, fast, and the 9 speed tranny works perfectly. Excellent sound system. This will be my hunting vehicle and i expect the awd will,get me everywhere i want to go.. iadded lightwd running boards, a towing package and mud flaps and saved $9000 over an MDX

Great SUV!

by Pat from Eau Claire, WI on Sun Apr 09 2017

Nothing but positives to say about this vehicle! Redesigned the outside so not as boxy looking as previous years. Drives like a charm. Interior dashboard well designed and easy to use. Great visibility with lots of windows. Lots of storage plus third row seating.

Good Quality

by kaihoff from Johnstown,PA on Mon Mar 13 2017

The quality of the Honda is so much better than the Ford Explorer I had previously! It will also tow 6.000 lbs and that was important to me! The fuel economy is good and it has good power!

Great car!

by WillieL from on Thu Apr 20 2017

Like everything about the car, in particularly the safety features. I do not like the engine shut off for stops. Fortunately I have trained myself to disable that when I start the car.

Love this car!

by Bree from Twentynine palms, ca on Wed Apr 12 2017

We bought a new 2017 Honda Pilot for our newly expanded family. Fitting 3 kids in the back of a Nissan Sentra was not cutting it. I knew I wanted an SUV and had picked out 3 to test drive. Everybody kept telling me to check Honda and how great their cars are. The more I researched, the more I knew I would love the Pilot. When we went to see it in person I knew I was going to be driving this car. It has plenty of room for the kids. It's really high tech and very comfortable. The back up camera and blind spot camera are very convenient, especially while on the freeway when I can't get a good view. My kids think it's so cool to be in the back seat and are happy to have multiple cup holders and their own a/c vents. I love having all of the buttons on my steering wheel so I can focus on driving but can still easily make a call or change the radio station safely. I do not regret not seeing the other cars. Honda is top notch! We will be coming back for a civic or accord for my husband in the near future.

Disappointed in Honda

by Former Honda Fan from Minneapolis, MN on Sat Apr 06 2019

I was so excited to finally get my first new vehicle. I have always bought Hondas, though used. The 2017 Honda Pilot was my first new one. What a disappointment! First, after only about 2 months, I could barely push the brake down hard enough—it was actually difficult to do. So had to bring it in to be fixed. Then, a few months later, the cabin starts intermittently smelling like gasoline—a pungent odor enough to make me nauseous. Again, brought it in, and Honda says “Oh, it’s just because of the type of gas we use in this climate in the winter”—they did nothing. That nauseating smell makes my garage smell like gas for days every few weeks. Plus it’s no fun driving around inhaling what feels like pungent gas fumes! Then, my hazards come on by themselves intermittently for no reason whatsoever if you put your hand anywhere near the touchscreen. So until I notice it, I’m driving with my hazards on! Then, there is a short in the wiring causing my programmable garage door button not to work. All within 2 years for a brand new vehicle. I got rid of it. So disappointing. The only positive was that I liked the new body styling compared to that ugly rectangle on wheels of the years prior!

Honda Lover

by Familyof5 from Jonesboro, GA on Sat Jun 17 2017

Just bought a 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L. This is my 1st new car and I love it. It handles great, good on gas with plenty of room for my family of 5. Even though it's smaller than our Chrysler SUV, it seems to have more room. We also have a 2010 Accord that gives us no problems. The new Pilots are a bit pricey but you're paying for reliability. Can't go wrong with a Honda!

Many visits to repair shop

by Larry from null on Fri Sep 11 2020

i own a 2017 pilot with 55k on it. already had to replace transmission at 30k (covered by warranty but took a week) and at 55k had to replace fuel injection system out of pocket $1200. This second problem is extremely common in pilots. you will find it on forums and reviews. Honda knows about it, they used to partially cover the repair, they dont anymore, but havent solved it. This is definitely not a common problem with competitor brands. Furthermore, with other brands the power warranty covers the fuel injection system, not with honda. I bought this car over others cause it fits eight people. Had i known about mechanical issues and the fact that Honda does not respond, i would not have bought it. Neither should you.

Most reliable SUV

by Kim Nguyen from Lebanon, PA 17042 on Wed Dec 12 2018

This SUV Honda Pilot EX-L, met all of my needs for family of 8 peoples. Roomy, in the front, and back, with all top of the line equipment. The ride is very smooth, and safe, comparing to other SUV.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28

Our Take on the 2017 Honda Pilot

The verdict:

The 2016 Honda Pilot has climbed to the top of the three-row SUV class, delivering all the room, comfort, safety features and versatility that make the potholed roads of parenting just a tiny bit smoother.

Versus the competition:

Major players in the segment include the Chevrolet Traverse, Toyota Highlander and Hyundai Santa Fe. Compare them here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in May 2015 about the 2016 Pilot. For 2017, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity are now standard on all trim levels except the base LX. Little else of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the 2016 and 2017 model years.

Most seasoned parents keep an arsenal of secret weapons on hand, ready to spring into action when the wheels start to fall off the family sanity bus — from an emergency snack bag for a meltdown-free car ride to a secret stash of can’t-sleep-without-it blankie replacements. The Honda Pilot should be added to that stockpile.

... Read More