NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Pilot

2017 Honda Pilot

2017 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2017 Honda Pilot?

Great SUV and underrated against its competition

by Mvokral from on Tue Mar 28 2017

The Honda Pilot w/ Elite trim has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. Also in this trim line includes 2nd row captians chairs which make the interior feel extra roomy. Unlike other SUVs in this class, the pilot has a spacious third row seat due to its larger size compared to its competitors (i.e. kia sorento, toyota highlander). The cost is higher than competition but I beleive the larger size makes it worthwhile.

Honda Pilot Touring

by Liebel53 from Madison wi on Sun Apr 30 2017

Have 600 miles on it and more than impressed. I always drove Acuras but this time the MDX for $10,000 more, just didnt add up. In fact, the Touring has more features, including fog lights. The pilot is smooth, quiet, fast, and the 9 speed tranny works perfectly. Excellent sound system. This will be my hunting vehicle and i expect the awd will,get me everywhere i want to go.. iadded lightwd running boards, a towing package and mud flaps and saved $9000 over an MDX

Great SUV!

by Pat from Eau Claire, WI on Sun Apr 09 2017

Nothing but positives to say about this vehicle! Redesigned the outside so not as boxy looking as previous years. Drives like a charm. Interior dashboard well designed and easy to use. Great visibility with lots of windows. Lots of storage plus third row seating.

Good Quality

by kaihoff from Johnstown,PA on Mon Mar 13 2017

The quality of the Honda is so much better than the Ford Explorer I had previously! It will also tow 6.000 lbs and that was important to me! The fuel economy is good and it has good power!

Great car!

by WillieL from on Thu Apr 20 2017

Like everything about the car, in particularly the safety features. I do not like the engine shut off for stops. Fortunately I have trained myself to disable that when I start the car.

Great SUV

by Bob's pilot from Merritt island.fl on Sun Apr 30 2017

The pilot is a great vehicle handles well, rides well, and overall appearance is very good. The only change I would make would be a larger driver side armrest on the right side.

out of 5 starsComfort
out of 5 starsPerformance

Love this car!

by Bree from Twentynine palms, ca on Wed Apr 12 2017

We bought a new 2017 Honda Pilot for our newly expanded family. Fitting 3 kids in the back of a Nissan Sentra was not cutting it. I knew I wanted an SUV and had picked out 3 to test drive. Everybody kept telling me to check Honda and how great their cars are. The more I researched, the more I knew I would love the Pilot. When we went to see it in person I knew I was going to be driving this car. It has plenty of room for the kids. It's really high tech and very comfortable. The back up camera and blind spot camera are very convenient, especially while on the freeway when I can't get a good view. My kids think it's so cool to be in the back seat and are happy to have multiple cup holders and their own a/c vents. I love having all of the buttons on my steering wheel so I can focus on driving but can still easily make a call or change the radio station safely. I do not regret not seeing the other cars. Honda is top notch! We will be coming back for a civic or accord for my husband in the near future.

Honda Lover

by Familyof5 from Jonesboro, GA on Sat Jun 17 2017

Just bought a 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L. This is my 1st new car and I love it. It handles great, good on gas with plenty of room for my family of 5. Even though it's smaller than our Chrysler SUV, it seems to have more room. We also have a 2010 Accord that gives us no problems. The new Pilots are a bit pricey but you're paying for reliability. Can't go wrong with a Honda!

Honda Pilot Nightmare

by Frustrated Consumer from Post Falls, Idaho on Sat Sep 15 2018

We purchased a 2017 Honda Pilot in December 2016 with the hope of buying a nice, reliable vehicle based on Honda's reputation. This SUV has been a nightmare. We started having service issues at approximately 10,000 miles which included the back up camera not working, the navigation system failing, a rear window leak that required multiple visits to the dealership, traction control issues, and the most significant issue was the "Emissions System Problem". The emission issue resulted in numerous visits for repairs (sometimes reported as an oil change) when we brought the vehicle in and they would perform the regular maintenance in conjunction with the warranty work. After several visits associated with the emission issue, they replaced the catalytic converter and two gaskets, which did not resolve the issue. If the vehicle had not been under warranty this would have cost us approximately $800 to repair. About a week later the light was back on and they determined not all of the cylinders were properly functioning (keep in mind this has been a long running issue). At that time they replaced the injector set as well as some cylinders, which if not under warranty this would have totaled just over $2,000. As a working mom with three kids to drive to/from school and activities dealing with these issues has been a significant burden on our family. Our vehicle currently has about 30,000 miles and is still under warranty, but we are beyond concerned about the warranty expiring. We consulted legal counsel under the lemon law and also met with the General Manager Ken Snyder as CDA Honda is a local company and our preference is to get the reliable vehicle we thought we were purchasing. In our conversation he spoke highly of what Honda does to take care of their customers and really supports the local dealerships. Ken asked if "swapping out" the vehicle would work for us (that was my request under the lemon law); however, what he really meant was trade it in as we found out in the process when his staff sprang to life with the excitement of selling a new car. After all of the transportation hardships we have dealt with for the past year and a half, the thought of paying more money (for a vehicle that might function better) just seemed completely unreasonable. We received a letter from CDA Honda approximately a month ago indicating Honda was reviewing our case and have had zero follow up from Ken Snyder or anyone else at CDA Honda. When I inquired on the status I was informed it was with Honda and out of their control. The finger pointing began and it is particularly frustrating as a consumer when we are struck with a product that is not reliable. During the purchasing process we could have saved money by going to a larger dealership or purchasing one from Boise/Seattle, but we always want to support local businesses and keep money in our local economy (cash purchase). While everyone in the service department has been friendly, there has been no effort to proactively resolve this issue and we feel that it would be absolutely unconscionable to sell this vehicle (as a private party). Historically we have purchased new vehicles and have drove them for years. We currently have a Toyota with 130,000 miles that we use for family trips since our Honda Pilot with 30,000 hasn't been reliable and we are uncomfortable driving it too far from home.

A big disappointment

by Jeff on Tue Feb 20 2018

The 2017 Touring is our 2nd Pilot and has been a big disappointment. The underpowered engine has a tough time accelerating into traffic and the 9-speed transmission hard-shifts instead of a smooth and seamless shift, jerking passengers in the car around. There is an embarrassing and annoying rattle in the left front that the dealership can’t seem to figure out and another one coming from the steering. I feel like an idiot having paid what I did for this tin can of a car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26