2017 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2017 Honda Pilot

New to us.

Really like the Honda Pilot Elite. This thing is loaded. No issues so far. Have only had it a couple days. But we love all of the features. Very comfortable and quiet. Looks good too.

Best SUV I've owned!

The Honda Pilot All Wheel Drive Elite has surpassed my expectations. The gas pedal is VERY responsive, although a BMW v8 can beat it (slightly) you will feel the power behind this beast of an SUV. The torque is amazing. The styling is awesome inside with the leather seats, moon and sun roof, rear controls for the AC and radio..., 110V plug behind the front console, subwoofers on each row, tweeters in the front and back, center speaker and there's just too much to tell, automatic everythin... the only thing I did not have that could've made it stand out was folding mirrors and side cameras but that comes on probably the Limited Silver edition or something...who's complaining! I love this vehicle, the kids were love at first site and it's really the all around, all around SUV and for a responsive engine, very good gas mileage! It only seats 7 but the first two rows are super comfortable, third row is a little tight but seats down and you have gobs of storage space. Nicest SUV I've ever owned.

Love my Pilot

dependable...smooth ride. Drove it to Texas and back and enjoyed every minute. loved the hands free feature and the cruise control was perfect on those long stretches of highway.

4.3

comfortable but transmission is jerky

I've owned this car for about a month . The ride is comfortable but the transmission is clunky . At @ 22 mph the shifts feel like you hit the brakes , it is even worse in ECON mode . My 2004 Pilot had a transmission that shifted seamlessly . The service department told me this is normal . I don't know if I'll keep it very long .

Great Family Car - Safe and Reiable

Can't beat a Honda Pilot combing safety, reliability with a good looking and very family functional vehicle. Add tow hitch for bike rack and the kids love the DVD entertainment system.

A Very well made vehicle

This is a great car. The safety features are excellent, the engine has plenty of power and my overall mileage after 18 months of ownership is 24 mpg combined. This is excellent for a vehicle this size. Plenty of room to transport the grand babies.

Great Car

This is my first new car and the quality is very good. I like it a lot and it never broke. One of the best brands.

Large and In Charge

We got a Pilot Elite after riding in a friends..We had a Lexus RX and wanted more space, but did not want to fork over an extra 35k to get the comparable Lexus or Acura. The Pilot has a masculine stance and has all the features that we could want for...the panoramic roofs , DVD player heated and cooled seats...even heated back captains chairs..the extra row. Large enough but not a monster. I have really been pleased...The only negatives are the radio is a little clunky with no dials. And the plastic on the interior is a little over powering at times and cheapen the otherwise lux feel of the truck. I have been really pleased.

Amazing find!

I was able to find our family car through cars.com. It’s a great tool to use to find your ideal car. They help you custom your car down to price , style and model.

3.7

Disappointed in Honda

I was so excited to finally get my first new vehicle. I have always bought Hondas, though used. The 2017 Honda Pilot was my first new one. What a disappointment! First, after only about 2 months, I could barely push the brake down hard enough—it was actually difficult to do. So had to bring it in to be fixed. Then, a few months later, the cabin starts intermittently smelling like gasoline—a pungent odor enough to make me nauseous. Again, brought it in, and Honda says “Oh, it’s just because of the type of gas we use in this climate in the winter”—they did nothing. That nauseating smell makes my garage smell like gas for days every few weeks. Plus it’s no fun driving around inhaling what feels like pungent gas fumes! Then, my hazards come on by themselves intermittently for no reason whatsoever if you put your hand anywhere near the touchscreen. So until I notice it, I’m driving with my hazards on! Then, there is a short in the wiring causing my programmable garage door button not to work. All within 2 years for a brand new vehicle. I got rid of it. So disappointing. The only positive was that I liked the new body styling compared to that ugly rectangle on wheels of the years prior!