2017 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2017 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2017 Honda Pilot

Love my Pilot

Lots of room, perfect for getting supplies from the Hard ware store. Comfortable and has been great so far! I would recommend l to friends and family.

2.4

I will never buy another honda

Good price, looks nice and comfortable. Drove about 40000 miles and started hesitating on acceleration and emission warning came on. Turns out to be common injector problem with Pilots. Who could believe that it is not covered under warranty. $1300 fix. Best part is that it comes back every 30000 miles or so from what I've learned. I have owned other New vehicles that had issues that I created that the dealer repaired under warranty anyway. I won't buy another Honda based on their trash customer service.

Apple car play

The connection between my iPhone and Apple car play is inconsistent. Sometimes it connects and other times I need a tech wizard to make it work. Never had this problem with previous Hyundai car.

Best 3 row vehicle with great gas mileage.

3 rows with plenty of room. Nice Black leather seats. Great Gas mileage. Eco mode for extra gas saving. Tinted windows and cargo cover was added.

2.4

Many visits to repair shop

i own a 2017 pilot with 55k on it. already had to replace transmission at 30k (covered by warranty but took a week) and at 55k had to replace fuel injection system out of pocket $1200. This second problem is extremely common in pilots. you will find it on forums and reviews. Honda knows about it, they used to partially cover the repair, they dont anymore, but havent solved it. This is definitely not a common problem with competitor brands. Furthermore, with other brands the power warranty covers the fuel injection system, not with honda. I bought this car over others cause it fits eight people. Had i known about mechanical issues and the fact that Honda does not respond, i would not have bought it. Neither should you.

3.4

Great reliability, horrible comfort.

This car has been very reliable, but comfort and interior quality is just not present. Over small pot holes it handles horrible, loud road noise on smooth pavement. Just an awful suspension set up. And interior has poor fit and finish.

4.4

Not sure how to feel about the vehicle yet

It seems like a fantastic vehicle but I had a transmission issue right off the bat, which is not good. More reflective of the dealership I believe, but overall, it's an awesome car. I wish that some of the features were a tad better like the cooled seats only stay near your bottom, but it still is a nice touch. Lots of cool stuff in this vehicle and it's great for a family.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

This car has been amazing. It has PLENTY of space needed for families. This has been the best car to my family and I. I do wish they made a hybrid pilot though.

We reviewed that it’s safe and reliable

It was very well maintained for a used one, it ride very smooth, with the touring package that’s a plus for our family, keysless entry starts the car inside the house, kids absolutely loved the DVD player, and it’s very roomy for my boys, I really like the towing for our future vacation, we pray that it’ll be soon ends covid19. We love it!!!

Excellent "Mom" car!

This car is not only practical with the 3 rows of seating but it is SUPER luxurious and is a great alternative to a minivan. It drives like a dream and I absolutely love Hondas.