2011 Jaguar XF Reviews
The XF comes in Luxury and Premium Luxury trim levels, as well as the XF Portfolio, an ultraluxury version. There's also a high-performance XFR version. Competing models in size and/or price include the Audi A6, BMW 5 Series, Cadillac STS, Lexus GS and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. The XFR squares off against the souped-up versions of those cars, such as the S6, M5 and STS-V.
New for 2011
There are no significant changes.
Distinctive characteristics include a sculpted hood and prominent aluminum trim surrounding the side windows. The XF has front fender vents similar to the XK's. Around back are high-mounted LED taillights that emulate an Aston Martin.
Exterior features include:
- Standard steel/alloy body material
- Standard trunklid spoiler and side sill extensions (XFR)
- Standard four tailpipes, special 20-inch wheels and a more aggressive front end with large chrome-rimmed lower-bumper vents (XFR)
- Standard cooling vents in the hood (XFR)
The interior combines traditional cues with contemporary touches, like a rotary knob in the center console that serves as a gear selector. With its continued dedication to ease of use, Jaguar does not use this knob as a multifunction controller like the German and some Japanese automakers do. Like the XK, the XF's in-dash LCD is a touch-screen.
When the engine is started, the JaguarDrive Selector knob rises out of the console, and closed air-conditioning vents rotate to the open position. The XF also uses proximity sensors in place of switches or handles for the reading lights and glove compartment lid — a wave of the hand does the trick.
The Portfolio trim level features contrast leather-trim stitching, a suedelike cloth headliner, unique trim pieces and deep-pile floormats with contrasting trim and embroidered logos.
Interior features include:
- Standard sunroof
- Standard heated seats
- Standard aluminum and real wood trim
- Optional upgraded audio system
- Ivory or charcoal soft-grain leather standard in XFR
- XFR models get dark oak and darker, mesh pattern aluminum trim
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- Standard 385-horsepower, 5.0-liter V-8 engine
- Optional 470-hp, supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 engine (Supercharged models)
- Optional 510-hp, supercharged, 5.0-liter V-8 (XFR)
- Rear-wheel drive
- Six-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles on the steering wheel
- Faster steering ratio and larger brakes on XFR models
Safety features include:
- Standard dual-stage front airbags, front-seat side-impact airbags and curtain airbags for front and rear side-impact protection
- Standard active head restraints
- Standard electronic stability system
- Optional adaptive cruise control