2014 Subaru Forester consumer reviews

$27,995 starting MSRP
Photo not available
Explore the 2014 Subaru Forester
Shop the 2014 Subaru Forester

Great Car But My Wife Fell Out Of Love With It!

This is a really nice SUV with adequate power, it's great on highway and city streets. Simple and reliable. It's been well maintained and all service was done at a Subaru dealer. Immaculate inside and out.

Great for those who love the outdoors

I love my Forester because it is perfect for all my outdoor adventures. I can taxi my four kids and pets around town or stow my kayak for a trip down the river. The giant sunroof makes it feel a little like a convertible!

Perfect car for dog owners

Plenty of room, easy to get in and out of. Great gas mileage, and covers all kinds of terrain with ease. Automatic lift gate is very handy when you have dogs. Easy to park, great visibility.

Safest vehicle ever

This car is the safest most reliable car I've owned was in a collision with a deer that totalled my car and the impact deployed the air bags which surrounded myself and girlfriend from all angles so much that we did not even move upon impact. I have never felt so safe which is why we purchased the same exact car to replace it

1.0

Known Transmission Problems

Subaru offers a 100,000 warranty on these cars, knowing the transmission will go out around then. Ours went bad at 108,000 and they offered us nothing. Now stuck with a broke down car and needs a $9000 new transmission. Shame on you Subaru for even releasing these cars!! Wife & I we’re both avid Subaru drivers and supporters... after this experience, will NEVER buy or recommend Subaru to anyone!!

Best car I have owned

This car is everything I have wanted and been waiting for I have the xt edition and I love it the turbo is hreatbthebride is awesome and love the sport tuned suspension the only reason I gave a 4 star for exterior styling is they got rid of the hood scoop and I like the scoop on the xt forestor.

3.6

Oil guzzler

This car uses a quart of oil for every 1000 driven miles. Electric windows are always malfunctioning. Love the huge sunroof and mileage is good.

Love this car! especially MPG!

Makes me feel I'm riding in a luxury car!. Very well appointed. (Only disappointment is the tachometer on the dashboard. A temperature gauge would be much more useful on a modern automatic.

Fun, comfy, safe, and great power.

This car met all of my needs. Great headroom, excellent engine and a sharp body. Beautiful interior, all the seats and dash board are like new.

The car of the PNW for a reason

Solid and reliable car. You can take this car anywhere, whether up to the mountains or off the beaten path. Its comfortable and named CCR small SUV champion. It succeeds by focusing on the fundamentals with a space-efficient design, large windows, and big square doors. The result is the easiest access and the best view out of almost any vehicle tested. It also has one of the roomiest rear seats with copious amounts of head and leg room. It adapts various fuel-efficient technologies, including replacing the antiquated four-speed automatic transmission with a new continuously variable transmission (CVT), the Forester delivers quicker acceleration, as well as a class-leading 26 mpg overall and 35 mpg on the highway in our tests making it a solid adventure SUV or commuter.