2014 Subaru Forester consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Subaru Forester
Shop the 2014 Subaru Forester
4.1

very comfortable

Bradley D. Meredi in Brunswick has provided service for my car twice. First putting my car to an oil consumption test because the other dealer in Bedford did not do what they were supposed to do. Second, I took my car for a rough sound when driving and they took care of it. They did it at no cost because my car was still under warranty. Thanks Bradley for your service, patience and being a good listener.

4.4

Turbocharged 2.0L way faster than you think

2.0L borrowed from the WRX gives this a nice punch in stop and go traffic and passing on the highway. Great visibility and lots of room.

First brand new and second Forester I?ve owned

This vehicle is more comfortable, bigger, more fuel efficient, chock full of technology and still cool looking, with cargo space galore and even better off-road capability than my 2003. That gem reached 250k miles before some lust filled idiot in an explorer totaled his car into a Dodge charger(totaled) which then hit my parked car across the street into a brand new MDX (totaled). I got into my Subaru started it backed it out of the MDX and drove it home where it still drives 5 months later. I figured it?s time to get a new one. My only 2 problems are that the back fender is always in the rear view mirror. It?s kinda annoying especially at night (probably because of my so-so vision). It also has been softened up for the mass market. The older GM Era Subaru Foresters are much tighter in their drive feel. You could throw them around literally with confidence. This one drives more like a Toyota or Honda. Thank God they haven?t gone that far yet! Let?s see what the future holds! BTW Subaru fixed last edition?s mess up with that door handle /armrest that used to dig into the left leg of every guy that drove it . YAY

Love my car, it handles great!

I don?t think I could have made a better choice. It drives great, steers easy and is a smooth ride. I love the fact it is all wheel drive.

4.0

Great visibility. My wife likes driving.

Good gas mileage on regular gas. I like all wheel drive. The clock is not easy to reset. We like the fact we can put a full size dog kennel in rear hatch.

You Never See Subaru's on the Side of the Road

This is the fourth Subaru I've owned, the third with a Turbo. Their reliability is legendary - they just keep chugging along. And now that more manufacturers are using turbos to meet emissions/mileage specs, it's nice to know that Subaru has been making their 2.0L turbo engine since the 80's, and have had considerable time to work out the kinks. The AWD system can't be beat, if you like getting outdoors there's no better vehicle to purchase. It still gets decent mileage even with full-time AWD system, easy to drive, very comfortable seats (I drive ~35,000mi/year and have a herniated disk w/ sciatica, and these seats are a Godsend), the turbo models are like having a puppy that's always ready to be your energetic adventure buddy that you can count on through anything. The only downside I know of is that Subaru often skimps on sound deadening in the cabin, so they're a bit noisy. This is less true of the Outback and Legacy as they're a little more upscale, but expect a bit of a noisy cabin in other models.

2.3

Not impressed

Have a 2014. 60k miles. 1st wheel bearing went at 52k miles. Second at 60k. Replacing the air conditioner condenser at 60k. Door gaskets don't stay in place. Wears brakes (especially rear) quickly. MPG not as advertised, unless I drive at 55 MPH. 2-3 second delay when shifting from reverse to forward gear (function of the CVT I'm told) that drives me nuts. Windshield washer spray heads clog easily with snow and a pain to clear. On the flip side, with snow tires it's the best handling car in the snow I've ever had. Next time I buy the Honda.

Terrific 2014 Subaru Forester

This Forester SUV has been trouble free, economical to own and comfortable to drive and/or ride. I intend to buy another Subaru in the future.

Reliable and econcomical

Meets all of my needs. Good on gas mileage, handles very well. Comfortable, good on long road trips. Plenty of room for luggage and other items. A good family car!

2014 Forester

Bought this model for the ride and gas mileage. The first 7 months I was traveling about 250 miles 3 times a week for my wife's medical visits from Twain Harte to Stanford Hospital in California. Very reliable automobile with 30 mpg plus.