2019 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.7
Explore the 2019 Subaru Outback
Shop the 2019 Subaru Outback

What a ride!

Being disabled I was in the market for an accessible vehicle. With its wide doors and higher than average door and ride height coupled with a robust seat I was impressed with the level of ease and comfort while driving. It wasnt until a mishap sent me into a curb and then to a body shop. I got a rental....a higher end domestic SUV....it was at that moment I truly appreciated and sorely missed the build, ride ,performance and overall quality of my outback. I only have one negative thing to say about the outback and its the CVT....its the worst! Its the only weak link in an otherwise perfect vehicle. Subaru please reconsider and offer the outback with a standard transmission as a special order option.... I for one would be willing to pay extra for it.

2.0

3.6R Touring: 1st Outback will be my last

First of all, I had always wanted to own an Outback but took me until end of 2018 to do so. Not a good idea going from an A6 to an Outback, but that's another story. It's a car,and (generally) gets me from point A to point B. Chief complaint: I've had the 3.6R Touring for 4 years and 8-9 months. I just had to put the FOURTH battery in the car. No warning...may work great, and then you go to restart and it is dead-dead. Was told a variety of things the first few times like the key fob was kept too close to the car in the garage and was draining the battery, Jupiter was in the seventh house of Scorpio, etc. Seems like they finally settled on it being the Starlink system causing parasitic drain on the battery, but never told any owners. If you disengage the Starlink, however, you also lose Bluetooth capabilities. The alternator was also programmed to never fully charge the battery...this improves the gas mileage slightly. So, you have something constantly drawing a battery that never gets fully charged. Known problem, no recall, class action suit. Seating surfaces...started tearing at around 25K miles. Now at 40K and the tears are starting in the middle of the bolsters(?). Only center of the seating surfaces are leather,the sides are vinyl...and weak vinyl ,at that. Infotainment system - 60% of the time it works every time. USB connection seems to fritz out a LOT, if it even works at all. Sometimes requires turning car off/on. Car loves to drop USB connection when using a map/traffic app about 1-2 miles before a necessary exit. Last gripe...they show these cars going over mountains and off-road. My car somehow got its first ding after leaving the dealership, driving 3 miles home, putting it directly in the garage...and was dented the next morning. It has achieved several since, seemingly from just getting dirty looks. Can't imagine how the cars in the advertisements must have fared after climbing mountains, etc.

Subaru nailed it in the Touring

Absolutely have loved my Subaru Outback Touring. We have the 3.6 and it has not had a single issue after 43k miles. The interior is beautiful in the Touring. The nappa leather has held up surprisingly after my Audi's leather had cracks after only 12k. Love all the features you get with the Subaru and SPACE for the dogs without having to buy a huge SUV. First time Subaru owner after having owned an Audi A4, Infinity QX, Volkswagen Touareg as well as a Dodge. BEST one yet and it's not even considered a luxury brand. Cannot wait to get the next one!

Superb!

Great quality car ....Only issue I've had is I had to replace the battery way too early.....I read that the factory battery is not that great, so I bought a different kind and have had no problems.....I really don't see why as high quality the car is that it wouldn't come with a top notch battery!

Love my Subaru

I absolutely love this car. Extra room in back for my elderly parent's comfort. Easy to get in and out. Better gas mileage than I expected. All the safety features are a bonus.

Excellent car

Bought the car used with 6k on it. Now have 16k on it. Excellent driver, good gas economy, very quiet, comfortable. Have had no issues with car.

10/10 recommend

Best experience I had. Just bought the car from Boca Motors not too long ago, and not only is the car perfect, but the service there was amazing. The workers were super accommodating and nice, and just overall the best. Not to mention that this place probably has the cheapest deals you can ever find. Like seriously the cheapest. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. It’s the best.

Comfortable, Reliable Car

The 2019 Outback is really nice. Comfortable ride, handles well, great safety features. Also, unlike the newer models, the 2019 still had buttons and knobs for controls and it does not have the auto stop/start feature (which I find highly annoying).

Subaru Outback

So far we haven’t had any problems with it and we would recommend the car to anyone. We’ve wanted to get a Subaru for some time now.

Love my Outback

I love everything about my Outback except....1) there is no way to shut the radio off. It seems to turn off when you exit the car, however, when you turn it back on the radio comes blaring to life. This is an annoying feature but it is on all new Subarus. You just have to turn the volume done every time. 2) I have had to bring my car for service to fix several problems with the Bluetooth connectivity. They would reboot the software but the problem returns a while later. I guess this is a common problem. Neither of these would stop me from buying another Subaru.