2008 Camry

2008 Toyota Camry

2008 Toyota Camry

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2008 Toyota Camry?

Easy Transition From The Luxury Brands

by New To Toyota.......And Loving It!!! from TN on Tue Jan 25 2011

Let me start the review by saying that I have owned numerous car makes and models over the years, most recently having owned a string of BMW's (both 3 and 5 series). My wife and I decided it was time for a change and purchased a certified used 2008 Camry XLE w/ the 6 cyl engine. When shopping, we looked seriously at and compared the car to the ES Lexus, Nissan Maxima, Inifiti G Series and Honda Accord. The car drives like a dream, has plenty of power and offers enough features to satisfy even a long time BMW owner. It certainly will not boast all of the high tech gadgets and toys you would find in high end luxury brands "loaded" models but the price more than makes up for any missed options. We traded in our 525i Sport Sedan and I will say that I absolutely love the Camry!!! There are differences in the way the two cars drive, a BMW has a "sportier feel", better top end performance and handles better whereas the Camry (especially the 6 cyl model) gets off the line faster and is a roomier ride (more of a "touring" feel), of which I notice the largest size difference in the width. We have 2 kids and the Camry, from a size standpoint, is MUCH more comfortable to drive for long periods of time than my 5 series ever was. I have not owned it long enough to comment on reliability or repair pricing but I can assure you it will be small potatoes compared to what I have been paying to keep my German cars on the road. Goodbye to $75 oil changes and $1000 bills for even minor repairs, hello to value, quality ride and enough styling to keep me more than satisfied. My only regret with this car is that I didn't look at them more closely in 2007 when I last bought a BMW. We have been very happy and would strongly suggest you consider a Camry when you are exploring a new car purchase.

Its my TOY

by Its my TOY from Pawtucket, RI on Thu Aug 18 2011

Ive always owned Toyota's. I would not buy another kind of car. This is my 3rd Camry. and before that was a Celica & Corolla.

Very Good Car BUT------------

by JD from Oak Forest,Ill on Tue May 29 2018

Is everything I expect from a Camry however have been very disappointed in Toyota's standing by their product ie: this is a very low millage vehicle which exceeds time beyond warranty. With 20K miles the water pump leaked I had it checked by Toyota Orland 2X's prior with complaint of low anti freeze & smell they claimed no leak & no warranty. Rear defroster inter fears with radio I was told (at 22K) sorry out of warranty tho this is a common problem on 07,08,09 as well as the water pump. And factory tires are crap wearing out in 20-25k miles.

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

by cb from minnesota on Fri Apr 03 2015

I have owned a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid for 9 years now. It has 98,000 miles and has been fabulous. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

Excellent value

by Jaden from on Thu Feb 24 2011

This is America's best-selling car for a reason. Good gas mileage, excellent reliability, good re-sale value and highest marks in safety make this a good buy.

absolutley wonderful!!!!!!!!

by test driver from long island on Mon Aug 24 2009

great great great car!!! big, roomy, and luxerious. the interior design is like a luxery vehicle at a $22000 price.

I love my Camry!!

by tjtgirl from on Fri Oct 30 2009

I love my Camry, I enjoy the easy with which it turns, the exterior and interior style. Though I only have the SE model, I rated it high because I know that the features that I would like to have are offered in the higher model. This is by far the best car I've ever owned, and enjoyed driving.

All around great.

by Chris from California on Wed Mar 12 2008

Great power, good looks, very comfortable interior, good storage, everything about this car is all around great.

Benze

by Bennie from United Kingdom on Mon Mar 04 2013

I just like this car I will always want this car any time any day, nice car it make my journey more relaxing and comfortable.

Excellent workhorse car value!

by notacargal from Dallas TX on Wed Mar 04 2015

I read the other reviews and must disagree!! It is 2015 and I bought my beloved camry in late 2012, with about 107,000 miles on it. have barely had to do any work on the car and am now at almost 150k and the reliability, great gas mileage, attractive styling on the outside, and comfortable drive make me happy! I am a former Camry owner also. Previously had a 1998 Camry for 5 years and it was awesome until it hit 200,000k and then some things started breaking down, of course. I am amazed at the way the vehicle holds it's value. For a single woman who doesn't know cars, this has been an exceptionally easy car to own!! I owed a Volvo S40 right before I bought this car, and THAT WAS A PIECE OF TRASH AND SO MANY MANY PROBLEMS!! My Camry is refreshingly problem free. I have not had to replace breaks or transmission ,etc. Just regular oil changes and normal maintanance like a battery here, air filter there. Great car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Toyota Camry

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2006 about the 2007 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

A new 2007 Camry has begun to arrive at dealerships with reworked exterior styling, upgraded drivetrains and other refinements. The trim levels, in ascending value, are CE, LE, sporty SE and premium XLE. Roughly three months from now, a hybrid version built right here in the U.S. will hit the streets.

Unfortunately, the Camry Hybrid follows the usual formula: It's a hybrid equivalent of the Camry's top, XLE, trim level. So first you have to... Read More