2008 Toyota Camry

Easy Transition From The Luxury Brands

by from TN on January 25, 2011

Let me start the review by saying that I have owned numerous car makes and models over the years, most recently having owned a string of BMW's (both 3 and 5 series). My wife and I decided it was time for a change and purchased a certified used 2008 Camry XLE w/ the 6 cyl engine. When shopping, we looked seriously at and compared the car to the ES Lexus, Nissan Maxima, Inifiti G Series and Honda Accord. The car drives like a dream, has plenty of power and offers enough features to satisfy even a long time BMW owner. It certainly will not boast all of the high tech gadgets and toys you would find in high end luxury brands "loaded" models but the price more than makes up for any missed options. We traded in our 525i Sport Sedan and I will say that I absolutely love the Camry!!! There are differences in the way the two cars drive, a BMW has a "sportier feel", better top end performance and handles better whereas the Camry (especially the 6 cyl model) gets off the line faster and is a roomier ride (more of a "touring" feel), of which I notice the largest size difference in the width. We have 2 kids and the Camry, from a size standpoint, is MUCH more comfortable to drive for long periods of time than my 5 series ever was. I have not owned it long enough to comment on reliability or repair pricing but I can assure you it will be small potatoes compared to what I have been paying to keep my German cars on the road. Goodbye to $75 oil changes and $1000 bills for even minor repairs, hello to value, quality ride and enough styling to keep me more than satisfied. My only regret with this car is that I didn't look at them more closely in 2007 when I last bought a BMW. We have been very happy and would strongly suggest you consider a Camry when you are exploring a new car purchase.

Its my TOY

by from Pawtucket, RI on August 18, 2011

Ive always owned Toyota's. I would not buy another kind of car. This is my 3rd Camry. and before that was a Celica & Corolla.

Excellent value

by from on February 24, 2011

This is America's best-selling car for a reason. Good gas mileage, excellent reliability, good re-sale value and highest marks in safety make this a good buy.

I love my Camry!!

by from on October 30, 2009

I love my Camry, I enjoy the easy with which it turns, the exterior and interior style. Though I only have the SE model, I rated it high because I know that the features that I would like to have are offered in the higher model. This is by far the best car I've ever owned, and enjoyed driving.

Benze

by from United Kingdom on March 4, 2013

I just like this car I will always want this car any time any day, nice car it make my journey more relaxing and comfortable.

absolutley wonderful!!!!!!!!

by from long island on August 24, 2009

great great great car!!! big, roomy, and luxerious. the interior design is like a luxery vehicle at a $22000 price.

No better car available!

by from McDonough, GA on August 15, 2016

Over 245,000 (210,000 I put on)! My XLE is comfortable, fun, powerful, saved me from two accidents with maneuvering and acceleration, so far. There is a dash problem Toyota is fixing. The only thing I've replaced other than standard stuff is the water pump, but that was at 200K! I love, love, love my Camry. Its my 5th one. I had a '98 that was a lemon, but all the others have been outstanding! Two of them were totaled in accidents, neither my fault, and I walked away. I'm taking this one to 400K if nobody hits me, then I'll replace it with a new one!!!

All around great.

by from California on March 12, 2008

Great power, good looks, very comfortable interior, good storage, everything about this car is all around great.

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

by from minnesota on April 3, 2015

I have owned a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid for 9 years now. It has 98,000 miles and has been fabulous. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

;j;jj;n;ij;io

by from on October 22, 2014

carfax report was supplied by the dealership at no cost, which was helpful. Friendly staff. Were adamant about helping us come to a price we both felt comfortable. Stayed open late for us. Only negative I would have to say was that I didn't even get two blocks away in my new car without the gas light coming on. Also in test drive we noticed the wind shield wipers weren't even useable they were so bad we asked them to be replaced before purchase, it was agreed to do so and days after the purchase I was caught in the rain with no windshield wipers because they were never replaced.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Toyota Camry