2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

3.7
Average based on 33 reviews

Easy Transition From The Luxury Brands

by from TN on January 25, 2011

Let me start the review by saying that I have owned numerous car makes and models over the years, most recently having owned a string of BMW's (both 3 and 5 series). My wife and I decided it was time for a change and purchased a certified used 2008 Camry XLE w/ the 6 cyl engine. When shopping, we looked seriously at and compared the car to the ES Lexus, Nissan Maxima, Inifiti G Series and Honda Accord. The car drives like a dream, has plenty of power and offers enough features to satisfy even a long time BMW owner. It certainly will not boast all of the high tech gadgets and toys you would find in high end luxury brands "loaded" models but the price more than makes up for any missed options. We traded in our 525i Sport Sedan and I will say that I absolutely love the Camry!!! There are differences in the way the two cars drive, a BMW has a "sportier feel", better top end performance and handles better whereas the Camry (especially the 6 cyl model) gets off the line faster and is a roomier ride (more of a "touring" feel), of which I notice the largest size difference in the width. We have 2 kids and the Camry, from a size standpoint, is MUCH more comfortable to drive for long periods of time than my 5 series ever was. I have not owned it long enough to comment on reliability or repair pricing but I can assure you it will be small potatoes compared to what I have been paying to keep my German cars on the road. Goodbye to $75 oil changes and $1000 bills for even minor repairs, hello to value, quality ride and enough styling to keep me more than satisfied. My only regret with this car is that I didn't look at them more closely in 2007 when I last bought a BMW. We have been very happy and would strongly suggest you consider a Camry when you are exploring a new car purchase.

A nice upgrade!

by from Milwaukee, WI on February 25, 2008

My 2008 Camry LE is a great vehicle! I opted for the Sunroof and Alloy wheels as upgrades! This vehicle rides and drives soooo comfortablly! A majority of my driving is on the open highway, and this vehicle is soo smooth, quiet and peaceful that I find myself looking forward to a trip! This is a definite upgrade from my 2003 Toyota Matrix! I really like the interior, especially the dash layout! It is very user friendly! At night, the light emitting from the "center stack" can be a bit much and reflect off the windshield, so I just turn the interior lights down a bit. The only downside is that the handling is not the greatest...but I am used to the way it handles now. It might have been worth the extra money for the "SE" model. I opted for the 4 cylinder engine which I am happy with. If you need that extra "oomph" to pass or whatever, the 4cylinder has the power, you just have to ask it hard it enough. It is a great vehicle! A large improvement over the previous generation Camry!

Its my TOY

by from Pawtucket, RI on August 18, 2011

Ive always owned Toyota's. I would not buy another kind of car. This is my 3rd Camry. and before that was a Celica & Corolla.

Benze

by from United Kingdom on March 4, 2013

I just like this car I will always want this car any time any day, nice car it make my journey more relaxing and comfortable.

Excellent value

by from on February 24, 2011

This is America's best-selling car for a reason. Good gas mileage, excellent reliability, good re-sale value and highest marks in safety make this a good buy.

absolutley wonderful!!!!!!!!

by from long island on August 24, 2009

great great great car!!! big, roomy, and luxerious. the interior design is like a luxery vehicle at a $22000 price.

All around great.

by from California on March 12, 2008

Great power, good looks, very comfortable interior, good storage, everything about this car is all around great.

Comfort and reliability

by from New York, NY on December 7, 2007

I like the interior design. It's very comfortable. Drives smooth, has plenty of trunk space. I can't think of anything negative to say about this car.

Very Nice Service

by from rockland.Ny on July 28, 2011

very professional team Very nice service Great Communication i will go back to them im very happy thanks every one

awesome car!!

by from minot, nd on December 28, 2010

Love my camry best car ever better then the rav4. Awesome car I love mine you'll love yours to!BEST SEDAN EVER!!!!