NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 RAV4

2014 Toyota RAV4

2014 Toyota RAV4

4.4

Have You Driven the 2014 Toyota RAV4?

Make sure you're comfortable in the RAV4

by Rav rage from Milwaukee, wi on Mon Sep 08 2014

I've driven the RAV4 for about 1000 miles an overall I'm very happy, you as a prospective Rav 4 buyer compare the XLE and Limited for seat comfort. I find the armrest moves back-and-forth "adjustable" and sometimes is annoying and blocks the drink holder. Also a couple of the controls are in-conveniently placed above your left knee while sitting in the driver seat. I purchased the limited because I wanted blizzard pearl paint and I am very happy that I did I'm happy with all at this point after driving the thousand miles the liftgate is very convienient The pushbutton start is wonderful and the doorhandles lock and unlock is a very convenient feature. I would highly recommend the RAV4 for mileage and controls and drivability and I would recommend it to a friend

Fun and Sassy to Drive

by Old Racer from Phoenix, Arizona on Thu Feb 13 2014

This vehicle has surpassed my expectations in almost every way. Just turned 10K miles. Fun to drive and a wow factor too. I purchased it for local, run around yet overall smaller than the previous Sienna . It fit those profiles. Now, unexpectedly I've had to make to long haul trips (750 mi) each way and guess what? Quiet, smooth, exceptional handling and good gas mileage too. These I did not expect with a small SUV. The "sport mode" really gives this little engine some get up and go! Usually drive in the economy mode though. I do wish I had bought the auto rear deck opener. I think a good value with Toyota quality included.

Still learning

by John Q from Southeast Minnesota on Tue Sep 23 2014

Have owned the Rav4 for a month. We are very pleased with it so far. Ride and comfort are excellent. We are still learning what the car can do. The manual for electronics package alone is 200 pages. One small complaint, display screen is nearly flush with dash board and sometimes unreadable in bright sunlight.

Excellant car

by Hiran from Houston, TX on Mon Aug 17 2015

Lots of Space, great gas mileage, dependable, good dealer network. The wind noise very noticeable at freeway speeds specially when going over 75mph. But good outward visibility, smooth breaking, and powertrain is smooth and efficient

Third Toyota I've Owned

by Dog Chauffer from Centerville, OH on Fri Sep 05 2014

I've been very satisfied with all 3 Toyotas I've had. I chose the RAV 4 because I needed a car large enough to hold a big dog crate (with the backseats down), but didn't want a huge SUV. Had the car less than a month, but have been really happy with it.

Hooked on Toyota

by Driven It from Industry, Texas on Sun Apr 27 2014

This review is based solely on dealer test drives, therefore my ratings on this RAV4 are limited. However, something may need to be asked about driver visibility on this vehicle. I am over six feet and yet when I sit behind the wheel of this beautiful SUV, I see all hood and no road. Even with a height adjustment, this unfortunate design still exists. I owned a 2003 RAV4 and I remember its selling point to me was the clarity of vision while sitting behind the wheel. Am I the only one reacting this way? My wife and I want to buy this vehicle but this is an issue that troubles us. Any thoughts on this?

2012 Rav 4

by Marcy from Decatur, ga on Sat May 03 2014

My 4th Toyota, 1st SUV, 1st preowned car. Absolutely love it! Was nervous about preowned, but it's an excellent car. Of course, it's Toyota!.

one of the most reliable cars i have owned

by beachteach from Huntington Beach, Ca. on Mon May 26 2014

viewing excellent, dual air conditioning in front, bluetooth hands off to control phone, and radio, power sun roof, new styling front fenders and rear lights. great car probably the last car I will buy!!!

love my rav4

by grandma123 from Dyer, IN on Fri Sep 12 2014

It's really too early to give an impression of the things on the list, we just bought it yesterdqy. BUT, it was a replacement for a 2012 Rav 4 which was totaled in a MVA. Our 2012 was very reliable. Never had a bit of trouble with it. . I love Toyota!!

thought we liked it not at all

by tony from pittsfield ma on Fri Apr 18 2014

we leased 2013 xle its ok ride is terrible accelerates terrible no power very cheap interior not real happy had it for a year wish we got a camry highlander I think were paying to much for that vehicle to

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2014 Toyota RAV4

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2012 about the 2013 Toyota RAV4. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Small families looking for efficient, versatile vehicles are flocking to the compact crossover class, where automakers are keeping it fresh and competitive with frequent redesigns and new models.

After six years with minimal changes, the 2013 Toyota RAV4's redesign is an awkward dance of two steps forward, one step back.

The updates are big: The RAV4 loses its available V-6 and third row of seats, upgrades to a six-speed automatic transmission and swaps its... Read More