2014 RAV4

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2014 Red Toyota Rav4 LE

by Ramesh from Chicago,IL on December 19, 2016

I bought my Toyota Rav4 as a certified Pre-Owned and it never disappointed me. The car is very smooth and definitely recommend to others.

Make sure you're comfortable in the RAV4

by Rav rage from Milwaukee, wi on September 8, 2014

I've driven the RAV4 for about 1000 miles an overall I'm very happy, you as a prospective Rav 4 buyer compare the XLE and Limited for seat comfort. I find the armrest moves back-and-forth "adjustable" and sometimes is annoying and blocks the drink holder. Also a couple of the controls are in-conveniently placed above your left knee while sitting in the driver seat. I purchased the limited because I wanted blizzard pearl paint and I am very happy that I did I'm happy with all at this point after driving the thousand miles the liftgate is very convienient The pushbutton start is wonderful and the doorhandles lock and unlock is a very convenient feature. I would highly recommend the RAV4 for mileage and controls and drivability and I would recommend it to a friend

Fun and Sassy to Drive

by Old Racer from Phoenix, Arizona on February 13, 2014

This vehicle has surpassed my expectations in almost every way. Just turned 10K miles. Fun to drive and a wow factor too. I purchased it for local, run around yet overall smaller than the previous Sienna . It fit those profiles. Now, unexpectedly I've had to make to long haul trips (750 mi) each way and guess what? Quiet, smooth, exceptional handling and good gas mileage too. These I did not expect with a small SUV. The "sport mode" really gives this little engine some get up and go! Usually drive in the economy mode though. I do wish I had bought the auto rear deck opener. I think a good value with Toyota quality included.

Still learning

by John Q from Southeast Minnesota on September 23, 2014

Have owned the Rav4 for a month. We are very pleased with it so far. Ride and comfort are excellent. We are still learning what the car can do. The manual for electronics package alone is 200 pages. One small complaint, display screen is nearly flush with dash board and sometimes unreadable in bright sunlight.

Excellant car

by Hiran from Houston, TX on August 17, 2015

Lots of Space, great gas mileage, dependable, good dealer network. The wind noise very noticeable at freeway speeds specially when going over 75mph. But good outward visibility, smooth breaking, and powertrain is smooth and efficient

Third Toyota I've Owned

by Dog Chauffer from Centerville, OH on September 5, 2014

I've been very satisfied with all 3 Toyotas I've had. I chose the RAV 4 because I needed a car large enough to hold a big dog crate (with the backseats down), but didn't want a huge SUV. Had the car less than a month, but have been really happy with it.

Just fine

by Ama from on August 22, 2014

I've owned this car for a month - 2014 xle. Purchased this over the Mazda CX-5 because of the price alone (Toyota has bargaining power. Mazda doesn't at this point). I've owned a lot of Toyotas and they all drive pretty much the same. The second I drove this car, I felt comfortable. It responds well, it feels exactly like other toyotas I've owned. I'm not, however, blown away. There is a crazy glare on the screen. I'm technologically savvy and the computer system organization doesn't make any freaking sense. I've read the manual, spent more time than I have on candy crush personalizing the navigation, and I still can't get a seamless experience when driving. The voice command doesn't understand me and I've tried to calibrate it multiple times. Other issues - I have to step back every time I open the back door and there aren't enough storage compartments (I used to own a 2 door Yaris with more small-storage space than this car). Those things aside - it's a toyota and has AMAZING resell value (My yaris depriciated $200 in 5 years) and amazing reliability and my dealer has a great service department. I'm not crazy about this car, but for the money and the company, it's a great choice.

Good and bad.

by Ana from Markham, ON, Canada on September 5, 2014

I just got a new 2014 RAV 4 Limited edition last month. I previously drove 2008 RAV 4 for 4 years and a 2012 Rave 4 XLE for 2 years. They are very reliable SUVs. 2014 RAV 4 Pro: - Very reliable to drive during all season - Easier to maneuver, turn and drive - It has slightly better shock absorption capacity from uneven road than the previous models. - Good mirrors that provide wider and better view of the road. - Limited edition comes with lots of features, like back up camera, seat warmer etc. - Good cargo space but less than the 2008 and 2012 models. - Comes with two separate mats for winter and summer. - Well priced for a SUV. 2014 RAV 4 Con: - It has absolutely no leg space in the back passenger seats. It is impossible for normal height and tall people to seat comfortably at the back. It has less space than a normal sedan. The inside is tiny. - The integrated software system for GPS and audio control is very bad and full of flaws. - Consumes way more gas then the two previous models I drove. - It has only two storage compartment at the front, smaller in size than the previous models. The previous models had multiple small compartments that were convenient to store things like sunglass, spare change for emergency and other electronic items like phones out of sight. The 2014 model have none of these. The compartment they made to keep phone is out in the open and every time the car stops even decelerating gradually, it slips and falls on the floor. Overall, Toyota made 2014 RAV 4 cheap by cutting out all the useful, convenient little things. If you had a previous model with good features, don't change to this new model. If you are buying a RAV 4, buy a previous model with added features. I drove 2008 and 2012 models; they are very good, reliable cars with a better fuel mileage. If I had a Limited edition of 2012 RAV 4, I definitely would have kept it. Good luck!

Does not recommend this car!!

2012 Rav 4

by Marcy from Decatur, ga on May 3, 2014

My 4th Toyota, 1st SUV, 1st preowned car. Absolutely love it! Was nervous about preowned, but it's an excellent car. Of course, it's Toyota!.

Hooked on Toyota

by Driven It from Industry, Texas on April 27, 2014

This review is based solely on dealer test drives, therefore my ratings on this RAV4 are limited. However, something may need to be asked about driver visibility on this vehicle. I am over six feet and yet when I sit behind the wheel of this beautiful SUV, I see all hood and no road. Even with a height adjustment, this unfortunate design still exists. I owned a 2003 RAV4 and I remember its selling point to me was the clarity of vision while sitting behind the wheel. Am I the only one reacting this way? My wife and I want to buy this vehicle but this is an issue that troubles us. Any thoughts on this?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16