Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 Tacoma

2016 Toyota Tacoma

2016 Toyota Tacoma

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Toyota Tacoma?

2016 trd sport 4x4

by Mick from NH. on Mon Aug 29 2016

Traded an 07 Tacoma . Great driving truck. Smooth and quiet. Great features and interior lay out. Getting 23 mpg with only 600 miles on her. V6 auto. Hopeing it will be as reliable as my 07. Tacomas have a great resale and trade in.

dream truck

by Fungusman from Detroit , Mi on Thu Jul 07 2016

This is my 4th Tacoma in 10 years and will likely be the truck that takes me through my retirement. I have waited 10 years to get the color blue close to when I first purchased my first Tacoma. The options of this truck sealed the deal as standard options in the Sport package. Blind side mirror monitors, sun roof, back up obstruction alerts, keyless starter, cordless phone charger, beefier hood scoop, and beefier front end. The real surprise came after my first tank of gas . The newer 3.5L engine gave me something that the 3 other Tacomas could not-------- 21 + miles per gallon. All of my other trucks have been close at 19 ( and averaged closer to 17) but just could not break 20mpg. I haven't really noticed a difference in the acceleration on the new truck as compared to the previous 4.0 L. The ride feels the same also , even though they got rid of the Bilstien shocks in the new Sport model. I like the feel of the Firestone tires that came with the new truck. They seem to have a lot of grip in the rain as compared to my older trucks. My only fault with the truck is rear seat leg room. There is not enough for standard size people , let alone anyone over 6'. Toyota needs to increase the cab by about 4" to make it realistic and usable. This is my dream truck . I'll have to see if it lives up to my expectations in 10 years. I am betting it will

First Toyota I've owned

by needed a truck crew cab from Burlington, VT on Wed Mar 23 2016

I have owned the truck only a few days, but I have driven it 600 miles and we like it. The fuel economy, the room of the crew cab, and the ride, We have hauled trash and furniture and I enjoy the easy tailgate. We have taken two trips over 200K each in one day. We enjoy the truck and plan to keep it for years. I looked at several trucks this size and dealerships for price and service. We are pleased with everything. It is our second (first) vehicle and we like everything it dose. Thank you

Toyota hit a home run with this truck

by SagamiTom from North Kingstown, RI on Sun Apr 17 2016

Been looking at trucks for some time. Finally choose the Tacoma for my birthday gift to me. Selected the 2016 Limited that was fully loaded in super white. What a truck! Incredibly quiet, tons of safety and technology features, ride and handling is spot on, and the acceleration is what ever you need it to be. Go easy and it purrs. Hit the gas and it roars. Getting 20.5 mpg on mixed driving. Shifting is smooth no matter your throttle habits. Interior is very comfortable (I'm 6'2"/195 lbs for reference) and the dash is organized in a very user friendly manner. Driver visibility is great. I get stares and compliments on the truck where ever I go. The wife even loves the truck (but won't drive it- she thinks it's too big! Did have to put on nerf bars so she could climb in....) A bit pricey, but then again, what decent vehicle isn't. More features, better price, better mileage, better dependability, and better resale with almost the same hauling capacity as a "full size" truck. I'm very happy with my purchase and would strongly recommend it.

Get a Manual

by Tacoma for life!!! from Ft lauderdale,FL on Fri Apr 15 2016

This truck is rock solid with the new 6-speed Manual,but good luck finding one. I got the 2016-TRD-Off Road. Thanks to cars .com i was able to pin point the exact truck i had been looking for. Even tho it was 3100 miles away,i had it shipped to my door step.This will be my 3rd Tacoma,it just keeps getting better . I got my eye on the 2017 TRD-PRO,Also the resale value makes this truck a no brainer,the problem is you won't want to sell it!!

good looking truck

by The President from Folsom Lake on Wed Dec 09 2015

This is a great truck and best Tacoma body design so far. The price for the truck is too pricing for the feature. It very basic feature for the high price. I only get about 18 mpg for freeway. I drove only to the speed limit and never over. Toyota usually over stated their mpg. It run quietly and does have the power for that little truck.

TRD 4X2 Tacoma Sport - blue color

by Killeen buyer from Florence, Texas on Tue Mar 22 2016

I bought my TRD 4X2 Tacoma Sport in Killeen, TX. Walked onto the lot, saw the truck, sat in it, drove it, made the decision easy. Beautiful truck, drives really nice, seats fit me and my wife very well, very comfortable. All the power I will ever need. All of the high-tech stuff brings me into 2016 as a techie kind of guy (GPS, telephone, back-up camera, touch screen or voice controlled phone or radio). This truck can do stuff that I don't yet understand, but my son will teach me (ha, ha). The salesman was really good to work with. And the finance team is great as well. A really nice dealership in Killeen. I'm looking forward to maintaining this beautiful truck and keeping it like new for years to come.

Just love driving a truck that sit up higher on rd

by ondie from Enfield NH on Thu Aug 11 2016

I had a great experience with the dealership... I love my Toyota Tacoma.. it could be a little more comfortable if possible. I realize it is a truck .. didnt expect that ... would like to have power adjustable seats...which this truck does not have... Over all I love the truck...

Badass

by USMC1249 from Tampa, FL on Fri Nov 13 2015

This truck is the perfect truck for commuting, and having fun on the weekends, it is by far the best Tacoma ever made, and has legendary reliability.

great truck: Tacoma TRD Off-Road

by howarja from Bowling Green on Wed Apr 26 2017

This has been a great truck! Yes, I have put several modifications on it. Upgraded tire to BFGoodrich 285/75/16 KO2s. Added a 2 inch leveling kit and added 1 inch wheel spacers to the truck, the tires rubbed the upper A arm. Tires definitely lowered my MPG. I get 17 combined now. I get 22 mpg at 55mph and 18 mpg at 70mph. This truck can make it through just about anything. I think the enterer layout is great! My wife says it's really comfortable, I think the seat are comfy as well. Double cab has plenty of space in the back, but I do wish it had a little bit more depth, at 6'1" it a little tight for me in the back. Wife and kids say it's fine though. The Bilstin shocks are amazing off-road and great on road. The navigation system is really good, i like the fact that I can set multiple waypoints. My only negative would be that i wish it came in a V8 engine.

Uses car for Off-roading

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Verdict: Toyota has crafted a solid update to the country’s best-selling midsize truck, but a cramped interior and questionable ergonomics keep it from being the best midsize truck.

Versus the competition: Though its TRD models have an edge off-road, the updated Tacoma is less spacious, comfortable and efficient than the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon and Nissan Frontier. It also falls behind the GM trucks in towing capability and safety features and technology content for the price.

The midsize pickup segment, which had been shrinking year over year, is heating up thanks to the smashing success of GM’s redesigned Colorado and Canyon twins, which have been selling like crazy... Read More