NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Tiguan

2019 Volkswagen Tiguan

2019 Volkswagen Tiguan

Have You Driven the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan?

Surprisingly fantastic vehicle!

by EH from Madison, WI on Thu Apr 18 2019

I didn't originally set out to buy a Tiguan. But, after trying out the new Rav4 (obnoxious engine noise) and CRV (dash and shifter evoke feeling of a minivan) I expanded my search. The Tiguan is my favorite smaller SUV hands down. What sold me is that it feels and drives like a much more expensive vehicle. Other features have surprised us. I'm 6'2" and my 6'3" son can sit directly behind me in the 2nd row with room to spare (we don't have the third row), its easy to see out for driving, the menu on the screen is straightforward, Apple Car play works great and backup avoidance has already save me from a fender bender. Fuel economy has been much better than the EPA sticker at 28 mpg in combined driving. Highway mileage consistently reaches 32-33 mpg. The only thing I find disconcerting is the engine shutting off at traffic lights. Once you get over your natural inclination that something is wrong, you will enjoy the peace and quiet. Overall it is an easy vehicle to live with and we really enjoy it.

Finally bought one after 3 years of research

by Oakie from Indianapolis, IN on Thu May 02 2019

I have researched the Tiguan for three years. In 2018, I fell in love with new design. Bought a 2019 SEL Premium 4 Motion R-Line off the showroom floor. I wanted to wait till I got some miles on it and months of ownsership before I wrote a review. I have to tell you that I have seen several comments about poor performance, but I haven’t experienced it after break in and getting used to stiffer German engineered gas pedal. I was used to it after having a MB C300. Anyway, without using sport mode, I can take off and leave traffic behind at a stop light. Sport mode is even quicker. If someone wants better acceleration, then maybe a sports car would suit them better than a compact SUV. This is only compact on the outside, if that. The ride is nothing short of luxurious, quiet, roomy and solid. The stereo (Fender) is as good as my Burmeister was in the MB. Great bass and clarity with such true to life sound. The seats are magnificent, contour and comfort are great. My 91 year old father loves them too. The digital dash and center display are fantastic, intuitive and very useful. The fit and finish of the car is amazing. As is usual with German cars, everything is over engineered and sturdy. The panoramic sunroof is big, well visible from front seat and dazzling in back seats. The electric sunshade never fails to impress riders. The adaptive LED headlights are bright and impressively capable. The LED corner lights that light up at turn of wheel after slowing are hella bright. I love them and they are truly useful. The heated seats and steering wheel worked great and applied me. Overall, the car is super luxurious, fun and steers better than any car I have ever had. I cannot imagine a accessory or option you would want that this trim level that I own doesn’t have. Don’t take my word for it as a happy buyer. Take it for a test ride yourself. You’ll be amazed. I must say the fantastic warranty was a plus and for about $1,200, I purchased the additional warranty for 96 months or 120k miles. Best of all, it takes 87 octane regular unleaded ONLY. Says so right on the gas cap. Anyone that has a Tiguan knows what I am saying here is factual. I love mine and from the looks it gets, so does everyone else.

Great fit for my family

by S.D. Jones from Philadelphia, PA on Wed Mar 13 2019

We were looking for a mid size SUV and was intrigued by the 3rd row option in the Tiguan. I was returning a Ford Edge off lease and needed a new family car. I really love this car for it's overall value. Above average tech and safety features. Excellent seats and overall interior cabin feel. I purchased an SE model with 8" tech screen, leatherette seating, safety features, panoramic sunroof and thrid row seating for 27K. The only draw back that I have is that the turbo engine has a bit of a lag due to the spooling from the turbo. Not as bad as some state. Compare the Tiguan to the competion and you will agree that the Tiguan is a great value and overall fun car to drive. Gas mileage is roughly 25 MPG mix use. 6 year 72K people first bumper to bumper warranty.

Extremely well equipped with Audi type finishes

by Tiguanluxury1 from Dallas, Texas on Sun Mar 17 2019

The SEL model comes with all the latest tech. Interior quality is very premium. LED headlights should be standard at this price point. They are not. Other than that just accept this vehicle for what it is a high quality luxury SUV with Audi build quality and a VW badged price point. 4 motion all wheel drive is a must not only for snow and light trail driving but it's a magnificent little monster driving through heavy rain and standing water on the roadways. You won't be disappointed.

one awesome vehicle

by Spomes from La Grange IL on Mon Jan 28 2019

This car is perfect for a good SUV. the redesigned exterior is really sharp. The interior has all controls that are easy to use. The panoramic sunroof is an option that should not be forgotten.

Excellent ride and fuel economy,very spacious.

by Big don from Grove city , ohio on Fri May 03 2019

We love the ride and fuel economy, far better than stated in reviews.the third row seat is a plus that other vehicles in this class don’t have. I’m very impressed so far, this car has twice the warranty of the other vehicles that were considered the Honda CR-V and Jeep Cherokee.

I like it

by Happy Habenro from Cambridge MA on Wed Jan 30 2019

It fits what we need. I get the power of the car without having to put premium gas. It has the space we need and nice features. I’ve always like led VW but always felt they were cheap with the car accessories. I feel like they have finally matched the accesssories with the price.

Very Comfortable, spacious SUV

by mmvilla from El Cerrito, CA on Wed Apr 03 2019

Drives really well. Corners well. Plenty of room inside. 3rd row seating is great. The only downside is im not used to the engine turning off when stopped and it turns the A/C off. The safety features are a little too sensitive especially the cross traffic warning when backing up.

Had everything TECh , for cheaper price ,Luv SUV

by Campbucca from Atlant a,GA on Mon Apr 08 2019

Went looking and this had better warranty all TECH aof the expensive SUV at 1/2 the price, ride good, comfort good. No complaints .Had Honda, Nissan and Toyata B4 this Tiguan get all the high dollar features an safety at a GREAT Price. Only had it 3 weeks best choice ever made.

Reliable vehicle. Easy to drive

by Tiguan owner from Merryville, Louisiana on Wed Mar 27 2019

Nice vehicle. I wish it had more extras, but I couldn’t afford the one up. Electric seats would be nice, but overall it’s a great vehicle

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10