2019 Volkswagen Tiguan consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Tiguan Volkswagen
Explore the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
Shop the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan

2019 VW

Bought this new in September 2019. LES model. Has about 20,000 miles on it. Because we drive mostly city miles I’ve changed oil at 6.000 mile intervals. Engine uses no oil. Only problem I’ve had was the front rotors warped at 10.000 miles. They are made from inferior steel and rust easily when you wash the car. Replaced them with aftermarket parts. I like the way the car handles. I’ve driven for many years and many cars. I can honestly say I enjoy driving this car.

Great for tall people.

This is my second Tiguan. Being 6‘5“ tall this is one of the most comfortable cars in this range. I like the touchscreen controls and the handling is very nice and firm. The panoramic sunroof is also a big plus. It is not the fastest car out there for sure. Cargo room is great and you can seat four people very easily in it. Legroom is even good behind me for a Passenger .

Very nice, comfortable vehicle

Bought for my son. Price, comfort, reliability and safety were tops for me and this vehicle met each one. He loves that it looks a little sporty and not like a “Mom Car”!

reliable vehicle...

I had some issues with the car, but they had been taking care of. The Vehicle is very comfortable and for a 4 Cylinder engine has a lot of power for a mid size SUV.

1.4

Brake issues

I have VW Tiguan 2019 with 4603 Mils (only). I have a issues with my brakes. Whenever I applied brakes then I have wobbling/Shaking. As per Dealer this issue is not covered by the Warranty. This is very surprising to me how this low mileage vehicle is not covered by this issue This issue is related to warrant item. As per my experience never buy this VW again in my life and will not recommend to any one of them

4.3

Good SUV, except for drive by wire throttle

2019 VE Tiguan Great responsive turbo 4 cyl, BUT the drive by wire throttle works on and off. I mean sometimes it works and other times NO and at a bad time such as pulling out into traffic and NO response from motor. Drive by wire means there are two electric switches ( solenoids) that talk to each other as to where the gas pedal (throttle) is positioned. Mine sometimes does not like to talk to each other at times, they “squabble “ and leaves you with nothing then all of a sudden a big rush of power The service manager has few ideas and says to bring it in next time VW doesn’t work, yeah we know that all cars will not work when you want them to. I called VW North America but no help as they are not aware of problem., however the internet is full of reports all way back to 2009 Tiguans . I contacted NHTSA and never heard from them again. This issue occurs intermittently but several times a day but you do not get used to it and you have to change your driving habits.

Classy, reliable and super comfortable!

Meets my needs, roomy but not a gas guzzler or too big to park. Love the third row option and very comfortable. Great steering, intuitive infotainment and amazing moonroof !

I Love My Tiggy

I Traded my my '09 CC VR6 edition for the Tiguan. Mt tiguan is better on gas, very comfortable. My only complaint is performance. It has a 2.0Turbo 184 Hp. Could use a V6. Its sluggish out of first gear. Its the only thing I miss from my CC

Impressed so far!

Bought the 2019 Tiguan after driving a 2017 Passat R-Line. Had the Tiguan a week and truly surprised at the vehicle. More power than my Passat had and best value for the money. Granted it only been a week but we also own a VW Atlas. We have become a VW family and would never have expected it. Truly pleased with all 3 VW’s I’ve owned so far.

3.1

Wasn’t Impressed

I bought a Tiguan SE new - the pretty blue color. I had buyers remorse after trading in a 2017 Honda CR-V (fully loaded). The VW had the roughest shifting transmission I’ve ever owned. It “kicked” between gears. I felt the plastic oil drain nut and oil filter cap were a joke. Easily stripped. The third row seating was a joke. Waste of money. The car depreciated $8000 in 8 months as well. I was so happy to be rid of this car.