2019 Volvo XC60 consumer reviews

side view of 2019 XC60 Volvo
Explore the 2019 Volvo XC60
Shop the 2019 Volvo XC60

My 8th volvo

I find Volvo to be a safe reliable car I particularly enjoyed dealing with White Plains Volvo and salesperson Jason Adler Janyll Valencia for showing us all the details and Demitri for the financial information

Styling and performance

The exterior and interior of the XC60 are stylish with clean lines and a spare elegance. Driver controls are easy to use and safety-oriented. The infotainment system is intuitive, responsive and well-placed for use and visibility while driving. My first road trip was a pleasure. The XC60 handles well and rides comfortably. The horsepower and torque are there as needed.

So excited to own my Volvo

Great performance and it looks great. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I love the safety ratings and look forward to driving it daily.

Very impressed with the entire automobile.

Drivability, ease of understanding internal functions, a real fit for me. Mileage, and comfort all part of the experience. But most of all, the safest vehicle on the road!

An SUV with the feel of a sports car!

Love this vehicle. Comfortable, solid and plenty of power to get up and go! And it is beautiful. So glad that I decided to upgrade from my old S60.

Gotta take this car for a test drive

You have to test drive this car in order to see how amazing it is. So many features and you know Volvo thought of everything

Great car. Very happy with my purchase

Heads up display, safety features, Apple car play, comfortable seats-great car. I was going to buy a BMW X3 but loved the Volvo and all it had to offer.

4.3

Highs and lows

I've had mine for a about a week, with several hundred miles on it. For sake of comparison, my last vehicle was a Lincoln MKX 2.7T and before that a BMW 3-series wagon. I love the way the car looks from both the exterior and exterior, the paint job is fantastic. I have the Pine Gray exterior (which is a very distinctive combo of green and gray) and a maroon (brown) interior. The fit and finish and interior materials are better than any vehicle in it's class, although it does have a few very minor cheap touches. It oozes quality and attention to details. You feel pampered as soon as you sit in the cabin. I have been pleasantly surprised by SENSUS. Car mags sometimes complain about how touch-centric the user interface is (no redundant hard controls - few buttons in the car, all on the screen) but I've not found this to be a major concern in most cases. The system is elegant and easy to figure out. The seats are wonderfully comfortable, visibility outside the vehicle is superb (again, best in this class). You won't realize you are driving an SUV, because its so free of blind spots and there is a tight turning circle during parking lot maneuvers. The car really hauls (I have the T6 inscription). Some of the tech is really superb - the clarity on the 360 camera and the backup cam are unreal and the heads up display is pretty nice. There are a few clever features that I really love - for example, you can fold the rear headrests from the driver's seat. The rear cargo area is nicely shaped, well finished, and flat. I can get my bike and gear in there with no problem. Some minor downsides: The cabin storage (places to store your sunglasses, wallet, etc) around the driver's seat is ridiculously sparse. The spare tire well would have been a good place for a tray to store jumper cables, emergency equipment. However, the entire area is unfinished. An SUV is all about hauling stuff so I find the lack of storage options annoying. The factory nav is not impressive and doesn't have very nice graphics. I use Android Auto which is relegated to a small subwindow at the bottom of the screen (tiny!). The more notable downside is that the vehicle dynamics are not great. The ride is a bit stiff - not harsh enough to be uncomfortable but also below the German (and US) competition. It doesn't compare to my Lincoln MKX - not called a Nautilus - which is only a tad bigger. The handling is also so-so. Its top heavy, and plows in cornering. It is much smaller than my Lincoln was but probably not as nimble as that vehicle overall. It definitely does not handle as well as close competitors like the Acura RDX, BMW X3, and Audi Q5. The engine can be a bit buzzy and there is some hesitation off the line. Bottom line, with this vehicle you are giving up handling chops and ride comfort for interior fit and finish, tech features, styling, visibility, and best in the class seating. Are the trade offs worth it? For me, yes. But, this is not a perfect vehicle and lags behind the class leaders dynamically. If you want a more sporty vehicle and don't mind not being able to see out the rear window - I'd take a look at the RDX. The X3 and Q5 are also nice but both neither are particularly comfortable vehicles and the interior quality is way below Volvo.

Very nice vehicle - happy to join the Volvo family

We like the features this car has, the power, and package (size). We drove several other brands and cars and found this one to fit us the best. It isn't too big or too small. It has great features and plenty of power (we opted for the T6, which has a bit more power).

Loving it

The car met ll the expectations I need for a car the finish was great heated seats for every seats quiet drive. The leather has nice trims. Overall its perfect