CARS.COM — Monday was the equinox — but not the Chevrolet kind. The vernal equinox, aka the first day of spring, marks a time of renewal: new flowers, new beginnings and maybe even a new car. So, as your spring car shopping shifts into full bloom, here are some things you oughta know:
Related: More Car-Buying News
What car should I buy? That depends on a lot of factors, but our reviews can help. Check out our take on some of the hottest sellers:
- Pickup trucks: GMC Canyon Denali
- SUVs: Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Equinox
- Family sedans: Kia Forte, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic
- Fuel sippers: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
- Sports cars: Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
Which cars have the best deals right now? Check out our top deals for March. As always, your discounts may vary, so check with your dealer for specifics.
- Discount-heavy SUVs include the Nissan Murano, Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Patriot.
- If you're shopping family sedans, big incentives exist on the Camry, Altima and Ford Fusion. Or check out the Nissan Maxima, a more-upscale alternative with significant deals this month.
- For something more affordable, compact sedans such as the Corolla and Nissan Sentra have factory incentives, too.
How much can I afford? Read our primer.
Should I finance, lease or pay cash? That depends, but this might help you decide.
Anything I shouldn't do when I'm at the dealer? Yep. Avoid these pitfalls.
Should I get an extended warranty? That depends. Here's what you need to know.
How do I sell or trade in my old car? Learn how to prep your car before you sell it to a dealer, how to trade it in and how to deal with taxes and other considerations. If you still owe money on your old car, read this. Finally, if you want to sell it private party, here's how to create the picture-perfect ad and how to seal the deal.