2020 Explorer

2020 Ford Explorer

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2020 Ford Explorer?

This is our fourth and best Explorer

by Jim25 from holley on Tue Feb 11 2020

Having read some of the negative reviews about the revised 2020 explorer we decided to test drive one and decided that as usual you can't believe the reviews. We purchased a 2020 XLT with the 2.3 4 cylinder and are impressed with the comfort, performance and fuel economy of this vehicle.

Range Rover w/o the Price Tag

by R-che from DFW TX on Wed Nov 06 2019

Great new wheels up design. Competes and beats all other 3 row mid sized SUV models. Best in class 3 row seating flexibility with ample additional behind rear seat storage. Nice leather and trim and interior style package on the Platinum interior choices. Great..and I mean great...electronic and technology adds to the already good Ford safety and convenience package. 360 camera and all the latest lane, spacing and cruise control features. Self parking feature is a BIG wow. Messaging power front seats are as good as you can find...consider sitting in the car to just relieve back stress!! This model is a real value compared to its class...fully loaded at ~$60k is the proof.

I've always had Fords. This is my first new one

by Cheryl from Marietta, Georgia on Tue Sep 17 2019

The looks are sporty, very comfortable and roomy. Good gas mileage. The features are user friendly. Rides smooth. I've always owned Fords and have always been reliable vehicles for many years.

3rd Explorer and 8th Ford owned in past 12 years

by Matelot from LAS VEGAS, NV on Wed Jan 15 2020

Overall a superb vehicle which meets all my family needs, excellent styling both externally and internally. I particularly like the new rear seat configuration, rear wheel drive and standard turbo charged 2.3 ltr engine, all new for 2020.

LOVE the 2020 Ford Explorer

by Angie from Lima, Ohio on Tue Nov 12 2019

I love my new Ford Explorer. It is small enough for just me when driving back and forth to work but also roomy enough to transport my family. I LOVE the exterior and interior of the vehicle.

Beautiful SUV and safe!

by ErikaS from Point Pleasant NJ on Tue Dec 17 2019

The new 2020 explorer is amazing! It has every feature you’d want in an SUV and it’s incredibly safe. I was able to test drive it and when I did I knew I needed to have it.

Makes a better couch than a car.

by MsMoreAgain from Plymouth, MN on Thu Aug 13 2020

It’s pretty..... It’s comfy....but it makes a better couch than a car. I’ve never had so many mechanical problems with a new car. Shocks went out less than 6 months after purchase and I am a suburbanite...haven’t exactly been taking it off of sweet jumps or anything! Grocery store runs shouldn’t break shocks. Dealership is a mess. I’ve seen better communication in place at Walmart. The tech is glitchy. 4-5 times the touch screen has locked up and stayed locked on an all blue non responsive screen. Restarting the car (like a computer???idk) does nothing. After a few days it will come back on. Heating and air component controls for 2nd row loose when pressed. Shoddy construction. Now the actual review, the one I could have left if Ford wasn’t sticking American consumers with ripoffs shaped like cars: Clean lines, comfortable interior, great moon roof. Family memory type car. Roomy for passengers. 3rd row is small but workable. Quiet inside, really keeps the road out. Punchy acceleration- I never feel like “maybe if I lean forward it will go faster” when trying to get on the highway. Gas mileage is good given the size and power. You almost did it Ford. Almost. This import-only girl almost had a favorite American made car. Ditching it at personal expense to save the time I would ultimately have had to spend sitting in the ford dealership, forlorn on sticky pleather chairs soaked in smells of Nicorette, cigarette smoke, and complacency.

Does not recommend this car!!

Overpriced piece of junk

by Bought a lemon from Kingman AZ on Mon Sep 14 2020

I bought the new 2020 explorer as a family car. Worst mistake ever. Looks nice on the outside but drives horribly. The transmission jerks and lunges while driving. It is scary and completely unsafe. No sensors seem to work on my vehicle correctly. It blew the intercooler and never threw a code. The seats are cheap and extremely uncomfortable compared to the real leather I traded in. The car consistently has electronic issues. The dealerships will just reset the computer and send you on your way. The gas mileage is a complete lie! I get 18MPG my 6.0 V8 and my 6cyl. got better gas mileage the ride is loud and bumpy. The interior is very cheap.

Does not recommend this car!!

I just love it, all the new options & remote start

by Robyn daycare provider from Belchertown, MA on Thu Feb 20 2020

Met all my needs and then some, love the lane assist, back up camera, remote start, powered seats, key less start, coded unlocking, connect to Google, larger screen, the roomy inside and the nice black interior. Awesome!

2020 Ford Explorer Platinum

by APPA Ford from Denver, CO on Sun Apr 12 2020

I purchased my second Ford Explorer in March 2020. My first Explorer was a brand new 2002 base model (XLS) with all-wheel drive. I upgrade from the old explorer to this 2020 Explorer, which is a huge upgrade. I recently drove for 2 hours north on I-25 from Denver the Cheyenne and averaged 26 mpg (displayed on trip computer). The technology integration works seamlessly which makes driving easy and effortless. I drove my daughter’s 2019 Honda CRV and the driving aid technology was second hand rate. I don’t think it as real driving as the Explorer. I think these new driving aids as baby steps towards the Tesla total auto pilot. The things I appreciate in my 2020 Explorer is the self-parking 2.0, the Co-pilot 360 plus, massage seats (in both driver and passenger seat) with heated and ventilated cooled seats, the huge panorama vista sun roof, power folding mirrors, door code access keypad, keyless entry, push button start, and remote start from both my smart phone and key fob, 360 view camera with wash function, front and rear parking sensors and the famous kick motion tailgate open feature (keep in mind the kick motion to open the tailgate only works if you have the key fob on you while you’re standing near the tailgate). But the most important feature for me and the must have option was the second-row Bench seat. I may have liked the second-row captain chairs but I needed the extra middle seat for that 7th passenger. I hate the idea that Ford made it an extra paying option for the 2nd row-bench seat. Driving the 2020 explorer is quite and smooth. My younger days of driving old and rough around the edge cars are over. The main reason for getting his car was for road trips, carrying large loads from home depot, and hauling extended family to special events. My daily drive car is the ford focus because my commute is about 50 miles a day. Can’t wait for your next planned road trip to see children on east coast (and hopefully in the future grandchildren). I don’t mind the engine stop/start feature as it works great when at a stoplight. The engine turns back on quick and smoothly as soon as you let your foot off the brake; but I can always disable this feature when I need to. For example, I don’t want the engine turning off when I trying to park the vehicle in the tight parking space of my garage. The driving aid as part of the co-pilot plus has the lane keep and lane centering. I notice that lane centering only works when the adaptive cruise control is active; The Brake-hold feature is great too (allowing you take your foot off the brake when at a stop light). The 10 inch center info screen has some lag and occasionally freezes. I hope Ford fixes that soon with software updates, but my guess is that is the hardware that runs the software maybe the issue. The 10 inch screen could use better use of the screen management and allow for more customization, but I’m thinking the hardware with software limits that. Having said that, I still think the 10 inch screen is better than the smaller 8 inch version. The WI-FI Hotspot access while on the road is a nice to have. I’m thinking this is only good for long road trips or if a passenger is using the iPad to surf the web or watch Netflix/YouTube videos. I believe the unlimited data package for the Wi-Fi is only $20.00/mon through AT&T. I’m guessing some people may opt out of using this feature since just about everyone I know already have unlimited data on their phones. I think some cell carrier allow customers to turn their phones into hot spots for access to internet. Having the Ford pass app on my phone allows me remote start engine, locate the car on a map, and remote lock and unlock the doors. I see this app as an extension of the key fob (which the key fob only works a certain limited distance from the car). I have read several other Ford owner’s reviews of the new 2020 Explorer transmission issues and had me concerned. I have driven my car over 500 miles in both slow speed and highway speed, and I can say the transmission runs smoothly and without hesitation. I don’t notice the gear shifting while driving. I’m guessing the vehicles that were made during the troubled initial launch (June through October 2019) with known quality issues that ford admits, is where most of the complaint started coming from. Therefore, I opted for the larger V-6 engine over the small 4 cylinder and believe that the 10-speed transmission mated with the larger engine work flawl

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18