2001 Ford F-150 consumer reviews

side view of 2001 F-150 Ford
Explore the 2001 Ford F-150
Shop the 2001 Ford F-150

2001 Ford Lightning fast & fun

The 2001 SVT Build # 4341 Ford Lightning are still amazing looking trucks and a blast to drive. Can't be disappointed with Lightning they will always leave you smiling and always fun to just drive. Mines highly modified 752hp and there Value just keeps jumping up.

The best best truck I ever own

This bar none is the best truck I ever owned when I got it new in 2000 I thought I didn’t get a great deal I just wanted the truck badly anyway I got all and of my money worth I have over 270000 miles on it still running strong and a/c blows cold It still my everyday driver it’s retired from work like me so we will keep going slow and easy

Most reliable truck I've owned

This truck met all my needs and is so reliable. It never left me stranded. Runs true and smooth. Best color on the market. Traveled throughout the US with confidence. Has been maintained always with recent parts and accessories. Great for every day driver or that teen that just started driving.

I just love my truck

The truck I purchased is fantastic. I really enjoy driving it. The people at this dealer ship really care that you are HAPPY customer, from the GM to the service are fantastic

Best vehicle, period, I have ever owned.

I pull a 9-ton boat, 10.4 x 36' with ease and have no problems at all, twin 300HP engines, 310 gallons of fuel 80 gallons of water, etc, etc. Hills are no problems either. I keep the speed at 60 mph on the highways and get 7-8 MPG. The boat gets 0.7 MPG. I use 4x4 launching and retrieving, for safety reasons and some of the ramps are extremely steep and it pulls the boat out loaded with 8 friends, gear, 100 lbs of ice and plenty of fish. I I don't think any other truck could come close with the demands I ask of it. My truck has 294,751 miles and runs like the day I bought it. Am I happy? You better believe it. I keep it looking brand new and perform all maintenance without fail. I think meticulous maintenance is the key to longevity and reliability but most importantly, it's a FORD, 5.4, KR. with all towing features by Ford. No aftermarket parts are installed. Ford, 100%.

4.3

One of the best trucks I’ve owned

I bought my 2001 F-150 about 6 months ago. It had around 164k when I got it now it’s over 170k, nothing but reliability since. I bought the truck with a full service history dating back to 2006 and a partial dating the entire life of the truck. And you get what you pay for if you maintain the truck. Since owning it all I’ve done is routine maintenance, namely oil changes. The coils and plugs need to be changed now and I had a AC line develop a leak, but they are the original factory parts. The truck still fires right up and drives where I need to go. She ain’t the prettiest thing on the road but not the ugliest. The interior has held up well over the years and still looks good for its age showing minimal wear. This is my second ford truck with over 150,000 miles and now I’m a ford truck only guy, my first was a 1997 ranger. My last GM developed a tick at 55k and threw 2 rods. Not the case with the fords I’ve had. I would recommend a good used ford truck any day of the week.

4.3

Reliable Truck

This truck has been a great daily driver for my son. It would be a great addition for anyone needing a daily driver or work truck.

3.9

NON SMOKER

Heavy duty with style. Lots of room and some storage. Looks good and was reliable. Never got stuck in snow. Great power when needed. Gas milage is poor!

2.0

I cant believe that this truck has this many issue

I seriously think that there shouldve been a recall on this transmission. I have heard over 100 horror stories about how the truck keeps loosing either all forward gears or reverse due to a faulty forward clutches drum. Im currently in the process of changing mine out. I bought this truck about a month ago and as soon as i got it home bam theres all forward movement. It goes reverse just fine. Its cost me a lot of money to try and fix and I havent even gotten the trans out yet. I made a dumb mistake of buying the truck "AS IS", because I feel as if I got screwed pretty bad.

Let's get away sort of car

This truck is my all around grocery shopping vehicle 4x4 go to the supermarket on top of a mountain or camping on the beach. And gentle enough as a family car if you can call it that's...