2001 Ford F-150 consumer reviews

side view of 2001 F-150 Ford
Explore the 2001 F-150 Ford
Shop the 2001 F-150 Ford

Won't disappoint you

This truck can handle almost any job you put in its path. I have owned one for over 6 years and I haven't had one problem with it since. It is a great buy.

4.3

I chose right

Purchased this truck new and have had only one problem, the fuel pump which was warranty covered. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It shows use but I can't complain about it having had it for 17 years and other than normal maintenance been a super purchase.

Eat truck I ever owned!

Very strong reliable engine never left me stranded and transmission still runs well after 295k miles!

3.7

Alright truck

A lot depends on how a vehicle was maintained. Unfortunately, the F150 Supercrew I bought was not maintained the best, leading me to have to do a lot of repairs (alternator, ball joints, shocks, tie rod ends, sway bar links, brakes). The 4.6L is a very reliable motor in itself. Though it is lacking on power. In regards to the vehicle itself, the paint is in decent shape (no peeling/fade), the rear is roomy (supercrew), the truck bed is shaped weird, making purchasing a toolbox for it very difficult (I miss my long bed), interior is holding up nicely except for the paint on the dash, which is pretty common in these trucks im seeing. Overall, if you can get one that was maintained well and you don't have a need for fast acceleration or towing big loads (mine can barely tow my 6000 lb travel trailer) you should enjoy it. You are able to find them relatively cheap now a days.

3.1

Most reliable car i have owned. Gets me places

Get me from point A to point B. It gives me plenty of leg room, I'm not cramped. It performs excellently for being an old model

3.9

Reliable

Good truck with dependable reliability. Average fuel economy with the 4.6 also fun to drive with a 5 spd manual trans.

4.1

A good work truck

This is a good work truck. Starts and runs great! I have owned it for some years and there was no issue at all.

Great vehicle for a great price.

Very depedable, nice looking truck. Safe enough to get my grandson back and forth to his Dr. Appointments 80 miles away one way. Im very glad I purchased it.

Best truck I've owned

bought used in 2005....other than regular maintenance has never had anything go wrong. Still get 23 mpg. Comfortable and awesome on long trips. Haul our Big Foot single axle fifth wheel with and literally don't know it's there.

3.9

A Jack-of-All-Trades Vehicle

I had an F-150 SuperCrew model, and it fit every situation I needed...family vehicle, daily driver, off road, towing, and anything else I could think of. I had that truck for 13 years and had zero issues. Probably the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.