2001 Ford F-150 consumer reviews

side view of 2001 F-150 Ford
Explore the 2001 Ford F-150
Shop the 2001 Ford F-150

I called my truck Bruce Willis cause its 'Unbreaka

Although this is an older model, this truck has been great for day one. Very dependable, always performed as needed, and proven to be 'Ford Tough.' I recently bought a new 2016 F150 because it reminded me of Bruce.

Wish I still had it.

Solid truck. Only sold it after i took a job with an hour commute and gas was at $4/gallon. In hindsight, I should of kept it and bought the commuter car.

4.3

Great truck with a few quirks

Once you get the quirks fixed, this truck is fabulous. Mines running great and looks good with over 200,000 miles! !

love the truck

I love this truck it is just too tall for me, I watch my grandbaby & the truck is lifted so makes it harder to put him in his carseat

4.1

Ford build a great truck

I have had this truck for about 12 years and not one problem. Giving it it's proper maintenance. It has over 150,000 miles and it's still going strong.

3.9

very good truck

the most amazing truck I have ever bought . it does what its built for. It has a lot of miles on it but it still runs strong.

2.3

Worst truck ever.

My father owned a 2001 with the 5.4L Triton. Just about the worse truck ever. Not comfortable. 5.4L motor has a hard time towing. Gas mileage was not very good. Motor blew at 70,000 miles no warning. Because of Ford and their stupid warranties, they said my father abused the truck voiding the warranty so he had to pay the $5,000 to rebuild it. Transmission blew a couple thousand miles later. Worst truck he ever owned. Do not buy these trucks! You will regret it!

Great truck throughout the years

Had this truck since about 2004 and put about 100,000 miles on it and it's still strong. It now has about 250,000. Nothing has every been done to engine, only regular services, oil, etc. Great truck overall. The 5.4 Triton with a nice exhaust system makes it sound so much better.

2.3

What a bland wast of metal

These trucks are stiff, boring, moderate for off road performance and get aweful mileage! I traded my F150 for an 04 Avalanche. My Chevy is far more comfortable! has way more get up and go and looks so much better! I was raised as a Ford lover but after owning both these trucks I am now a Chevy Man, if my Father disowns me so be it! My Ford was always breaking, and it sucked gas like crazy! 15mpg at best where my avalnche gets up to 20Mpg and its more powerful than a Ford. Go get any other truck on earth! there's a reason the military uses mainly GM vehicles!

Great Truck

I bought this truck used in August 2012. It had about 228,000 km on it. I am now at 246,000 km. The engine is a 4.6L and is great on gas for a pickup. If you tow anything, fuel economy drops dramatically as does the power. Expect to fuel up every two hours of towing. It handles well on the highway. With the 4 door, I found great for getting our toddler in and out of the car seat. Lots of room for family. I took this out hunting last year as well in the fall, and I found it comfortable on the back roads. Best of all, no payments! You can find these used for minimal money and as long as the maintenance has been done, you should get years of use.