What Is the 2021 Lexus UX?
The Lexus UX is a five-seat subcompact luxury SUV offered in gas-only UX 200 and gas-electric hybrid UX 250h forms. The UX 200 comes with front-wheel drive, while the UX 250h has all-wheel drive. Competitors include the Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class.
What’s New on the 2021 Lexus UX?
Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert is now standard.
What Features in the 2021 Lexus UX Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- LED headlights and taillights
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning with steering assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Available features include:
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Foot-activated power liftgate
- Power moonroof
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Navigation with 10.3-inch screen
- Wireless device charging
- Head-up display
- Rear automatic braking
Should I Buy the 2021 Lexus UX?
The UX’s standard safety features are a highlight, but this is a small SUV; getting five people aboard will be a squeeze. The cargo area is small, too. The two available drivetrains are in no way bristling with power, but both the UX 200 and the UX 250h have great EPA-estimated gas mileage. The frustrating touchpad-based multimedia interface may be a deal-breaker for some shoppers.