What Is the 2022 Lexus UX?
The Lexus UX is a five-seat subcompact luxury SUV offered in gas-only UX 200 and gas-electric hybrid UX 250h forms. The front-wheel-drive UX 200 has a 169-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, and the UX 250h makes 181 hp and has all-wheel drive. Competitors include the Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class. The UX 250h offers 9.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind its backseat, according to Cars.com’s cargo measurements.
What’s New on the 2022 Lexus UX?
There are no significant changes this year.
What Features in the 2022 Lexus UX Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- LED headlights and taillights
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning with steering assist
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Available features include:
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Foot-activated power liftgate
- Power moonroof
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Navigation with 10.3-inch screen
- Wireless device charging
- Head-up display
- Rear automatic braking
Should I Buy the 2022 Lexus UX?
The UX’s standard safety features are a highlight, but this is a small SUV; getting five people aboard will be a squeeze. The cargo area is small, too. The two available drivetrains are in no way bristling with power, but both the UX 200 and the UX 250h have great EPA-estimated gas mileage. The frustrating touchpad-based multimedia interface may be a deal-breaker for some shoppers.