2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2007 Toyota Yaris
4.5
Average based on 81 reviews

Well it's a noisy little thing but

by from Savannah, GA on June 22, 2010

mileage is excellent, people tell me it's cute, and it's just homely enough that I don't mind letting the dog take over the passenger seat. This was my first used (sorry, 'pre loved') car and first not-a-Honda in a couple of decades. The price was right with low mileage and some time left on the warranty at the time of purchase. All things considered, it's been a fine little car for the money. As recall notices go, especially where Toyota is involved, the one I received last year was practically a love letter: some (flammable?) sound insulation had to be removed from the pillar. The Yaris was noisy to begin with. Minus the insulation, it's so loud at highway speeds that the music volume has to be set to Eleven. The rattles and wind noise are nature's way of reminding me I need to find a job. Even with just the dog and me, I miss the cargo space that I enjoyed with my old Honda CRX and later Honda Civic Coupe. I wonder how my 3-door Yaris compares to the Yaris 5-door and Honda Fit in this regard. You can have your power door locks and keyless entry, but the one frill I do miss with this very basic-model Yaris is seat-position memory. It's rather a pain having to reset the seat-back every time I flip it forward to stash a bag of groceries. In the Plus column - along with exceptional fuel efficiency - are the tight turning radius/easy parking; lots of odd but useful little storage bins and crannies in which to lose one's accumulated stuff; an accessory outlet for my ipod or Bill Gates' MP3 player; and fast, polite service at my local Toyota dealership. It's not my dream car or yours, but if you are also among America's long-term middle-aged unemployed and can snag a used Yaris with low miles, go for it.

GREAT CAR!

by from Franklinville, NY on May 4, 2010

My family of 4 bought our Yaris a couple of months ago. We bought it for the fuel economy. We are currently getting 36mpg around town which is twice what we were getting with our Caravan. I love the dash design with the gauges in the middle like the Saturn Ion. We took it to Florida a couple of weeks ago and put on about 3,000 miles. It handles a little loose in windy conditions and we didn't get anything more than 36mpg when we checked on the highway but it was a comfortable ride. Not to mention that the price was right.--A couple of thousand dollars cheaper than the Camry and still a great ride. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Smooth Ride

by from Sterling, Virginia on April 15, 2010

I bought my 2007 Yaris in December 2009 the car had 21,500 miles, I have had it for 4 months now and the ride is amazingly smooth for a small car. It is very economical on gas, and very responsive for having such small engine. The only inconvenience at the beginning was having the tachometer and gauges on the center. I would highly recommend it to any one, it is a lot of car for the money.

Toyota yaris

by from Boston on May 15, 2011

Excellent for committee or city parking. This car has tremendous fuel economy. This isn't a car for those seeking luxury status.

Great L'il car!

by from Yacolt, Wa on August 15, 2010

EXCELLENT gas mileage, especially on road trips, even w/ AC!! Only probs: prominent road noise in cabin & difficult to retrieve things that have slid under the seat.

Yuri the Yaris

by from Alaska on June 19, 2012

I love my Yuri. (My friends named him... I promise!) i bought him in Wisconsin and used him to travel around the state visiting family and the seven mile trip to work, school, home, groceries... The fuel efficiency is great. I drove from Madison to Indianapolis and from Madison to Elsah, IL both on one tank. Last month, I loaded him up and drove to Alaska. Sleeping became a little complicated as I couldn't recline my seat, but he was a trooper climbing the mountains while loaded with my stuff. MPG went down a little, but I found I could still drive over 300 miles to the tank. The heat warms up quickly. The air cools off quickly. I love the extra little storage spaces. I love the turning radius (great for turning around when parked on the neighborhood street!). My six foot tall father is comforatable in the backseat, though he says he can feel everything during the trip as it sits on the wheel base. My only regret with a two door car is not being able to open the back windows when it's a beautiful day. It takes longer to circulate the air. The controls in the middle takes some getting used to but as another reviewer said, now it is awkward when driving another car with the controls in front of me. I love everything about my Yuri!

very dependable

by from San Diego on June 15, 2010

I have had this car since sept. '09 and have done just the regular maint. on this car and it has been a great car. I use this car to del. newspaper 365 days a year and haven't had any problems. The car has 65k miles with the same factory brakes!! A great daily driver but the brakes need to be upgraded they don't have great stopping power.

Great Car!

by from Miami Beach, FL on September 17, 2010

A terrific car. Comfortable, easy to manuever, excellent gas mileage, and nice interior. Also, as reliable as a car can be, and extremely inexpensive parts. Highly recommended.

good at what it is-hatchback

by from burbs of chicago on May 12, 2010

very fuel efficient car-perfect for running your errands. has nice pep,cheap price and reliable. not very comfy for longer rides-like the back seat folds down and hauls lots of stuff.

Nothing on the road looks as good as my Yaris!!!

by from Arlington, Texas on March 11, 2008

I traded a '07 Toyota Corolla in with only 3000 miles on it for my '08 Yaris. I'm 51 and when hatchbacks entered the U.S., they were true hatchbacks with only two doors. Thank goodness Toyota didn't try to force four doors into this great looking auto. I absolutely love my Yaris. 6 airbags, anti-lock brakes, power everything. Be prepared to meet a lot of people when you park your Yaris. Everyone wants to know more about the Yaris. I have been approached by drivers in Mercedes, SUVs, Minis, Trucks, and other gas guzzlers. Everyone loves the look of the Yaris and when they ask me about the gas mileage I simply tell them that I have owned my Yaris since November of 2007 and haven't filled it up yet!!!