2007 Yaris

4.3 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Well it's a noisy little thing but

by Hot Flash from Savannah, GA on June 22, 2010

mileage is excellent, people tell me it's cute, and it's just homely enough that I don't mind letting the dog take over the passenger seat. This was my first used (sorry, 'pre loved') car and first not-a-Honda in a couple of decades. The price was right with low mileage and some time left on the warranty at the time of purchase. All things considered, it's been a fine little car for the money. As recall notices go, especially where Toyota is involved, the one I received last year was practically a love letter: some (flammable?) sound insulation had to be removed from the pillar. The Yaris was noisy to begin with. Minus the insulation, it's so loud at highway speeds that the music volume has to be set to Eleven. The rattles and wind noise are nature's way of reminding me I need to find a job. Even with just the dog and me, I miss the cargo space that I enjoyed with my old Honda CRX and later Honda Civic Coupe. I wonder how my 3-door Yaris compares to the Yaris 5-door and Honda Fit in this regard. You can have your power door locks and keyless entry, but the one frill I do miss with this very basic-model Yaris is seat-position memory. It's rather a pain having to reset the seat-back every time I flip it forward to stash a bag of groceries. In the Plus column - along with exceptional fuel efficiency - are the tight turning radius/easy parking; lots of odd but useful little storage bins and crannies in which to lose one's accumulated stuff; an accessory outlet for my ipod or Bill Gates' MP3 player; and fast, polite service at my local Toyota dealership. It's not my dream car or yours, but if you are also among America's long-term middle-aged unemployed and can snag a used Yaris with low miles, go for it.

GREAT CAR!

by PD from Franklinville, NY on May 4, 2010

My family of 4 bought our Yaris a couple of months ago. We bought it for the fuel economy. We are currently getting 36mpg around town which is twice what we were getting with our Caravan. I love the dash design with the gauges in the middle like the Saturn Ion. We took it to Florida a couple of weeks ago and put on about 3,000 miles. It handles a little loose in windy conditions and we didn't get anything more than 36mpg when we checked on the highway but it was a comfortable ride. Not to mention that the price was right.--A couple of thousand dollars cheaper than the Camry and still a great ride. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Smooth Ride

by Ecocar lover from Sterling, Virginia on April 15, 2010

I bought my 2007 Yaris in December 2009 the car had 21,500 miles, I have had it for 4 months now and the ride is amazingly smooth for a small car. It is very economical on gas, and very responsive for having such small engine. The only inconvenience at the beginning was having the tachometer and gauges on the center. I would highly recommend it to any one, it is a lot of car for the money.

Yuri the Yaris

by AK Immigrant from Alaska on June 19, 2012

I love my Yuri. (My friends named him... I promise!) i bought him in Wisconsin and used him to travel around the state visiting family and the seven mile trip to work, school, home, groceries... The fuel efficiency is great. I drove from Madison to Indianapolis and from Madison to Elsah, IL both on one tank. Last month, I loaded him up and drove to Alaska. Sleeping became a little complicated as I couldn't recline my seat, but he was a trooper climbing the mountains while loaded with my stuff. MPG went down a little, but I found I could still drive over 300 miles to the tank. The heat warms up quickly. The air cools off quickly. I love the extra little storage spaces. I love the turning radius (great for turning around when parked on the neighborhood street!). My six foot tall father is comforatable in the backseat, though he says he can feel everything during the trip as it sits on the wheel base. My only regret with a two door car is not being able to open the back windows when it's a beautiful day. It takes longer to circulate the air. The controls in the middle takes some getting used to but as another reviewer said, now it is awkward when driving another car with the controls in front of me. I love everything about my Yuri!

Great Car!

by miamibeachguy from Miami Beach, FL on September 17, 2010

A terrific car. Comfortable, easy to manuever, excellent gas mileage, and nice interior. Also, as reliable as a car can be, and extremely inexpensive parts. Highly recommended.

very dependable

by daily user from San Diego on June 15, 2010

I have had this car since sept. '09 and have done just the regular maint. on this car and it has been a great car. I use this car to del. newspaper 365 days a year and haven't had any problems. The car has 65k miles with the same factory brakes!! A great daily driver but the brakes need to be upgraded they don't have great stopping power.

A Great Little Investment

by Scott from LA County, CA on August 9, 2009

We bought our used (Certified) white 2007 Yaris Sport (manual) with 17,000 for under $13,000 out-the-door (with alarm system) just in time for our epic summer roadtrip from LA to Portland, ME. Our two teenagers came along with us (We're not biggish, but tall; I'm 6'1".), so we were cozy but survived and even thrived our 7,500-mile 18-day trek across the States. On our first leg of the trip to the Grand Canyon we somehow got 43mpg (tailwind?). Our range was between 37-43mpg with 39+mpg being the norm. So, our total for gas was around $500! This little car did very well (smooth, fairly quiet) through traffic (Manhattan!), heavy rains (NE), narrow parking lots/spaces, and the desert winds/heat of the Southwest. The only downside would be power to pass slower vehicles while carrying 4 and all our luggage although downshifting our manual was a big help. I'd buy another one... and I just might although we would like the size of a Sienna for camping/surfing trips. The Yaris is one of a few/two(?) Toyotas which is still manufactured/assembled in Japan, so I am comforted by the JTA-VIN as we approach the 3-year, 36K-mile mark. We love our little Yaris. We're going cheaper, greener, and cleaner with Toyota's legendary reliability, and the white Sport molding with tinted windows gets lots of compliments from all age groups!

GET THE YARIS

by MISS ELLIE ^..^ AND HER CAT OLIVE from ILLINOIS on November 15, 2014

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS USE 100% FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL (EITHER MOBIL 1 OR AMSOIL). USE A LITTLE LUCAS OIL IN THE GAS TANK BEFORE A FILL UP. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE ABSOLUTELY TROUBLE FREE DRIVING AT THE LOWEST COST WHILE YOU SAVE FOR YOUR "DREAM CAR". THIS CAR HAS ALWAYS STARTED (IN MIDWEST WINTERS). I HAVE THE 3-DOOR HATCH BACK. IF YOU DROP THE BACK SEAT, YOU HAVE A ROAD TRIP WAITING TO HAPPEN. WE GOT SKIS IN THERE FOR PETE'S SAKE. NO WORRIES ABOUT THE BARE BONES INTERIOR. LESS TO GO WRONG. NO WORRIES ON THE SLOWER ACCELERATION. SAFE DRIVING IS KEY. JUST RELAX. THIS BABY WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO GO. GREAT LITTLE RIDE FOR THE MONEY. NOW I CAN SAVE FOR MY EXPLORER CONVERSION VAN (MY RETIREMENT ROAD DOG). THE TRUE DOWNSIDE IS WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS DIE AND NEED TO BE REPLACED. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE ENTIRE FRONT END OFF TO CHANGE JUST THE HEAD LAMPS!! PAIN IN THE REAR TO PAY ABOUT $100.00 TO REPLACE THE HEADLAMPS. OTHER THAN THAT...THIS IS THE VEHICLE OF CHOICE FOR COMUTERS, COLLEGE KIDS AND BUDGET MINDED BUYERS. I JUST LOVE IT!!

Love my car

by mcroc from San Luis Obispo, CA on February 2, 2010

Consumer Reports doesn't like this car (they are so wrong!) - they have a thing about the center panel display - I can finally see panels in this car, they are not hidden behind the steering wheel. Even better than my 96 Honda Civic, because I occasionally enjoy AC, i-pod connection to speakers, electric windows. I have 2 door - little hard to get in and out of the back, but no harder than the civic. OK, mpg not better than civic around 33-38 (never seen the 40, but never drive that far highway anymore.

125,000 miles and counting

by dadcss from Michigan on October 29, 2015

Purchased this car new off the lot. Standard except for the added cold weather package which is larger alternator, rear window defrost and larger washer fluid container. Change the oil and filters when the engine light comes on, keep synthetic in it. At 125K miles the exhaust gasket at the front will fall apart. It is a quick easy fix for any mechanic. Look to u-tube for more info. Also look to u-tube to change a headlight bulb, it is easy if you know which body panel pins to remove. Travels very well on the highway, holds its own at 70 mph. Very agile when it is asked to be, I avoided many a fender bender with the quick response. I expect it, like any Toyota, to run me 250K-300K miles. As long as I keep synthetic in it and change those filters.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11