CARS.COM — For many, Easter weekend means a whole lot of bunny hopping and candy shopping. But if you're more inclined to hop to a dealership in the name of car shopping these next few days, prepare yourself with these tips to help make the experience of acquiring your new ride all the sweeter.
Related: More Car-Buying News
What car should I buy? That depends on a lot of factors, but our reviews can help. Check out our recent reviews:
- Pickup trucks: GMC Canyon Denali
- SUVs: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Convertible, Mini Countryman, Mazda CX-5, Volkswagen Atlas
- Family sedans: Volvo S60, BMW 330
- Fuel sippers: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
- Sports cars: Ford Focus RS Vs. Volkswagen Golf R
Which cars have the best deals right now? Check out our top deals for April. As always, your discounts may vary, so check with your dealer for specifics.
- Discount-heavy SUVs include the Nissan Murano, Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Patriot.
- If you're shopping family sedans, big incentives exist on the Camry, Ford Fusion and Nissan Altima. Or check out the Hyundai Sonata, an alternative with significant deals this month that has a looming update on the way.
- For something more affordable, compact sedans such as the Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla have factory incentives, too.
How much can I afford? Read our primer.
Should I finance, lease or pay cash? That depends, but this might help you decide.
Anything I shouldn't do when I'm at the dealer? Yep. Avoid these pitfalls.
Should I get an extended warranty? That depends. Here's what you need to know.
How do I sell or trade in my old car? Learn how to prep your car before you sell it to a dealer, how to trade it in and how to deal with taxes and other considerations. If you still owe money on your old car, read this. Finally, if you want to sell it private party, here's how to create the picture-perfect ad and how to seal the deal.