2016 Kia Optima Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Optima Hybrid Kia
Explore the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid
Shop the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid

Comfort and reliability

You won't know you're driving a hybrid. This car accelerates well, is comfortable to drive and has a nice feeling ride. Roomy interior with good visibility. Gets great gas mileage and is rated for low emissions so it's good for the environment. Back seat is roomy enough for adults.

Love our Optima

This car packs a ton of features into a very good value price point. Heated and cooled seats, front and back. sun roof for the front seat complemented by a moon roof for the back seat!

4.4

Great fuel economy

This is a comfortable car to drive. Better performance from a hybrid than I expected. Gets great mileage, about 39 mpg.

1.9

25 MPG on a hybrid?

Love the look, interior is decent I have the ex with the bells and whistles but USB doesn't recognize cords or allow UVO services to upload. No dealership or corporate support in resolving the 25mpg issue over a month of waiting

Great car

This car is a really good car for the money. While it doesn't have as much interior space as my Altima, it gets great gas mileage (being a hybrid), which is why I bought it. The styling is great, and the hybrid part of it is so flawlessly integrated into the design that you don't have to do anything. The one negative I have is that there's a very noticeable lag between the time you press down on the gas and the time the car finally reacts, which is about 1 second. This doesn't seem like much but when you're trying to pass someone it becomes somewhat annoying.

First Hybrid

First hybrid that I have ever driven. I was worried about accelerating from a stop while on battery only, but it's so smooth and seamless. Gas mileage is awesome and it looks great too.

Kia Optima EX hybrid

We previously had a 2013 Kia Optima LX hybrid and really wanted to have the navigation panel; so in 2016 we purchased the higher end model EX hybrid. It has many safety features and is comfortable car to sit in and just his week I was in the hospital for severe back pain and this is the only seat I found comfortable to sit in with no back spasms. We also just purchased the new 2017 Kia Niro Hybrid, as our primary car that we haven't driven that much (less than 100m miles) secondary to my going into the hospital and recuperating. But the additional safety features and being a little higher and easier to get into, was why we purchased it and I will review it after we have driven out a few hundred miles.

Fancy

Beautiful car and what we used to pay for gas makes the payments. It's a no brainer. Way nicer than the Prius!