2008 Saturn Outlook consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Outlook Saturn
Explore the 2008 Saturn Outlook
Shop the 2008 Saturn Outlook
3.9

Never again another hole in the roof.

Nice driving vehicle. This model had a power sun roof and a moon roof. I will never own another vehicle with a hole in the roof! We had constant problems with water leaks that resulted in other electrical problems.

4.3

Very nicer

The car did drive great It had good handling I like the steering. I prefer one with lower mileage but heard to find.

Family Space Shuttle

Two years ago my search of the auto market showed that the Saturn Outlook had no love, meaning high depreciation, and a majority of current owners loving their purchase. The best deals were on '08-'09 FWD. I hunted XRs and found a loaded XR; roof, DVD, + with 56k miles. To date 30k miles later I've had to add $500 for maintenance; battery, brakes, control rod, and H20 pump. I do my own service. H20 pump can cost $700 @ a dealership. This car has plenty of room for my 6foot + family. Ride is a little cloud like when fully loaded at highway speed, but the passengers seem to like that. 275 HP keeps you motorvated, and expect good mpg, 17 in the mountains 24 in the flats. Change your oil!

Best car I've owned!

This is a great family car! Same body as the GMC Acadia but it was much less expensive to buy used because they stopped making them. Lots of room for our family, friends & moving things around in. Love the comfort & reliability. Sits up high, rough & rugged but lots of amenities & comfort!

Outlook delivers

Everything we wanted in an SUV. Only negative is gas mileage but not terrible given size of vehicle.

4.3

2008 Saturn Outlook

This is a very comfortable ride with plenty of features and power for acceleration. You can drive it daily and be comfortable or take the family on road trips and have plenty of room for everyone.

3.3

Don't buy this vehicle!

I bought my 2008 Outlook in 2014, after my 2003 Saturn Vue needed too many repairs. I took one look at the Outlook and loved it. Test drove it, and loved it even more. About 3 months after owning it I noticed that there was water on the passenger floorboard, after a hard rain. Talked to the dealer I bought it from and they replaced the windshield. Well, that didn't fix the leaking. As time went on, it would leak more and more, not just in heavy downpours. I read some reviews, trying to find out what was going on, and found out that the 2007-2010 Saturn Outlook has a major design issue that causes the drains from the sun roofs to not allow the water to run off efficiently enough. So, the water leaks inside the passenger dash. My batter had water around it from the leaking. The fuses are right behind the glove box and, well, just like I had read, my vehicle quit working completely. Apparently the fuse box will corrode from all the water and need replacing. LOVED my VUE, but not the Outlook!

Excellent Used Vehicle

I purchased this vehicle in 2011, an "End of Lease". Other that regular maintenance, only the power steering (UNDER WARRANTY) has been repaired.

I realy love my Outlook XR

I purchased this vehicle from an "End of Lease" inventory. The only issue I had was the power steering, which has been repaired on an Extended Warranty Plan. Power, luxury, space, and super reliablity. I have this "Used Car" for four years now, and NO PROBLEM!

Love this vehicle!

I have only had this vehicle about 5 weeks, but so far so good. This truck rides real nice, like new, not six years old. (It's a 2008) Love the seating for eight. The gas mileage is pretty good for such a large vehicle. Have only one issue that the dealer is going to have to fix. The CD player will not play a CD, although the radio works. I did like the radio better in my 2002 Impala that I traded in... This is the only issue. This truck is very easy to drive, visibility is surprisingly good while backing up etc. Hopefully we'll have the kind of experience we've had with our other car, a Saturn SL 2 with 265,000 miles on it.