Skip to main content

• Exterior 4.2
Explore the 2022 Tesla Model Y
Shop the 2022 Tesla Model Y

Performance Model Y

Fantastic vehicle. Comfortable, luxurious and fast. Fits two car seats with ease and plenty of room for the kids and two adults. Ample storage space throughout vehicle, front trunk comes in handy with longer trips. Supercharger network is vast and sprawling. We have driven cross country with zero issues finding chargers or running low on range. The only issues we’ve encountered to date were a leaking trunk (fixed instantly by tesla) and tire wear (21” factory wheels are staggered/can’t be rotated and come with expensive rubber so be prepared to replace them at a shorter interval than normal). The best thing to do is spec the car with smaller diameter wheels (19” wheel = cheaper tires/more selection and better ride quality) or buy a set of 19’s once you get the vehicle. Highly recommend an alignment at regular intervals to prolong tire life.

Shuja

2021 Tesla Model Y Performance - Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Dual Zone Climate Control, Power Steering, Power Mirrors, Wood Trim, Clock, Telescoping Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Sunroof, Moonroof, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, Rear Defogger, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, AM/FM, Leather Interior Surface, Air Conditioned Seats, Aux. Audio Input, Bluetooth, Carpeted Floor Mats, Center Arm Rest, Child Proof Door Locks, Daytime Running Lights, Front AC Seats, Heated Mirrors, Navigation System, Parking Sensors, Power Lift Gate, Rear Heated Seats , Rear Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Reverse Camera, Roll Stability Control, Side Curtain Airbags, Sliding Rear Window, Tire Pressure Monitor, Vanity Mirrors for more: https://craigslist.org

1.0

Worst expensive new car we’ve ever purchased!

We paid more for this vehicle than any vehicle we have ever owned. It had two flat tires within four months of purchase brand new. Apparently they’re special tires that cost $500 each. My wife was left stranded downtown TWICE as I travel a lot and we now have zero confidence that this vehicle will not leave us in the lurch. WORST new car we’ve ever owned! Buyer beware! The guy at Tesla said “yes, The batteries in the model Y are very heavy and that’s why people get a lot of flat tires” There you have it. Other weird things: when you use cruise control every once a while it will beep wildly and slam on the brakes for no apparent reason. I guess it’s for safety but it’s very unsafe. I could go on but I won’t. Just wanted to warn people.

Won't believe it until you own it.

I was a bit hesitant to change to electric, but I can guarantee I will never go back to a gasoline or diesel car. The original decision was due to my gas vehicle costing me too much money. Now having a Model Y. I would recommend to make sure you have a place to charge your vehicle at work or home, no way you could just depend on Supercharging. Well you can, but then you lose the convenience of the electric vehicle. Money savings is not even close to my favorite part of this vehicle. From performance, to smoothness, to balance, to actually saving my life with Autopilot. Later on, I found out its like the second safest car in the world, and then its the most American Made car. I highly recommend it.

Model Y for the win!

I've driven many makes of many cars, nothing comes close so far to the overall experience of Tesla. Negative Aspects: * Tight suspension gives great handling, but you can feel every bump in the road. Double edged sword as its fun to drive, but not on slow, poor quality city roads. * Cabin noise is above average volume. While panel-gap news is overblown, our Model Y does allow for more cabin noise than 'comparable' cars from other companies, most notable at highway speeds. The amazing: * Everything else. * Honestly despite the above points, I love the car and can't imagine buying from any other company in the future. * The acceleration of a sports car in a 5 seat family Crossover (even fully loaded with kids + dog and luggage) * Over the air updates: in 18 months ownership i've had 10+ updates, adding tons of entertainment features (in car games etc.) as well as practical features (side camera activates for turning, improved user interface etc.) and even INCREASING the car's RANGE by 15km/ charge, yes they did that with a software update! * Autopilot and Full-self-drive (beta) feature sets constantly improve. My car was great at lane keeping to start, now it *nearly* drives itself from point a to b without my interventions; stopping at stop signs, completing complex turns across multi traffic lanes, through highway onramp/offramp and yielding for pedestrians or bicyclists. Its insane! * Electric Savings: I pay about CAD $7 to charge up at my house, overnight while i'm sleeping. equivalent in my old Ford Focus at today's pricing is about $75. Its more convenient, and cheaper. *Nil maintenance... no oil changes, no other issues.

Best your money can buy

Have owned a Model Y for 9 months now and it has proven to be a robust workhorse with really cool tech. We don’t multiple road-trips up and down the East coast and used the super charger network extensively. The Long range version has the perfect range. We need breaks sooner than the car requiring a recharge.