The 2011 Jeep Compass goes on sale next month with a starting price of $19,295 (excluding a $700 destination fee), according to Chrysler.
That’s a significant bump from the $15,365 MSRP for the 2010 Compass, but we sort of expected this because the 2011 model features a lot more standard equipment, which includes air conditioning, power windows and locks, heated power side mirrors, keyless entry, fog lamps, cruise control and tinted glass. None of that came standard on the base 2010 Compass.
The Compass is available in three trims this year: base, Latitude and Limited. The Limited trim starts at $24,295 and comes with features such as automatic climate control and leather seats.
The front end of the 2011 Compass has been completely redesigned to look more upscale, like the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. There are standard LED taillamps, new wheel designs and a “Trail Rated” drivetrain, like what’s in the 2011 Jeep Patriot. For more model changeover info, check out our First Look.
Base and Latitude trims come standard with a 158-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 23/29 mpg city/highway with a five-speed manual transmission. On the Limited, there’s a 172-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder that also gets 23/29 mpg.
All models come with antilock brakes, electronic stability control and tire pressure warning. Side curtain airbags are standard, but side front thorax airbags remain a $250 standalone option.
For detailed specifications, continue reading after the jump.
2011 Jeep Compass pricing (2010 pricing)
Compass Base: $19,295 ($15,365)
- Five-speed manual transmission
- Heated power side mirrors
- Fog lamps
- Roof rails
- Rear-window wiper/washer
- Air conditioning
- LED gauge cluster
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Cruise control
- 60/40-split rear bench
- Power windows and locks, keyless entry
- Removable, rechargeable LED flashlight
Compass Latitude: $21,595 ($21,850)
- Continuously variable automatic transmission
- Heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Fold-flat front seat
- 115-volt auxiliary outlet
Compass Limited: $24,295 ($23,385)
- 172-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder
- Automatic climate control
- In-dash vehicle display
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Leather upholstery
- Six-way power driver’s seat
- Six-disc CD charger
- 18-inch aluminum wheels
Destination: $700 ($630)
- Continuously variable automatic transmission (base only): $1,100 (same)
- Four-wheel drive: $1,700 ($1,500)
- Security Group Package: Side thorax airbags, USB port, remote start, Bluetooth connectivity, security alarm, auto-dimming rearview mirror: $1,195 ($985)
- Sun and Sound Package: nine-speaker stereo, powered sunroof: $1,295 (same)
- Media Center Package: 30-gigabyte hard drive, touch-screen display: $640 (base, Latitude), $290 (Limited)
- Navigation System: $685 ($1,200)
- Trail Rated Package: 140-Amp alternator, four-wheel drive off-road mode, brake lock differential, engine oil cooler, fuel tank skid plate shield, full-size spare tire, hill descent control, hill start assist, tow hooks, trailer tow wiring harness: $500 (needs four-wheel drive option)