2011 A3

2011 Audi A3

2011 Audi A3

Have You Driven the 2011 Audi A3?

Got my sporty back

by favoritejin from San Francisco Bay Area on Thu Jun 21 2012

Been a big BMW fan. Went from M3 to 550i. I loved my M3. It was the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. If it wasn't for the stupid rain, I would still have that car. The 550 didn't compare. Granted, the 550 was big, luxurious, and fast (had the sport package), and handled very well. But I just couldn't get over the fact that the 550 was still kind of sluggish compared to the M3. And what gas guzzlers these BMW's are. I was lucky to average 20 mpg on the freeway. And filling up the 18 gallon tank easily cost me $75 per tank. I test drove a 2012 A3 with the sport package and 18" wheels and loved it. I pretty much had the M3 feel back, but so much smoother and quieter, which seems to become more important with age. So I went searching, cause I don't believe in buying new cars. Found a very low mileage 2011 A3, premium plus and the all important and rare Titanium Sport package. Wow, the rare 18" monza wheels are nice, the car grips like crazy, the paddle shifters give you instant passing ability, alcantara leather seats don't get as hot, and the black roof liner gives it a custom touch. It's quiet when you want it to be, yet very powerful and just throaty enough when you step on it. It does have a little bit of turbo lag, but nothing that you can't get used to. And being able to fill up for $40 and go further, yes, well worth it. So enough of the pros, now for the cons (cause nothing is "perfect"). -at night, with headlights on, even stopped, when you open the driver door, the car beeps at you constantly and there is no way to turn it off, annoying -the HID headlight casing reflects a yellowish tint -lower gears shift too early, causing slow starts -car features are not as adjustable as BMW's -empty buttons below the radio are unsightly So the cons are mostly superficial things. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I've gotten a lot of looks in the A3, and I just love driving it. Decision well made.

The best car I've ever owned

by watchlover from San Diego, CA on Wed Jun 26 2019

Trouble free 83000 miles and counting. Have not even replaced the brakes. Surprisingly reliable and extremely fun to drive. It is very refined with smooth ride quality that I was not expecting from a smaller car. Pedal shifters, dual sunroof and buttery smooth 6 gear speed box adds value. Overall meets all my needs as a young professional.

Happy with my choice

by A3 Owner from Roanoke VA on Tue Aug 19 2014

My commute is 90 highway miles per day. I bought the A3 Premium Plus edition because of the upgraded headlights and stereo options. The car averages 42 mpg round trip at 70 mph. It has plenty of power for cruising/passing and is comfortable. Couldn't be happier.

Sensational mileage, neat car!

by northerner from New England on Mon Dec 19 2011

After doing a lot of research, I decided to trade my old Audi A4 for a new Diesel Audi A3 TDI. I love everything about it (except the navigation system). I am getting 40 MPG in city/highway combination and if the car does not have the punch of the Audi A4, it still has a powerful acceleration and super stability. The disappointment comes from the Navigation/music system which takes a bit of learning...However, once this is done I expect everything will be perfect. I love the fact that I only have to fill the tank about every 500 miles or so. I found the price tag very high, however. Because it was the only model in New England with the specifications I needed for the kind of commute I do, there was very little room for negociation.

2011 A3 Premium S-Line TDI is a Joy Ride!!!

by tomcio78pol from Des Plaines, IL on Wed Nov 02 2011

Bought this vehicle in June and enjoy everyday ride! Stylish w/ excellent performance, outrages gas mileage (City 31/ Hwy 42) AVG 35MPG! Not as noisy TDI as I thought. Good interior/exterior design/quality of workmanship. Decent acceleration & excellent handling. Very stable/firm chassis. Huge cargo. Poor front visibility plus not enough leg room for taller drivers. Hard to get in/out for taller/older people. Despite cons, I really love this vehicle. PROS: Gas mileage/Handling/Reliable/Storage CONS: Price/Front Visibility/Compact vehicle

Excellent car

by Belinda from Ottawa on Wed May 30 2018

After test driving it I fall in love with the smooth drive and how comfortable the seat . I knew right away that the car I would like to have . I wish Audi would make a model or two for middle class customers . I was luck to have found this car for a good deal . I looked up on line at all dealers and they were old model with higher price and high km . Love my car which I name My Sonia

Best bang for the buck

by Tythorn50 from Greenville, SC on Wed Jul 22 2020

This TDI has to be one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. The fuel economy is awesome! Even with only 140hp, the car moves just fine, merging on the highway is no problem. Stereo sounds amazing and the dual sunroofs are great. Seats are very comfortable and it looks sporty too!

Would recommend.

by AudiA3TDI from Trumbull, CT on Sat Sep 21 2013

Thanks Gus & Kevin. Good experience with Champagne Motors. Good transaction, they topped the fuel tank & changed the oil too.

20011 A3 TDI

by Roger from Fort Mitchell,Ky on Thu Nov 18 2010

Just under 2900 miles. This car has sport suspension , seats and tires. Handles very nicely the ride firm but not jolting. TDI torque a real pleasure but still breaking in. Best mileage close to 40 and suprisingly higher speeds seemed to deliver better mileage. The GPS is not intuitive and I prefer at this time my old Garmin. Bluetooth and sirius are GREAT on a road trip.No problems with car as yet.

Luxury with fuel economy

by Ex BMW Addict from Dallas, TX on Wed Apr 13 2011

Having driven BMWs for the last twelve years, one an X5 with the sport package and a 335i, both with BMW thirsty engines, it is a wonder to fill-up this beautiful little diesel with fuel on a monthly schedule rather than every ten days. Last September, everyone was lulled into a false sense of comfort with fuel prices but the per gallon price was bound to hike again and it has. My A3 TDI has the Premium Package and it is a pleasure to drive. No cranky warning lights to deal with either since my September purchase.

1 2