2013 A3

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Glad I bought the Diesel

by New to Audi from Washington, DC on December 28, 2012

I've been thinking a lot over the past 6 months about what kind of car I would buy and why according to my lifestyle. I'm single, 32, will probably never have kids but maybe a dog, and will usually only have two passengers at the most. I also love smaller, sporty, fast cars. I've always thought that Audi's look have stood out compared to other cars, but wasn't sure about performance, price, and fuel efficiency until my friend bought the 2012 A3 TDI and told me how great her gas mileage was. That sold me; I get a beautiful car and great gas mileage? OK! I found one close by at a dealer that had everything that I wanted already in tact: bluetooth for hands-free, seat warmers, moon roof (comes with 2!) for light, black on black, titanium wheels, may not be as fast compared to other models because of the diesel engine and a little less horse power but it's fast enough for me, leather interior, xm radio, those amazing head and tail lights and beautiful build, ample trunk room, and did I mention the mpg? I only had to fill the tank once when driving from DC to SC! Where if I were driving in my old volvo or jeep I would have easily filled up twice or even three times. I also love the rain sensitive wipers, so awesome! The more it rains, the faster they go so you can focus on driving. My only concern with the vehicle is the comfort of back passengers since it is a bit of a squeeze back there. But overall, the leather seats are comfortable. And when it comes to parking, again, the small size really helps out. I live in a city where parking can be an issue, and it really lends a hand to that. Oh, and I LOVE the sensory detectors when you back up; the car makes a progressively faster beeping as you back up to warn you as you get closer to something. I wish my A3 came with a GPS, but I have an iphone which I just plug into the console auxiliary.

Best Car I Ever Owned

by LisaB from Redington Shores, FL on March 15, 2018

I can't say enough about this car. I've owned a few luxury cars and this one is by far my favorite. I've owned it for a few years now and it still drives like a dream. Highly, highly recommend this car!

Audi A3 Great Little Car

by TMS from Boston, MA on September 19, 2013

Bought this car in Jersey after seeing it advertised on Cars.com. Just kept policing the site to find the best deal and snapped this car up an hour after it was posted. Awesome car bought it from Paul Miller Audi New Jersey which was a phenomenal experience as we were buying it long distance. They walked us through the whole process which was flawless. Love, love, love this car. Drove the Jetta which was okay, but the Audi handles much better. It is kind of small but we are all tall people it works for those who are under 6' better. Was able to get a 2013 for less than what a 2011 was being marketed for up here in New England with 2x the mileage.

Good car

by MIKEY GAUDI LOVER from Belgium on February 4, 2015

I love this car as it is always reliable. The interior is a bit small, love the high quality finishing/details of the car. Performance is OK.

Good and reliable car

by George from Chicago,IL on July 10, 2013

I like the most the performance of the turbo diesel engine that this car has.Economical and powerful at the same time.

2013 Audi A3 Five Door Hatchback: Last Call!

by VW-Audi Guy from Ithaca, New York on August 26, 2012

I was stunned to see about a dozen 2013 Audi A3 hatchbacks lined up at a nearby Volkswagen-Audi dealership when looking over the selection of VW Golfs, the vehicle I was there to test drive. I was told that there would be no MY13 five door touring style A3's in favor a two new variants: A three door hatchback and A4-like (but smaller) sedan. Neither sounds appealing, especially what I see as a useless three door. The dealer was unable to provide any information on the two upcoming A3 models. Sad, how uniformed salesman can be when selling premium brand cars like Audi. Doing extensive research on my very own, the '13 model year will be the last of the five doors as we know them. The other models will be branded 2014-15 models. In time, there will be a small Audi crossover or "cute ute" to be called Q3, but I cannot wait for this future product and am fearful to think what such a vehicle smaller than the larger and costly Q5 and Q7 would cost when a 2013 Audi A3 can exceed $40,000! I opted for the A3 TDI over the VW Golf and even my 2nd choice, a leftover 2012 loaded Volkswagen GTI sedan, well, another "5 door" -- actually! The Audi is priced high, but they were dealing heavily and the TDI made a lot of sense with rising gas prices and no real difference in price when factoring in the great deal compared to a year old VW. Still, the GTI is a prettier, car, I think. LIKES: Audi reputation, wagon-like cargo area and ample stowage space, AWD option, TDI (mileage, performance, superb handling, cruising range, exclusivity, end of the model run deals), panoramic roof availability, real leather, comprehensive packaging, front seat comfort, S-line trim offering DISLIKES: Harsh ride for some, dated interior and exterior styling, snug accommodations (but livable for a second vehicle and likelihood for my use of being one of two occupants, including driver and no plans of having backseat passengers), steep price before deal, costly options and optional packages, insanely expensive S3 model (look at the more reasonable S-line A3 and save thousands of bucks) SUMMARY: The lame duck year discounts make up for the shortcomings of a costly vehicle with a tight interior, AWD option and TDI availability makes this small Audi a very attractive vehicle, especially when choosing the panoramic roof -- trust me, it brightens up the interior and eliminates the otherwise feeling on claustrophobia ADVICE: Get one before they are all gone! If interested in one, double think the all black interior in favor of a lighter color, for it is dismal looking and HOT in the summertime, even with air conditioning on high 24/7

Fun to Drive and Plenty of Space

by apfaff from daphne, al on July 26, 2017

I've owned everything from American Pick-Ups to Japanese Body on Frame SUVs to High Performance German cars, and the Audi A3 is perhaps the best combination of fun and versatility. Excellent handling, classic German style and simplistic elements make this not only a great car, but as of right now, also a great value. I was able to purchase a 2013 CPO with 18 Months and 50K miles of B2B warranty for less than a used Hyundai. There is an old joke about buying Land Cruisers that when you buy an $80K Land Cruiser, the showroom floor is littered with $20K Carollas, but when I bought a $15K audi, not only was the showroom filled with 90K Q7s, and a brand new R8 Spyder, but they let me test drive an S3 "just for fun." Talk about a great buying experience, and the last month of ownership has been nothing but fun. Handles great, enough power without being obnoxious, and the trunk is more accommodating than our old BMW X1. overall, I with I would have been able to find a QUATTRO version, but they are rare in the southern US, but still overall happy to have the S Tronic transmission and sport package/suspension. Not nearly as rough a ride as reviewers had said. Interior is simply yet elegant, soft touch materials are abundant, and the stereo (as with all audis) is fantastic. Great gas mileage as well. Time will tell about the reliability, but I'm glad I have the warranty.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love it!

by Dodd8 from Provo, Utah on August 7, 2018

This car has been fantastic for any weather condition. It also looks stylish and is super fun to drive. I don't want to sell it, however, I never use it--so financially it does not make sense to keep it. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Best car I've ever owned

by proudnewowner from Cleveland, OH on March 15, 2018

I love the hatchback design and the space and power are exactly what you'd expect from a leading luxury performance brand like Audi. The ride is smooth and grippy, and the power is always readily available.