2009 A4

4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

Very Disappointed

by Mo from Detroit, MI on April 21, 2014

I bought my 2009 A4 new, and it was fine for the first 20,000 miles or so. Since then, nothing but problems. 2 clutch replacements in less than 100,000 miles, fuel injectors replaced, 2 intake manifolds replaced. Repairs are frequent and expensive. Light went out on MMI screen, and was told the whole unit had to be replaced at $1,700. This is the least reliable car I have owned since my 1972 Chevy.

Does not recommend this car!!

A 35 yr old woman's viiew

by Renoir360 from Chicago, IL on April 30, 2010

After owning a small compact car, a mid-size sedan, and finally a small SUV (all practical, fuel-efficient models), I decided to change it up a bit. My friend in California has an Audi and I was amazed at the features on it. I still was a little practical and bought a CPO A4, without most of the bells and whistles most Audi's have, but I have not been disappointed. I am not a car person, per se, but this car is making me one! The number one thing I love about it is the performance. The acceleration and braking are far superior than any of my "practical" cars. It makes me want to drive faster than I normally would and it's so smooth, you might need to watch your speed. It's been refreshing to go around a curve and not worry if my car is going to turn over! And the crash ratings are high, so that was a plus. I used to work in traffic safety, so I am not a crazy driver, but the handling is fun to test. The interior is spacious--especially the back seat--which was more cramped on the earlier models. The trunk is huge. The stereo system is excellent, except I would suggest adding a way to plug in an ipod (maybe it's just my model that doesn't have that option). I really enjoy the internal heating/cooling system. You can set it to auto and it keeps the car cool or warm without having to adjust. That is probably standard for higher end cars, but the first car I have had where I wasn't adjusting all the time. I hate when cup holders are marketed to women, but I have to admit, the cup holders are lacking. The main one is fine--fits all sizes, but the second one fits only a can. You can also put bottles in the side door pockets. Not a big deal when I am alone, but not great with other people in the car. No complaints otherwise. I look forward to driving in this car.

Best in class for many reasons

by 1 Happy Owner from Los Angeles, CA on January 6, 2011

I bought this car new, and after more than 2 years with the car, I can honestly say, it is very close to the perfect car (if the size fits your bill). The balance between comfort and performance is incredible, almost magical. It looks great, drives great, and is very reliable. What's more, Audi stands by their warranties and dealers are very accommodating. Typically a lot of things go wrong with 1st year design models, but to date only 2 things happened... the motor mounts and the fuel pump. Each time the dealer gave me an Audi loaner car while fixing it, and took no longer than 24 hrs. I'm particularly impressed with how flexible the car is in terms of power and efficiency. If you want you can get incredibly high mpg... just drive casually. But if don't care about mpg, put the pedal to the metal and this baby takes the resources it needs to do 0-60 in 6.7 seconds - I proved it myself. If the size is right for you, don't hesitate to buy one of these, you not only won't regret it, but you'll be amazed at the value you get.

1st year of any model, expect issues

by Great car, but not perfect from Los Angeles on March 22, 2010

I have the A4 2.0T Premium Plus. I have 14k miles at the time of writing this review. It is a beautiful car inside and out. It is the fastest (0-60) car in its class by .2 sec. Handling is quite good, but not quite as good as the 3 series (same year). Shifting is a little slow in auto-sport, reasonable in manual-auto. The auto-sport mode does a pretty decent job in down-shifting and keeping the engine in the power curve. Very similar to the Mercedes C300, better than the BMW 328. I drove them all, and thought this one was the best overall, and less expensive to boot. I have to admit I like how everyone looks at the LED driving lights - it looks like an exotic sports car. You can't beat the level of grip, regardless of road condition. Now the ugly. Twice I experienced a transmission malfunction, which cleared when I turned the car off and then back on. I've already had to replace the fuel pump (under warranty). The engine is starting to idle a little rough. This is NOT a long trip car. The ride is decent, but I can not get the seat to not give me back and neck issues. I had the same problem in the BMW. Haven't taken a long trip in the MB. My mom has a '10 IS250 that is much more comfortable - fun to drive, albeit with a little less power than the other 3 I've mentioned. If I had to do it all again, I'd probably get the "inferior" IS250. I think what you gain in comfort and reliability outweighs any loses in performance. You don't need more.

Typically German

by Danger from Chicago on February 16, 2011

I have the wagon, great car, not as good as the Jaguar X-type in snow but not bad. performance is great once the computer catches up, as fast as Civic SI. Mileage as expected 28-30 mpg. Comfortable and German TIGHT after 70,000 miles. Stays in Alignment and has no problems, other than a set of tires. Keep snow out of rims ... You'll know it, feels like totally out of balance. Great Ski car!

Audi 2009 , New Feel, Great Drive

by mr7642 from Phila, Pa on January 6, 2009

The new basic Audi Quattro 2.0 is a great car with its basic equiptment alone. Seating is very comfortable with all the features within easy reach. Bluetooth was a snap to set up and very convenient. I carefully considered some of the optional packages but did not let spur of the moment decisions take over my better judgement. (See standard equiptment)... Power heat seats , good sound system, power sunroof, were the main features I wanted. I have portable GPS that adapts perfectly, and use this in my other car also, and a great stereo system in my home so my AM FM 6 CD and 120 Sirius channels in the car is more than adequate. The car is classy, a pleasure to drive. Audi does a nice job!! Very pleased with my lease.

2009 Audi A4 awesome

by First time Audi owner from New York, NY on February 10, 2011

I really enjoy driving this car. It is comfortable for long trips, great in the snow and super safe. It gets great highway gas mileage. Overall, it has been a treat to own. I really like the new body style comparable to the A6.

Best overall quality & performance car w/3.2L

by Audilover from Miami, FL on June 25, 2014

I bought a 2008 and then a 2009 Audi A4 and found the quality, performance and reliability and fit and finish being best of breed for a car in the mid size luxury segment. cost of ownership was only new tires @ 36K miles and after 35K miles, a new battery and oil changes right before 10K miles, so will definitely buy another Audi automobile again, probably the A5 next time! Had a BMW 3 Series for many years before my Audi and it's a better overall car for myself.

Great Car.

by Nickkk from Long Beach, CA on August 8, 2009

My mom traded in her 2007 BMW 530i for a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro and we love it! We saved $7,000 of sticker price by negotiating too.. It seemed to have more standard features than our $57,000 BMW (We have had BMW's for 12 Years) like 60/40 split folding rear seats, satellite radio, AWD, etc. The only problem we had was that our car had dents in it from the dealership being under construction but they didn't tell us... but they payed for it. And the rubber around the front windshield is changing colors from black to white. But it should be covered by the warranty.

i did buy it used though.

by RStin from Lexington, KY on May 19, 2017

I have a 2009 Audi A4, and its been a curse since the day i bought it. i have spent over 4000 in repairs on the thing whilst all the minor charges from things i fix myself. Expect problems! However, i did buy it used with 80K miles on it, and the car hasnt had the oil consumption fix done on it. But its a fun car to drive when its not breaking down.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8